1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • October 30, 2007 at 2:45 AM

    alright, another prop for my map, a park bench this time (yeah it's my own concept)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/669/669502e7687fa8768c48d9d18fb359cd14b5d1.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • October 30, 2007 at 1:55 AM

    Yeah I love my kokos <3

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • October 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM

    Modeled these arches for my INS map:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/667/667245c416023722cb11c8f1a3217dcfd3b44e.jpg]

    (130 polys but the lod stage cuts it down to 70 or something which is pretty optimal imo)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • October 29, 2007 at 3:30 PM

    Looks pretty good. Bake it to another UV channel, so it saves you lots of time when rendering the rames

  • [css] cs_atafaris

    • Minos
    • October 29, 2007 at 8:29 AM

    Well, you obviously got skill (I dig the interior lighting) but try to come up with something new next time.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • October 29, 2007 at 4:38 AM

    Thanks for ruining it jerk

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • October 29, 2007 at 4:25 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/665/665108bb0333bd8ff12576b3c3c169b3661c2e.jpg]

    REDNECK RAMPAGE!! (me my daddy and my bro with some good swedish vodka and a nice fish we fished ourselves )

  • Deer Hunter 2005

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 6:26 PM

    Lee3Dee worked on a duck hunting game btw

  • need to upload your textures?

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    ffs it is 2 years old

  • Deer Hunter 2005

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 8:03 AM

    I honestly can't say I enjoyed playing the game either. One of the devs claimed the game was "ecological" but I strongly disagree. I can't see killing animals as ecological. But yeah, since it's aimed at hunters (exclusively) I guess it's ok. If Atari offered my company lots of money to make such a game I'd totaly do it, as there's a whole market and culture behind it (their playerbase is actually rather big. There even are sites where you can download custom maps, animals and stuff).

    I quit playing the game when I killed a squirrel though. I felt so pity for the poor creature...

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 6:30 AM

    oh god here we go again

  • ZM_Desolo Released!

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 4:24 AM

    Oh yeah I just saw this on fpsbanana, looks rather solid to me

  • Mapping for non fps/action games?

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 4:23 AM
    Quote from Evert

    Or maybe try Neverwinter Nights or sum'n similair.

    Yeah was going to mention that. It comes with a level editor but as far as I know it's pretty similar do Sandbox or the BF editor.

    Hell I'd love to work on a low poly game/mod (128x128 max for textures and models and stuff!).

  • Phantom Menace - Halo picture comparison

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2007 at 4:21 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    No, I don't like it either.

  • Deer Hunter 2005

    • Minos
    • October 25, 2007 at 4:52 PM

    Deer Hunter is ok, and it's in fact great considering it's a brazilian game. (I'm doing some freelance works for southlogic at the moment, they improved a lot since the last Deer Hunter )

  • Anti-Semitic discussion

    • Minos
    • October 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM

    Americans can't take a joke

  • mapCon: europe

    • Minos
    • October 24, 2007 at 10:09 PM

    Alright count me in

    not really

  • DM_DryEarth

    • Minos
    • October 24, 2007 at 10:06 PM

    Cool stuff, I like it

    You can improve your vis times by using proper hint brushes. Large visleafs with lots of stuff inside them take a lot longer to compile than a few large visleafs without anything in them. So yeah, seal off the large outside areas with hints and it should improve your compile times a lot.

  • Problems with custom gibs models (source)

    • Minos
    • October 24, 2007 at 1:00 AM

    Hey guys, I'm trying to make the electrician's ladder breakable but I'm having some troubles with it: The bastards just don't appear ingame when I set them to phys_prop (they work fine as prop_static though). I also modeled custom gibs for it. Anyways, here's the .qc for the main model:

    Quote

    $modelname generic/wooden_ladder_mino_breakable$cdmaterials models/generic

    $surfaceprop "wood_plank"

    $scale 1.0

    $body studio "wooden_ladder_mino"

    $lod 45

    {

    replacemodel "wooden_ladder_mino" "wooden_ladder_mino_lod"

    }

    $sequence idle "wooden_ladder_mino" loop fps 15

    $collisionmodel "wooden_ladder_mino_col"

    {

    $Mass 35

    $concave

    }

    $keyvalues

    {

    "prop_data"

    {

    "base" "Wooden.Large"

    "health" "140"

    }

    }

    $collisiontext

    {

    break { "model" "wooden_ladder_mino_gib1" "health" "0" "fadetime" "40" }

    break { "model" "wooden_ladder_mino_gib2" "health" "0" "fadetime" "40" }

    break { "model" "wooden_ladder_mino_gib3" "health" "0" "fadetime" "40" }

    }

    Display More

    Gibs models .qc file:

    Quote

    $modelname generic/wooden_ladder_mino_gib1$cdmaterials models/generic

    $surfaceprop "wood_plank"

    $scale 1.0

    $autocenter

    $body studio "wooden_ladder_mino_gib1"

    $sequence idle "wooden_ladder_mino_gib1" loop fps 15

    Display More
  • Who was it here who made the Mario halloween pumpkin?

    • Minos
    • October 23, 2007 at 3:29 PM

    What a horrible costume and what a horrible dog...

    [Blocked Image: http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19447.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™