1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • Minos
    • September 5, 2007 at 4:44 AM

    ahaha that's a horrible design imo. But it's pretty funny and that makes it great.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • September 5, 2007 at 4:40 AM

    Looks cool D3ads, I dig the style. I agree with synthesizer though, stay away from pure black. In fact I'd flatten the image, double the layer and set the top one to "screen" to brighten it naturaly.

  • Movies - Level Design Inspiration

    • Minos
    • September 5, 2007 at 4:31 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    Children of Men

    oh god I loved that movie! Good one.

  • How are you doing?

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 7:22 PM

    someday

  • How are you doing?

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    yeah awesome thread indeed, we used to have one of this in the past and it rocked.

    I'm doing rather well. I'm enjoying Design school a lot, and it's amazing how noob'ish I was when I joined it 6 months ago. I already learned a lot of useful things like visual perception theories, color theory, etc etc Kickass stuff

    I have a lovely girlfriend, we are together for over a year now. It's amazing how our relationship is very steady. We never had any major fights (only small arguments but who doesn't ?) and I'm pretty glad with having her as my gf

    Besides all of that I decided to quit another shit part time job last friday and run my own business from home (more details on my blog - http://www.meetmino.net ). I'm also working hard on my portfolio in order to apply for Grin someday (but I don't think Evert would like me IRL ).

    so yeah, all in all life is pretty good

  • Time to move on..

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM

    hehe nice to hear that from you Frie, it's a very tough decision but you are doing the right thing I suppose. You gotta have big cojones to quit a "dream job" and go to university, you got my respect for that

    As Twiz said I'm pretty sure you will enjoy your time there. I used to hate school and being forced to study boring stuff. And now it's totaly different since I'm studying what I enjoy (graphic design, visual arts etc) and have friends who have a lot in commom with me.

    (interesting fact: I used to skip like 1-2 classes a week when I was in high school because. I have skipped college only 2 times so far )

    Good luck Frie

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 7:07 AM

    Nice nooba, I love the shadows

  • Mustang

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 7:06 AM

    oh yeah that's awesome indeed. Not too keen on the blower though, I think it looks a bit small but it may be just me

    GJ

  • Movies - Level Design Inspiration

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 7:00 AM

    City of God (could work for any latin america/african themed map)

    Amélie (Nice french archtecture + cozy color correction)

    Collateral (awesome outdoor night scenes)

  • assassination attempt

    • Minos
    • September 3, 2007 at 6:52 AM

    As a real wigga you should have beated the shit out of them nexus

  • Fake, or photo?

    • Minos
    • August 31, 2007 at 7:28 AM
    Quote

    Excellent! Nine out of ten answers were correct

    I was tricked by the up close car photo too

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2007 at 8:34 PM

    hehe starting to look cool

  • Motivation

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:44 PM

    "You will only have a cig after you finish this damn uvmap "

  • Source Engine Powered Zeno Clash Announced

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2007 at 4:11 AM

    hehe didn't even know there were game dev companies in Chile. Good to see south american fellows working with Source

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • August 27, 2007 at 2:45 AM

    stupid photo montage a girl from college made.. she even mispelled my name

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/408/408320df82617b32d144ab0ab721af2d887dd0.jpg]

    (I'm getting a haircut tomorrow so don't throw strawberries at me like if I was a bad boy )

  • [HL2:DM] dm_crossfire

    • Minos
    • August 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

    Looking very good, I'll surely download it.

  • Borderlands

    • Minos
    • August 24, 2007 at 3:11 PM

    Looks ok, the excavator looks damn rad though.

  • Impressive technical illustration

    • Minos
    • August 24, 2007 at 5:16 AM

    I'm simply drooling at this:

    http://www.khulsey.com/empress_main.html

    Quote

    Illustration Stats - Size: 36" @ 350 dpi, 640 mb CMYK File with 35 Layers / Illustration Time: 720 hrs.

    The "how to" http://www.khulsey.com/demo_1howto.html

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM

    hehe cool. The problem with the lit windows is that they are too bright... they draw so much attention that when you try to look at the surrounding buildings your eyes just can't stop staring at them

    http://shawsheen.com/images/boylston_st ... 10_640.jpg

    [Blocked Image: http://www.nybits.com/images/photo/f…ht_broadway.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.urban75.org/photos/newyork…rk-night-12.jpg]

    You could also try to use color correction to achieve that cool atmosphere in the first pic. That would looks seriously good. (I'm not too keen on the purple'ish lighting atm)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 23, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Nevermind him, he is totaly nuts.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™