1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. von*ferret

Posts by von*ferret

  • hi from me

    • von*ferret
    • May 22, 2005 at 10:34 PM

    nice to see some new talent to spice things up, welcome. Spread the word and get your e-friends over here to spill content all over the forums.

  • E3 Babe pics

    • von*ferret
    • May 22, 2005 at 4:27 AM

    Think they could invest in some more elaborate costumes. lol

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 21, 2005 at 7:34 AM

    lol

  • totally random texture thread

    • von*ferret
    • May 20, 2005 at 9:25 PM

    the repetitive bolt highlights I dislike

  • RUST

    • von*ferret
    • May 20, 2005 at 6:36 AM

    w

    t

    f

    SHUT UP THIS IS THE ONLY COMMUNTUHYI ALOWED

  • baby on the way!

    • von*ferret
    • May 20, 2005 at 6:35 AM

    shit btw happy contragrats kungsfusfsiouerl!!!!

  • baby on the way!

    • von*ferret
    • May 20, 2005 at 6:35 AM

    i'm 53 and rrunkd

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 20, 2005 at 12:36 AM
    Quote from Tequila

    Nice! Looks like Rivendell.

    Cause it is!

    OMFG YEAH!!!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 19, 2005 at 1:53 AM

    I wish I aws you!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • von*ferret
    • May 18, 2005 at 11:48 PM

    texturing on one of my bridges. Still needs tweaking but I have to do the other stuff before I can go back and refine everything =/ Damn so much work to dol.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wip10.jpg]

  • My arch thing model something..

    • von*ferret
    • May 18, 2005 at 7:55 AM

    I think you should put the scratches on the normal map rather than the diffuse map. Lighting will be more realistic I think.

  • Playstation 3 DROOL!

    • von*ferret
    • May 17, 2005 at 9:09 AM

    I'd tap killzone, it has a sexy ass.

  • WIP Room scene

    • von*ferret
    • May 16, 2005 at 4:23 AM

    when building a scene like this, do you weld all of your verts together or just have them through planes?

  • whos going?

    • von*ferret
    • May 15, 2005 at 11:43 PM

    I'll go when I have a career

  • [HL2 WIP] DM_SYCRAN

    • von*ferret
    • May 14, 2005 at 9:35 PM

    first and last pic rock. Middle pics feel like they dont belong.

  • Normal Map - A newbies Search

    • von*ferret
    • May 14, 2005 at 8:32 AM

    very sexy, might be a little too saturated in areas for me?

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • von*ferret
    • May 13, 2005 at 12:14 AM

    The gameplay is alread set =( I agree that mirroring will take away the believability, but for gameplay reasons I want to keep things fair. One side will look more damaged and "old" and "wild" if we have time to edit all the meshes. We have less than 2 weeks to finish everything on this.

  • epic games purchases reality engine!

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 10:08 PM

    Just beacuse you buy competition doesn't mean its hostile

  • epic games purchases reality engine!

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 9:21 PM

    buy out the competition

  • WIP Level Design Final

    • von*ferret
    • May 12, 2005 at 8:08 PM

    There will be 2 levels of terrain and a 3d skybox for depth. But i have gamplay priorities to settle before I can work on those touches. I only have the 1st level of terrain that defines the game zone. There will be a lot less stone. I just have the base stone texture for testing of the static meshes. Most of the stuff will look like carved wood. The walls just have a brick texture to define them as walls. They'll again get custom. Everything will be 100% custom except maybe the terrain because I dont know if I'll have time to make a bunch of terrain textures ontop of all the meshes I'm responsible for finishing. There is one more area in the level but I'm nearly as done with it yet to show you.

    All of the water is one giant mesh. I UVW"d it with a texture panner to get it to flow properly. I didn't use any fluid surfaces or anything for it.

    Trees are just a trunk with a _lot_ of planes. For the tree ridge that I showed in the updated last shot I just rendered out a bunch of my trees and took the alpha channel and made a texture out of it. Than made a plane, applied the texture and made perpindicular trees to give it a little depth. Not hard and its noticable if you get too lcose, but for the average gamer (not a developer like us) you wont really notice that its a plane and it'll just look like dense forest.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™