1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. von*ferret

Posts by von*ferret

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • May 5, 2007 at 7:13 PM

    holy shit grunge and scratch brushes via photoshop. Tone that down! Only scratch it where it would make sense to be scratched.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 4, 2007 at 4:47 PM

    New lighting stinks in my opinion. The color is too saturated. Its too contrasty. Looks like an old school unreal map rather then a polished radiosity driven map.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • von*ferret
    • May 4, 2007 at 5:43 AM

    I'm an asshole.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 10:55 PM
    Quote from hessi

    that's so cool moroes. i really like the new environment for dod:si cant take the normandy/italian villages any more!

    too bad I'm making one then huh.

  • Crazy Bump 2.6

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 10:46 PM

    Does he want people to download it freely like this? His front page says specifically to email him if you want to beta test it.

  • Teen Arrested for Counterstrike Map

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM

    Do you ever say anything constructive Rick?

  • "Fracture" - Real time terrain deformation, here w

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM

    Neat, it'll be interesting how they push that idea.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:25 PM

    So as far as I'm concerned we'll start voting on Monday? Gives you the weekend to playtest.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 3, 2007 at 4:25 PM

    I agree with defrag. Right now you have like this collage of desaturated color in this war scene. I dont feel depth in your scene. I dont see indoors unless I try. Which would make it hard for me moving in the scene to appropriately see and address enemies. I'd say if you worked on lighting to improve a sense of depth it would go a long way.

  • Teen Arrested for Counterstrike Map

    • von*ferret
    • May 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM

    Neither party took the appropriate road.

  • Uni Animation

    • von*ferret
    • May 2, 2007 at 9:36 PM

    sorry but color would go a long way, even subtle color.

  • Teen Arrested for Counterstrike Map

    • von*ferret
    • May 2, 2007 at 9:26 PM

    Fear brings out the stupidest in people.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 2, 2007 at 5:19 PM
    Quote from killertomato

    I think you have a great sense of athmosphere and scenery but your maps lack detail. You need to give the brush- and the texturework the attention they need.Then your maps will be awesome.

    I agree, it looks rushed.

  • Uni Animation

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 11:36 PM

    looks hot except for the tile floor, thats letting me down.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 11:09 PM

    real nice, too bad you didn't get a 3d skybox on that as well. I'd say keep working on it.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 6:00 AM

    are you going to offer up a download?

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 3:01 AM

    i thought the deadline was midnight... oh well. Yes I'll be joining the gears bash.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 2:58 AM

    boo, you got 3 hours.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 12:32 AM

    yeah you dont honestly think that I entered to you, oh you're silly. Kung Fu Squirrel convinced me not to enter the contest.

  • Competition: HL2DM 1024-unit Official Entries

    • von*ferret
    • May 1, 2007 at 12:12 AM

    5.75 hours to compile. Thanks for getting the server rocking rick.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™