1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Where should I go in Germany?

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2008 at 1:03 PM

    If you are stopping by Weimar look for the ruins of the Bauhaus, if there are any

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM

    Thanks Sentura.

    Yeah I actually agree with you about the thin hard edges, I'll get rid of those. It didn't take much, 2 hours and a half on sunday and another half hour yesterday. It's still not finished yet, I wanna finish some stuff first then move on to something else (been thinking of painting something featuring the almighty indiana jones )

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2008 at 5:29 AM

    woot I did some work on this tonight (30 minutes or so)

    [Blocked Image: http://arrozverde.com/gayporn/pinturas/random%20vault_wip4.jpg]

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • April 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    ooh cool start mino =)some tips:

    -theres a big seperation between the brush sizes you use, i see small skratches and big brushes. Try to keep a similar level of detail in your painting and only go more detailed in areas of focus.

    -try creating more depht using fog or different values/colors. Its hard to get a sense of perspective out of this painting because the values are tehsame everywhere

    -try using some hard edged brushes instead of soft edge ones, youll get a better feeling of detail and completeness =)

    Good tips

    Sentura: I disagree that it looks like kokos style D: As for the vertibird rotors, yeah, I agree that they look pretty sloppy.

    Keep it up with the crits guys, I'll only be able to work on this in the next weekend.

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • April 14, 2008 at 4:56 AM

    woot since I'll be doing more concept art I decided to start my own thread (peris is not the only one anymore!)

    This is my first "serious" painting, using my tablet. It's a random vault opening its door, a vertibird and an enclave soldier wannabe ready to open fire against the vault dwellers. Anyone who played Fallout 2 will instantly recognize the scene

    It has a lot of mistakes so I'm ready to take hard criticism, go ahead, spit it out, I can take it

    I consider this very wip, I still have to work on the door, and improve the composition. I thought of adding some tribals spying on the enclave soldiers in the bottom right corner. Ideas are welcome. Some areas are still very rough as well.

    (ps: I'm aware the vault door doesn't look anything like the one in Fallout, I was too lazy and went for a simple looking one)

    [Blocked Image: http://arrozverde.com/gayporn/pinturas/random%20vault_wip3.jpg]

  • go-kart model

    • Minos
    • April 14, 2008 at 1:40 AM

    Very nice zappy. Although you are going for a clean style I think some slight grunge here and there would improve the scene, this is a garage where racers work on their cars afterall. keep it up, you make mapcore proud! This is a game I'm totally buying.

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    My Leg/Hip hurts and my ellbow bleeds a little since a Bus nearly roadkilled me today when I ran beside the (then still standing) Bus and fell below it and pulled my leg just out there the moment the driver started the engine and drove away.

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2008 at 4:19 PM

    Those ghouls look pretty boring and stupid. Ghouls were the coolest NPCs you could find in Fallout 2 and now they are just some kind of generic zombies...

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM

    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3 ... lk=topslot

  • http://skyscraperpage.com/

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2008 at 1:05 PM

    Very nice, I love this subject. Interesting how most of the world's tallest buildings are located in Asia:

    http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?1178316

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • April 8, 2008 at 7:02 PM

    I don't care if they don't use 1024* textures everywhere, as long as the game world is big and varied.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • April 8, 2008 at 1:02 PM

    This is going to look great ingame once you add self illumination maps

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • April 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

    DOGMEAT!!

    Yeah looks totally awesome (appart from the mutants and ghouls of course), everyone who think otherwise should burn in hell

  • Shadows from Alpha textures in Source?

    • Minos
    • April 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM

    What lightmap scale are you using? Looks pretty detailed for the standard one.

  • 3dmax: How to add additional faces onto UV map?

    • Minos
    • April 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM

    There's also a checkbox in editable poly "Preserve UVs". But I'd recommend converting them to edit mesh, since the chances you will get your uvs screwed are a lot smaller.

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • Minos
    • April 5, 2008 at 3:08 AM

    Here you can just say you are homo and they will free you from mandatory service;

  • [TF2] CP_FASTLANE

    • Minos
    • April 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

    Nice 3d skybox

    I'd like to see some fake brand names on walls here and there. Stuff like "mino's carga", "Hurg's autoparts" etc

  • Post your deviant fart page

    • Minos
    • April 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i hate deviantart but put my stuff in it anyway =)Pericolos0.deviantart.com

    You know you love it

    Deviant art is pretty good if you ignore all the anime crap (which accounts for 99,32% of everything posted in the site)

  • Post your deviant fart page

    • Minos
    • April 3, 2008 at 5:36 AM

    So I think it's about time we share our deviant art pages with the rest of mapcore

    I go first http://thiagoklafke.deviantart.com/ (self pimpage ftw!)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • April 3, 2008 at 5:31 AM

    Looks like a nice start but get rid of the graveyard, every HL2 map has one nowadays.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™