1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vinny Testaverde

Posts by Vinny Testaverde

  • Punch Club (ex. VHS Story)

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • June 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM

    I want to play it.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • March 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

    I found these screenshots on an old angelfire account...

    I think CS was at 1.5 during this time. (this was 2001-2002) Map was never realesed...

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0015.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0010.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0005.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0014.jpg][Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0006.jpg][Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0003.jpg][Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0004.jpg][Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/stuff/cs_chopsuey0013.jpg]

  • Shawn Snelling - Level Design

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • September 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

    I like it! I kinda like how they are all on one page. Maye the thumbnails should be a bit larger? Also perhaps all of the large images should be the same width, and not varied like you have em?

  • Magnificent short movies

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • April 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

    I made a short animated film (3m 14s)

    It is about a lion who loses his crown, and his head...

    It is a little dark and weird...

  • What's the plan for MapCore this year?

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • March 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM

    will our join date be erased? I was rather proud of my old school 2003 status...

  • SimCity V

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • March 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM

    I am pessimistic; unless I misread the article I don't think Will Wright is behind it. SC4 is still pretty cool. But who knows maybe it will be awesome!

  • Merry christmas and Happy new year Mapcore!

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • December 29, 2010 at 2:54 AM

    ...and a happy new year!!

  • The yes men

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • October 7, 2009 at 3:30 AM

    I have met them in person, they work out of the New School in NYC. They are nice guys.

  • the new web project

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • June 19, 2009 at 4:08 PM

    Don't brush this off as bs.

    The web is dead. It is ending, the money interests have been quietly taking over. They are winning the file sharing battle, governments are grabbing more control of the web under the guise of cybersecurity. There is not going to be anymore wonderful free web with tons of info anymore. It is a bloody miracle that the web has been free and open for so long.

    Wake up.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • April 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM

    Spicy,

    you need more light in the street, add light coming from the shop windows or something, your hiding all the wonderful detail there.

  • Crisis of credit

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • February 27, 2009 at 12:35 AM

    This is only a small part of the problem that is going on here.

    All you have to know is: buy gold and canned food.

  • Wow...it's another portfolio thread

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • February 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM

    the thumbnails are scaled down larger jpgs. the thumbnails should be their own small jpgs

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • February 7, 2009 at 1:13 AM

    Spicy Tanuki FA-FTW !!

  • [DOD:S] dod_troddle

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • February 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM

    My only complaint is that it looks like its laid out in a grid, everything is very linear. I would like to see more curved streets, forked intersections etc.

    Also needs more color, very bland looking

    Looks like fun though!

  • AO Error [3Ds Max]

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • January 22, 2009 at 1:59 AM

    see if there is a bias parameter for the AO, put it to 0 if there is

    could also be a UV map problem?

  • Traveling Europe

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • December 24, 2008 at 4:46 PM

    Pretty much every person you would have to interact with spoke English. Again, I went before the whole Kosovo/embassy on fire situation, and then they didn't seem to treat me any differently as they would any other foreigner. Some of the cab drivers gave me tours.

    I would say tensions have died down now however

    here are some good sites with lots of good info about traveling:

    http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page

    http://www.bootsnall.com/

  • Traveling Europe

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • December 23, 2008 at 2:16 PM

    I have traveled a lot throughout europe the past couple of years, some photos i took:

    This is Sofia, Bulgaria I found it safe and a lot of fun, with good looking women:

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/sofia3.jpg]

    This is Belgrade, Serbia. This was before the whole Kosovo thing, and it was nice and fun there, and the women were incredible, although they didn't want to talk to me.

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/belgrade2.jpg]

    more of Belgrade:

    [Blocked Image: http://jonmonaghan.com/photo/belgrade1.jpg]

    Sevilla, Spain: (January)

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/spain07.jpg]

    Cordoba, Spain:

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/spain06.jpg]

    Florence, Italy:

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/italy1.jpg]

    Rome:

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/italy5.jpg]

    Berlin

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/STB_2045.jpg]

    Dresden

    [Blocked Image: http://jonathanmonaghan.com/photo/STA_1963.jpg]

    From my experience as a traveler I would say go to some smaller towns on your trip. You don't want your experience to be a touristy fiction. You will get a better sense of life in Europe if you stay in some less traveled areas. Like if your in Germany go to Aachen or Bruhl, wonderful cities with a lot of history and stuff to see and do. It was also interesting being the only American in Belgrade..

    I am going to France in a couple of days, New Years etc. I will let you know how that goes

  • Garry officially a rich bastard

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • December 6, 2008 at 11:31 PM

    I am sure he is making good money, but there are expenses as well. And he has worked his ass off the past couple of years

    Its just another job...

    But good going garry! hardwork and good ideas pay off.

  • ins_hermes_beta4

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • November 16, 2008 at 9:13 PM

    It just needs to be made a bit more colorful, perhaps less fog, more lighting variation, Blueish fog with a warmer sunlight maybe?

    I dont think you need to worry about details, just more colors in the textures and less fog, more colorful lighting.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vinny Testaverde
    • November 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM

    Wow, that was unexpected.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™