1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. von*ferret

Posts by von*ferret

  • Unreal Engine 3 for 14.99

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 11:43 PM

    anyone try it out yet?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM

    that, is fucking hot.

  • My Orc

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 9:52 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.zachf.com/orc01.jpg]

    Other then a solid color to color code areas for myself, no work has been done on the color map. Everything is all the bump. There is no specular map yet as I havn't gotten to it. Later tonight I'll have the bump/color/spec done and I'll start work on the fur and hair. After that its just chain mail and rigging it!

  • Half-Life "Grunt" remake

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 9:35 PM

    your photoshop filter camo is dragging the model down.

  • Human 01 (Crits Please)

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 9:31 PM

    I disagree with you! Fundamentals are fundamentals as Peri said. You can learn the fundamentals of edge looping which right now, is what is bringing down his models. Edge looping will help deformation when he animates/rigs as well as help define import anatomy.

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 5:47 PM

    http://www.3dtotal.com

    mental ray is a quite capable renderer.

  • Human 01 (Crits Please)

    • von*ferret
    • November 12, 2006 at 5:47 PM

    Try to keep quads. FOr human models I suggest you read the Joan of Arc tutorial. Its quite possibly the best human modeling tutorial on the internet.

    http://67.15.36.49/ffa/tutorials/max/jo ... anmenu.asp

  • congrats Hourences on your upcoming LD book!

    • von*ferret
    • November 11, 2006 at 6:23 AM

    congrats

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • November 9, 2006 at 7:57 PM

    very nice. Looks like you'r eplaying with rendering.

  • Good quiz!

    • von*ferret
    • November 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM

    14 lol

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • November 8, 2006 at 1:47 AM

    texture needs work, it looks stone.

  • New bi-monthly GameMod magazine needs contributors

    • von*ferret
    • November 5, 2006 at 3:33 PM

    lol modmag

  • Sub Surface Scattering

    • von*ferret
    • November 3, 2006 at 7:02 AM

    my orc had sss on it, but I can't rig the whole model if its not one object. and i can't apply the SSS and other shaders to different parts of one object or the back scattering breaks on the SSS.

  • Sub Surface Scattering

    • von*ferret
    • November 2, 2006 at 5:00 PM

    I"m asking because I can't get sub surface to work with another mental ray shader. I'm wondering if they have to share the same light map file. The help files does not go that indepth into the limitations of sub surface with other surface shaders.

  • Sub Surface Scattering

    • von*ferret
    • November 2, 2006 at 4:26 PM

    I know that many of you are pure game artists, but I was wondering if anyone here has worked with Sub Surface Scattering in 3dsmax?

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • November 2, 2006 at 3:52 PM

    in my opinion its all about good planning on the normal and spec map. Picking colors is the easy part. And the color map shoudl only be color now adays sooo have it!

  • The random model thread!

    • von*ferret
    • November 2, 2006 at 3:44 PM

    looks pretty hot so far.

  • Very impressive

    • von*ferret
    • November 2, 2006 at 3:19 PM

    that plus RTS would be hot

  • Halloween Costumes!

    • von*ferret
    • November 1, 2006 at 9:02 PM

    thats awesome

  • W.I.P. Critique

    • von*ferret
    • November 1, 2006 at 3:36 PM

    looks really great. I'll comment later. class

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™