1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2008 at 3:05 AM

    Take it easy on the sharpen filter dux I'd also remove the highlights since they should be done via normal/specular maps. Nice progress anyways!

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM

    Nice characters kokos, I just think the guy's left arm looks very awkward.

  • Meo's digital paintings

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM

    Nice style, how did you manage to achieve that crayon look?

  • Automatic AO / Global Illumination In 3Dsmax?

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM

    I never had any problems with baking AO maps in 3dsmax myself... just place an skylight, pick your object, go to render to texture dialog, set padding to 2 (so you don't get black lines on the output), choose "use existing channel" instead of "automatic mapping" and then render a "completemap". Also, make sure to apply a pure white material to your object before baking the texture, so you don't get a dark output.

  • A crashed C-130 Hercules transport plane

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM

    Awesome, no crits here Would you mind posting the flats klein?

  • Source Engine Powered Zeno Clash Announced

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2008 at 3:07 PM

    Looks very interesting to be honest.

  • Pirates, Vikings and Knights II - Beta 2 Released!

    • Minos
    • February 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM

    Alright I've just played this for a good hour and I must say I absolutely love it! I loved the maps, they look great. Too bad I always get lost in pvk_fort, but that's a matter of time until I learn the layout I believe.

    Congrats PVKII team, this mod is really polished

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2008 at 5:49 PM

    There's something very fishy going on here but I have no idea what's causing this... any thoughts? (and yeah I did build the cubemaps...)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1209/1209409d162d844f76994ffe514f527966f8ec6.jpg]

  • TF2: CP_REDSTONE

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM

    I love the interior lighting, keep up the good work skdr

    /me eats

  • Pirates, Vikings and Knights II - Beta 2 Released!

    • Minos
    • February 5, 2008 at 2:06 AM

    ahh nice stuff Skjalg, I'll make sure to download it this time

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Minos
    • February 4, 2008 at 11:48 PM

    I was never really into the hitman series but I decided to give Blood Money a try and it's pretty cool

    I'm also getting Gears of War very soon (I got a new pc yay).

  • Arbogast (HL2-DM)

    • Minos
    • February 4, 2008 at 11:45 PM

    Nice to see you finally finishing this little baby

    Lighting could use some work in my opinion, as it looks very 2004'ish at the moment (no HDR, color correction etc). I also noticed there are no cubemaps at all which make some areas look weird Last but not least, this can't be a Mazy map without lots of pringles ;o How about some pringles crates? (just pick a stock model and modify the texture a bit )

  • Cloverfield

    • Minos
    • February 1, 2008 at 9:14 PM

    Saw the trailer, looks interseting

  • Making of: Abandoned Factory-style Office

    • Minos
    • February 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM

    Let me guess where you are getting inspiration from for this... ubisoft montreal?

  • Tablets?

    • Minos
    • February 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM

    Size doesn't really matter and in fact larger tablets will get you tired rather quickly, besides taking up too much desk space if that's a problem for you. I'd say go for the A5 one, I got a A6 graphire and I love it, although it's super tiny.

  • Mod of the Year Award 2007 - The Winners

    • Minos
    • February 1, 2008 at 3:07 PM

    The voting was closed before zombie panic was released as far as I'm concerned.

  • Mod of the Year Award 2007 - The Winners

    • Minos
    • January 30, 2008 at 3:22 AM

    <3 my INS

  • Dream office

    • Minos
    • January 30, 2008 at 3:10 AM

    My dream office would contain:

    - Free coffee, free soda, free snacks, free candies, free alcohol, free cigarettes, free parties, free sex, free games, free meals

    - Hardwood flooring and a couple of couches

    - A hot secretary that would give us blow jobs in return for salary raises

    - A nicely shaved peris sitting right behind me

    - A stoned steppenwolf on my right

    - A depressive evert on my left

    - A drunk insta right in front of me

    - A bald skjalg washing my underwear

    - A dog (labrador) to play with when I'm bored

    - 42" monitors for everyone

    - Lots of fun work to do!

    ... or just the whole mapcore gang!

  • They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More

    • Minos
    • January 20, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    I personally see pirating as something reasonable when you're in school/college as games are relatively expensive, but once you're out of your teens and have a job it's time to grow up and start paying for your shit, regardless of whether or not it might be a bit crap. Almost all games have demos, including Crysis, so there's no excuse for not getting the demo and seeing how it runs/plays/etc.Anyone who's past their teens and still pirates games needs to grow the fuck up IMO. Try the demos and/or read reviews before buying -- it's not hard, and it's how consumers of most other industries buy stuff. For example if you're buying a kettle and want to know how fast it boils and such, just ask the shop for a demo and read some reviews (online, kitchen magazines, etc) about it.

    I totally agree with Thrik. I don't buy games because I'm lazy or anything, it's just that I can't buy them. I have stressed it several times but games are rather expensive here... won't get into this shit again but I'll use an example instead:

    Playstation 2 games used to cost from 200 to 300 bucks back in 2003. In 2006 they cost between 99 and 200. And now they cost around 49 bucks, which is definitely a good price. But now they are old games with old tech, not appealing at all. And then they wonder why people pirate games... (an xbox 360 game costs around 250 - 300 at the moment, while the console costs 2000). Of course that's brazilian currency, but it's a 2:1 ratio for USD.

    I plan on buying my own games as soon as I get a decent job and if they have good prices.

  • Bionic commando rearmed

    • Minos
    • January 20, 2008 at 9:21 PM

    That looks totally awesome

    /me pets grin~~

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™