1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • First Duke Nukem Forever footage!!!

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2008 at 10:13 PM

    holy crap

    Images

    • inkan40003.webp
      • 138.32 kB
      • 1,000 × 625
  • My new portfolio - thiagoklafke.com (updated 06/12)

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2008 at 7:25 PM

    Thanks for the crits everyone, I'll work on those issues =)

  • My new portfolio - thiagoklafke.com (updated 06/12)

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    It is indeed quite empty, but what you have looks good. Did you not do some an INS level though? Where are the pics from it? Also the pics should of course open in the same way.Your site or at least your resume should also more clearly state if you are going for a position as env artist or level designer.

    The INS level is there, right on your face D:

    As for the lightbox thingy, I thought some minor pieces wouldn't be worth their own page but yeah, you guys are right. I'll use lightbox for all of them.

    By the way, the lightbox script seems a bit bogus, it's spawning two windows. Or is it just me?

  • My new portfolio - thiagoklafke.com (updated 06/12)

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM

    It's finally finished! I still have some recent work to pimp but I'm not allowed to until the game they are for is shipped... so the main gallery is a bit empty by now but I'll have more time during my vacations to create more pieces =)

    ------> http://www.thiagoklafke.com <--------

    Crits/bug reports are more than welcome, hope you guys like it!!

  • New Resident Evil 5 trailer

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2008 at 8:26 PM

    awesome!

  • Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2008 at 7:33 PM
    Quote from Zeta

    His head isn't lined up correctly with that body profile as far as i can tell. /shoppedAlso this is the first thing i thought of:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~jth35/VideoGames/shot-vectorman03.jpg]

    what game is that

  • Unearthly Challenge - Environment Artist competition

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2008 at 4:12 PM

    Waiting for the specs and prizes!

  • Damn Germans are in my holiday resort!

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    Quote

    It also ridicules British cuisine, binge-drinking, fashion and sport, says that "athletically they are not up to much, they can't even take penalties" and points out that Austria and Switzerland - the hosts of this summer's Euro 2008 football championships - will be largely British-free zones this year as no British teams have qualified.

    lol

  • Bionic Commando

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2008 at 6:39 PM

    Awesome I love how colorful it is, compared to the old screenshots. Gogo grin!

  • Happy Bday Thrik!!!

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    Quote from PhilipK

  • IT University Game Development 2008 project videos

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2008 at 4:38 AM

    The trailer for Cubes of Serenity is a total mindfuck, it got me completely dizzy

  • May/June's Low Poly Contest: Robots

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM

    oh lol http://www.game-artist.net/forums/speed ... #post53415

  • Crysis Map ~ Vulcano [WIP]

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM

    Woot looks amazing HP, I love it =)

  • May/June's Low Poly Contest: Robots

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM

    woot you have 28 days to finish a little 256x256 texture ;o

    My robot is pretty wip atm, I hope to post screenshots of it soon! (been really busy lately)

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2008 at 9:57 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    looks cool but i want more color!! Dont desaturate fallout, it was a colorful game . That blue jumpsuit needs to pop out more!bethesda needs to use this as their reference:

    [Blocked Image: http://ui03.gamespot.com/1314/fallout1_2.jpg]

    I use that as my wallpaper and printed on A3 size to hang on my wall =)

    Fallout wasn't very colorful though but Iagree that this washed-out look is really annoying (I'm with thrik on this one, that really annoyed me in UT3)

  • May/June's Low Poly Contest: Robots

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2008 at 4:14 PM

    This thread needs more models!

  • Fallout 3 Concept used in al-Qaeda video

    • Minos
    • June 1, 2008 at 1:13 AM

    haha

  • Idiot steals my work - What to do?

    • Minos
    • May 29, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    Quote

    Hello Minotaur0!First of all, I want to give my appoligize because I didnt credit you. But, there is a explaination. I didnt know you made the orgiginal map. A friend of my called harOs gave me his "textures". He said he made the textures. He dont have contact with him in a while so I cant wip his ass.

    Second, I deleted the map right away from TWHL.

    Third, I build hns_bronx from scratch. I didnt use any rmf file you have published.

    Im was shocked when I saw the specalist version. Im sorry, I will delete the map everywhere.

    goodbye

    That doesn't make any sense. I see many buildings that have the exact same dimesions, same brushwork here and there, even the lighting is pretty much the same. Anyways, at least he was reasonable enough to delete the map from TWHL.

  • Idiot steals my work - What to do?

    • Minos
    • May 28, 2008 at 10:01 PM

    Kleinluka sent me a nice link. I'll email it to the guy: http://www.utsystem.edu/OGC/INTELLECTUA ... /cease.htm

    I'll also ask TWHL and FPSBANANA to remove the links. There's nothing much I can do beyond that buy hey I learned a new lesson today =)

  • Idiot steals my work - What to do?

    • Minos
    • May 28, 2008 at 8:58 PM

    As many of you might remember I released all the source files for my HL maps in 2005. The disclaimer clearly stated that anyone was free to modify/redistribute them as they wish, as long as proper credit was given.

    Well I just found some random dude who modified one of the maps, TS_Shady, and released it as a CS map. It seems to be pretty popular (more than 1k hits on google). Now, what to do? A legal action would be apropriate but that consumes too much time/money, not counting this guy doesn't live in the same country as me.

    Link to the guy's map:

    http://www.twhl.co.za/vault.php?map=5076

    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/49594

    A very disgusting forum post:

    Quote

    yeyeye finally ... many people have waiting on this and after 20 hours of total mapping, hns_bronx is here!I made the original layout, building, streets, ladders, lights, atmosphere. I was on the point to release it, but the game play sUxX. Then s0lid asked me if he could have the map files and he delivered a AWSOME gameplay map! Enjoy

    link: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/for ... .php?88062

    The original map/open source pack:

    http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=2157

    http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1167

    http://lanmaniax.com/maps_old/html/leftover_mappack.htm

    http://www.mataleone.com/php/main.php?p ... dy〈=en

    I'm so pissed off.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™