1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Awwww SNAP! It's d3dm_lit BOYEE!

    • insta
    • August 17, 2004 at 2:35 PM

    Oh, remember to post r_speeds next time.

  • de_ungarn

    • insta
    • August 17, 2004 at 1:29 PM
    Quote from mawibse

    Every time someone dies make the church bell softly dong once.

    Now that is a good idea!

  • Tell us about your horrible job

    • insta
    • August 17, 2004 at 9:29 AM

    Ok, everyone tell everybody your shitty, godawful job.

    If you have an awesome job (mikezilla, zaphod, klein, mazy etc.), then please stay out of this thread, or start your own goddamn thread to discuss the finer points of being in heaven :evil:

    Ok, I'll go first.

    I work tech support for a phone company/ISP/evil all-consuming plague upon the world, and it pretty much blows.

    We're the biggest in my country (although thats not saying much), and therefore everybody hates us.

    My day consists of sitting around infront of a computer, reading SA forums, playing solitaire, making map layouts, and sometimes talking to customers. God, fucking customers. Always ruining my fun.

    I've gotten deaththreats a few times, but mostly people just call me retarded/stupid when I won't do something inane that they want me to do.

    The funniest is when people start crying or swearing that they will track me down and run me over with a car. Then I have to put the phone on mute while I and play some solitaire.

    This job is causing me to get low self-esteem, I work pretty shitty hours (8 hour shifts, you either start at 8 in the morning and work to 4, or you start at 12 and work until 8 ), and its mind-numbingly boring.

    I'll probably be stuck in this job for another year, while I wait for university to start. Then I'll be a student for 3 good, long years, trying to forget this dark, cold, evil place.

    [/rant]

    Ok, now you. And no game-industry professionals come into this thread to brag. I'm this close to drive a truck off a cliff.

    This message has been written from my workplace. I got paid for it. Yey.

  • Awwww SNAP! It's d3dm_lit BOYEE!

    • insta
    • August 17, 2004 at 6:53 AM

    Nice job, looks better than the 50 other custom D3 maps, which are all remakes of level 1 in doom1 :G

  • de_ungarn

    • insta
    • August 16, 2004 at 12:31 PM

    Amazing stuff.

    What textures are you using, and what mod is this for?

  • Modelling challenge

    • insta
    • August 14, 2004 at 7:18 AM

    Ok, I guess I'll post mine.

    It blows, but hey, atleast I'm learning.

    [Blocked Image: http://img43.exs.cx/img43/772/tv3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img43.exs.cx/img43/7489/tv4.jpg]

    Oh, and polycount is at 245

  • Best/Worst movies you've seen lately

    • insta
    • August 13, 2004 at 6:50 PM

    What are the best and worst movies you've seen lately?

    The worst movie I've seen lately is "The Day After Tomorrow".

    Horrible, horrible movie, but ok if you're bored for 2 hours.

    Basically the world ends in a cascade of CGI effects, and I almost fell asleep 2-3 times during the movie.

    The best movie I've seen lately (and maybe ever) is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Basically, two guys go to Las Vegas, do a ton of different drugs and you get to see the world through their eyes. Really funny and well acted.

    One of my favourite movies. Recommended viewing for everybody.

    Ok, now you

  • Modelling challenge

    • insta
    • August 13, 2004 at 6:20 PM

    its a pathetic model im making but oh well

    Liar liar pants on fire :E

    Awesome model, CJ

  • octinium!

    • insta
    • August 13, 2004 at 1:18 PM

    Yes because god knows we care.

    actually i love you duffy, please dont hate.

  • Mikey, Dorian (DD), and Nate's Nature SAFARI ADVENTURE

    • insta
    • August 13, 2004 at 1:00 PM

    Who are the people in the photos?

    I want to put a face to the username!

  • Modelling challenge

    • insta
    • August 13, 2004 at 11:41 AM

    I have had a fever for the last few days, and during the wild and crazy hallucinations I had, I had a excellent idea. A truly superb idea!

    Since HL2 is on the brink of being released, and we can all kiss our bsp-based maps goodbye (), we can learn to model together, like a family or perhaps an adorable collection of ducks

    Here is the idea, I will start typing it on the line underneath this one :

    Every week/month/whenever I feel like it, I will post a type of object, that we all try to model together! I will post lots and lots and heaps and bunches of sourcephotos, so we all know what exactly we are doing, then after some time, we all post our results. The model does not have to be skinned, just post a shot of the model in 3dsmax or a simple render.

    Ok? Ok!

    Here is the first Modelling Challenge!!

    A TELEVISION SET!!!!

    What is a Television set, you ask?

    Shup up for a moment, while I explain :

    tel·e·vi·sion

    The transmission of visual images of moving and stationary objects, generally with accompanying sound, as electromagnetic waves and the reconversion of received waves into visual images.

    That's pretty much it.

    Here are some random limitations that you don't really have to pay attention to, but I wrote them down anyway :

    -Max polycount ~1000

    -May include a TV tray

    -Antenna on top = BIG PLUS!

    And here are the sourcepictures :

    [Blocked Image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/5871/cc20television.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img68.exs.cx/img68/1713/television.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img68.exs.cx/img68/9469/tv.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img68.exs.cx/img68/8483/tv-indoor.jpg]

    Stop reading and start modelling!

  • octinium!

    • insta
    • August 12, 2004 at 10:01 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    coollooks 80ies

    whats an octinium?

    Yeah what he said.

  • Indiana wannabe~

    • insta
    • August 9, 2004 at 9:00 PM

    It looks like he using the toilet, the way his arms are positioned, and the look on his face.

    I give it 3 out of 5 Battlefields.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/images/icon/icon10-battlefield.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/images/icon/icon10-battlefield.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/images/icon/icon10-battlefield.gif]

  • What do you think of Doom 3?

    • insta
    • August 7, 2004 at 7:59 PM

    A+

    One of the best FPS games I've ever played.

  • Doom 3 Mapping!

    • insta
    • August 5, 2004 at 7:39 AM

    I've been wanting to get into Doom3 mapping once I finish my NW stuff.

    Hopefully the community will stick with the game, and it wont fizzle out like Farcry (which was a popular game, but people sorta left it when they had finished the SP campaign.)

  • Brothers in Arms, I heard it through the grapevine.

    • insta
    • July 31, 2004 at 2:23 PM

    You try too hard.

  • Anyone wanna make a mod?

    • insta
    • July 30, 2004 at 3:10 PM

    Off topic, but I love the movie your avatar is from, tnoh

  • Anti-Virus

    • insta
    • July 26, 2004 at 12:49 PM

    http://%7boption%7d

    Best free one there is, as far as I know.

  • Best/worst ending in history of games

    • insta
    • July 26, 2004 at 12:44 PM
    Quote from MrH2o

    Red Faction, I didnt finished it, but still

    I remember that one.

    You had to defuse a bomb, sorta like in counterstrike, just that you had to guess the code.

    And every button on the panel changed function every time you failed and loaded.

    And you had to guess like 5 different codes.

    On a timelimit.

    BUT HEY!

    Atleast you got rewarded with a 5 second video when you finally made it.

  • Episode 3

    • insta
    • July 26, 2004 at 11:35 AM

    This thread is already much better than that other "make a story" thread.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™