1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 20, 2006 at 7:47 PM

    http://www.mozilla.com/add-ons/jogacompanion/

  • DE_KERK [updated July 5th, new screens page 2 + beta d/l]

    • Minos
    • June 20, 2006 at 6:32 PM

    The theme is too contrasting imo. It ranges from mansion-like buildings, to castles/churches and industrial brick buildings. The textures need some variation too, specially the stone walls in the third shot. Have you got an overview shot of the layout ?

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • Minos
    • June 20, 2006 at 6:22 PM
    Quote from ginsengavenger

    christ it's a fkn circle jerk in here.Mino you know I like you but come on dude you can do more than this. This is well detailed and lit but that's all it's got: there's no underlying design. The setting is totally lacking, the entire thing is literally *level* and there's no open air whatsoever. Just let it be portfolio filler and move on to something interesting

    In fact there is an outside area:

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/dm_avon_hammershot.jpg]

    I agree that it's lacking a strong theme but my idea was just to make a few and nice corridors being surrounded by the outside area. Anyways, this is just a side project. I work on it when I get bored with my INS map (that's a lot more time demanding and complex than this). Tbh I love those weak themed dm maps.

    Skullhozer: Thanks for pointing that out

  • uber-rofl-feedback on my map - not work safe

    • Minos
    • June 19, 2006 at 7:22 PM

    The chick in the middle is hot!

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 19, 2006 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from Spellbinder

    Some one at the studio in Swedish television said that the players use to prepare their shoes with something glue like to handle the ball better. But unfortenetly this year they also prepared the balls the teams are playing with, thats why they do a lot of wierd stuff like that.

    That's the biggest pile of shit I have ever read.

  • Yet another reason why NOT to use Mayang

    • Minos
    • June 19, 2006 at 3:12 AM

    Where's Insurgency man

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 18, 2006 at 9:27 PM

    nah 2nd half was cool imo. We got a lot better when Ronaldo was substituted. Although I don't really like Robinho, he played well and was very motivated, which gave the team some energy. Australia was better in the 2nd half too, making the match a lot more interesting.

    I was disappointed with Japan though. I was cheering for them, I really wish they had beat Croatia. They improved a lot in the past years but they still have a long way to go.

  • Call of duty 3 : Wii [scans]

    • Minos
    • June 18, 2006 at 4:38 PM
    Quote from mabufo

    The COD games give me headaches - way too much screen shaking.

    They always give me headaches too... can't stand all that screaming.

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 17, 2006 at 8:55 PM

    lol

    So Brazil is playing against Australia tomorrow and we are a having a big barbecue here. Everyone is invited.

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 16, 2006 at 7:15 PM

    oh netherlands vs ivory coast was a pretty cool match! Ivory coast deserved to win though, they acted like braves, fighted for every ball and were a lot more motivated than netherlands (in the second half at least).

    so what's next now, Mexico vs Angola ?

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 16, 2006 at 1:05 AM

    yeah the game was nice but the photos are way awesomer

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/crouch.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/england_trinidad2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot_mapcore/england_trinidad3.jpg]

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • Minos
    • June 16, 2006 at 12:40 AM

    after so much positive feedback I'll surely finish this baby

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2006 at 7:12 AM

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/76562/alw ... e_of_life/

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2006 at 4:03 AM

    Cool job KT. Although it lacks some detail the atmosphere is convincing. keep it up.

  • Torque Engine WIP.

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2006 at 12:05 AM

    it looks pretty cool considering the torque limitations

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2006 at 12:00 AM

    yeah I did KT

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2006 at 11:41 PM
    Quote from insta

    Looks very hot, I like the lighting especially. The reflections on the pipes looks weird though. Maybe add some env_cubemaps closer to the pipes, to tone it down a bit?

    the thing is, I forgot to run buildcubemaps when I sent the map to Delaz

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2006 at 10:29 PM

    haha yeah Interesting match. Although the german team isn't as skillfull as they used to be they still fight for every ball and are really motivated... I think they will either end up winning or getting 2nd in this world cup.

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2006 at 10:15 PM

    I'll probably never finish this but I'll start this topic anyways.

    This is a dm_ map I was working on to spice up my portfolio. Thanks go to delaz for taking the shots.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_01_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_02_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_03_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_04_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_05_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_06_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_07_thumb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.delaz.be/dm_avon_08_thumb.jpg]

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2006 at 6:30 PM

    ya they look pretty ugly

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    n4r
    October 11, 2026 at 1:37 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™