1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. von*ferret

Posts by von*ferret

  • Nearly finished my BIG final year project!...

    • von*ferret
    • March 13, 2005 at 8:30 AM

    how were those environments built? Wonderful models.

  • Brothers in Arms

    • von*ferret
    • March 13, 2005 at 5:09 AM

    Can't f'ing wait

  • Would you join a MOD advertised in the CLASSIFIEDS forum?

    • von*ferret
    • March 11, 2005 at 7:56 PM

    Freelancer unless I start a mod or join a mod that a close friend starts. No time with college to do anything dedicated.

  • OH SHIZZY THIS FORIZNITS BACK1!!1

    • von*ferret
    • March 11, 2005 at 7:53 PM

    god now I have something to do!

  • Doll

    • von*ferret
    • March 11, 2005 at 7:52 PM

    I just UVW mapped my character the other day and I had to split it up into two planar maps. I'm really annoyed cause I wanted to just do one cylindrical and have only one seam. I think I might just redo it cause I was under a time crunch before.

  • dm_elysia

    • von*ferret
    • January 31, 2005 at 2:34 PM

    It would've been smarter to just use two different islands. Have more connectsions. But first and foremost gone to a level design and game design community for ideas and critique instead of going to hl2world who are a bunch of children who scramble over eachother to get the first suck on their mother's tit (pronounced teet).

  • dm_elysia

    • von*ferret
    • January 31, 2005 at 6:58 AM

    Great idea, however I dont think it would make a fun map simply because its takes too long to travel from one local to the other. It also seems pretty linear as you only have so many connects between islands. Its a wonderful theme, I just wish you'd thought more about designing it more centrally.

  • HL2 mods with Photoshop CS and 3ds MAX

    • von*ferret
    • January 31, 2005 at 2:03 AM

    Be nice. I'd suggest reading tutorials and learning the programs before jumping into making a mod. It takes alot more work than what appears. With that said I wish you luck. hopefuly your effort will turn out well.

  • [WIP] q3_Technicastle

    • von*ferret
    • January 31, 2005 at 2:02 AM

    Looks way too chaotic between textures and your brushwork. Your light fades need to be more subtle and less stand outish. I think with some reworking of the lighting and some better texturing you'll find it'll stand out as a more quality map.

  • Its growing!

    • von*ferret
    • January 31, 2005 at 1:38 AM

    I updated the guns and worked a little no the chasis and did some optimizations. However I left that version at my school computer so I have to wait until tommorow to get it back onto my room computer. Than I'll get you guys some flatshaded/wireframe renders.

  • Its growing!

    • von*ferret
    • January 30, 2005 at 3:39 PM

    Looky! Its almost done! Just gotta redo the gun turrets cause I dont like them.

  • Everyone give zaphod reassurance here!

    • von*ferret
    • January 29, 2005 at 8:07 PM

    /me huggles zaph

  • de position

    • von*ferret
    • January 29, 2005 at 7:35 PM

    wow what a friggin jump in skill

  • Wasteland HL2 - Sniper & Signurai

    • von*ferret
    • January 29, 2005 at 7:32 PM

    awesome man

  • Its growing!

    • von*ferret
    • January 29, 2005 at 7:13 AM

    you totaly added that

  • Its growing!

    • von*ferret
    • January 29, 2005 at 6:32 AM

    hehee nope

  • dm_test

    • von*ferret
    • January 28, 2005 at 11:58 PM

    marcos you lie, I learned from you

  • Its growing!

    • von*ferret
    • January 28, 2005 at 11:43 PM

    udpated MrH20 is closest now

  • dm_test

    • von*ferret
    • January 28, 2005 at 8:42 PM

    Marcos is a god at lighting. Something you'll learn with him. I think marcos is a true definition of a game designing artist.

  • 1st texture here

    • von*ferret
    • January 28, 2005 at 8:34 AM

    some of the shading on the dirt -> rock looks really sketchy. Take more time and dodge/burn parts.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™