1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. curman

Posts by curman

  • Post here and i will DRAW you an avatar !!!

    • curman
    • May 2, 2006 at 7:11 PM

    i'd like one ;(

  • What does the industry expect of level designers?

    • curman
    • May 2, 2006 at 12:51 AM

    i heard they like to see you able to handle a lot of extras for the map. by that I mean not just able to make the level in brushwork, but also be skilled enough to create custom prop models for your map. Textures as well. this will show you a round-about skill in all aspects of level design.

  • Lamest drug you ever taken ?

    • curman
    • May 1, 2006 at 12:12 AM

    i'm still banned from vent can you unban

  • Lamest drug you ever taken ?

    • curman
    • April 30, 2006 at 11:55 PM

    I know myx0

  • Lamest drug you ever taken ?

    • curman
    • April 30, 2006 at 9:24 PM

    i don't do drugs

  • Tmp_Lodge *about time update*

    • curman
    • April 21, 2006 at 2:31 AM
    Quote from curman

    how many people are recommended for this? it doesnt look too big

  • The random model thread!

    • curman
    • April 20, 2006 at 8:36 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    Cyanide, who the fuck wears a hat in the post apocalypse?Tbh. use some of Absinte (or whatever your guy is named) drawings as a reference, cause they are WAY more awesome any anything else.

    Agreed I saw his artwork on the Graffiti section, if everything was like that ingame it'd be amazingly fun to play. Oh well, shame.

    + they need posty's originality

  • Tmp_Lodge *about time update*

    • curman
    • April 19, 2006 at 4:04 AM

    how many people are recommended for this? it doesnt look too big

  • de_corse *final*

    • curman
    • April 17, 2006 at 7:21 AM

    awesome i brought nem here with my retarded posts

  • de_corse *final*

    • curman
    • April 17, 2006 at 4:18 AM

    i was just stating from experience once.

    i saved a .vtf from a plugin, and it was like 3mbs. i tried the converting with vtex.exe and it was like 200kb. i did it right, they both came out in hammer and one was just larger in size than other. the quality was exactly same.

    if he wants to throw down, he better put up 10k and name the place.

  • de_corse *final*

    • curman
    • April 17, 2006 at 3:53 AM

    stfu

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEYZ!!!!!!!!!~@~@##"?$

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 5:40 PM

    happy sweet 16!!

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 5:07 PM

    I'm not insulting Garry, or saying him making cash is a rip-off. I just think the idea is going to backfire simply because of previous releases already out there. It won't be worth it to update for a few more features.

    And RD: "I don't know Garry well-enough to say anything about him personally. Just from an outside perspective." I wasn't at all saying anythin' insulting regarding Garry, I simply noted some things on his forums. You guys are overly defensive on here.

  • totally random texture thread

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 5:02 PM

    Ah! Man you should stick with tech, not to insult your other works. This looks really good for the first time, my only complaint is you really need to find a larger brush-pack

    I notice a lot of similar marks and highlights on there. Post an updated soon of new metal

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 4:55 AM

    Perhaps. But then again, theres two different motives that would trigger a different personality.

    Really no one bothers the guy on IRC, I only seen him say something once or twice, so he never really is bombarded with questions or anything.

    Forums he's likely going to get frustrated when daily theres a flood of topics of insults, flaming, suggestions, requests. Just needs to keep his cool.

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 4:50 AM

    You're right, things can get snappy. But a mod going retail you want to keep the best reputation you can towards your community to give a good word. I guess I think if someone joins forums, requests something. Gets banned. I doubt he's now going to buy Garry's Mod for 10 bucks.

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 16, 2006 at 4:44 AM

    Are you apart of the G-mod forums, or ever viewed them? I personally am not, but I have been told aswell there are bans given out for suggestions, complaints, insulting or flaming, without even warning. Many times when I view the forums I notice several, more than needed I would say, users with "Banned" underneath their name.

    Edit: Paypal has a refund feature now, Garry didn't have to. The people could of retrieved it with simple assistance of Paypal, and likely Garry just knew it and didn't want to make it a fuss. And one occurance of being thoughtful doesn't redeem previous actions. But again, I don't know Garry well-enough to say anything about him personally. Just from an outside perspective.

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 15, 2006 at 5:14 PM
    Quote from Defrag

    I don't see all the fuss about it. He worked his balls off making it, so good luck to him.

    Yeah I don't think he worked that hard on it.

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 15, 2006 at 3:04 PM

    That's what I'm saying. Modifications like DOD:Source and Sin Episodes, I understand their for pricing because of the content and time put into it. With a mod you basically goof around it? Eh.

    And also, with about 9+ previously releases out there still, likely it's a small majority really who'd buy the newest one. I hope garry tells us the number of accounts sold the first week, I'm interested to hear.

  • Garry's Mod

    • curman
    • April 15, 2006 at 5:59 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    wtf? I gotta pay for garry's mod, now? It wasnt even that cool before.

    That's pretty much my opinion, really what is worth even 10 dollars of Garry's mod?

    Lets see:

    -Screenshots of the gman bending over alyx.

    -For mods to fake screenshots.

    -Roleplayers took it over to be dumb in like in The Specialists.

    I don't see it at all being worth a cent, I think it's going to be a grand upset in profits.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™