1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Buying a car 2008

    • Minos
    • July 21, 2008 at 3:57 AM

    You gotta be real rich to purchase one of those here in Brazil

  • How You Got Into The Industry

    • Minos
    • July 21, 2008 at 3:46 AM

    Nice read

    I can only give you one advice: This industry is seeking specialists rather than generalists, that's specially true in big studios. A college degree is very important in my opinion considering that this industry is getting very competitive. But don't fool yourself/waste your money with a generalistic degree. Find out what aspect of game creation you like and choose a course that's going to help you land a job in that area. A design/fine arts degree is the right choice if you want to be a game artist. Go for a Computer Sciences degree If you want to be a programmer and so on. Work on a few good mods in your free time and that should give you enough experience/social networking to help you land that job in a kickass studio in the future, as stepp said. I don't see much point in doing a game design course because they mostly teach you how to use softwares and frankly you can do that reading free tutorials on the internet. Just my two cents.

  • Moving on

    • Minos
    • July 21, 2008 at 3:31 AM

    Good luck Zacker, I'm sure it was the right decision (in the long run).

    I'm thinking exactly the opposite lately: College isn't really challenging me enough anymore, leaving my motivation on the ground. So I've been thinking of putting it on on hold and pursue a games industry job. I can always go back and resume it if I feel like so. Who knows

  • GRIN Co-Founders On The Hard Road For Independent Developers

    • Minos
    • July 19, 2008 at 8:06 PM

    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=19142

    Just saw this article on gamasutra, very interesting and funny read for anyone considering starting their own studio

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 19, 2008 at 3:58 PM

    So Nexus, you been working on this CS maps for 4 years now? Time to move on dude...

  • Terminator 4

    • Minos
    • July 19, 2008 at 3:53 PM

    This is gonna rock

  • Wii's are expensive

    • Minos
    • July 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM

    That's exactly the same reason I gave up on buying a Wii some time ago

  • Duke! The most weird trailer, ever?!

    • Minos
    • July 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM

    haha yeah this is the BEST game trailer ever.

  • Bionic Commando

    • Minos
    • July 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM

    AMAZINE

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2008 at 8:46 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/gayporn/mr_gingras.jpg]

  • Guess whos working on the Wanted movie game

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

    Grats skybex and kleinluka =)

  • Dead Space

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36547.html

    I'm really looking forward to this one, despite it being an EA game.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM

    That's awesome pomperi, I really dig the texture!

  • Wolfenstein

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM

    That brick wall texture they are using everywhere is really really bad :/

    Game looks outdated indeed, just hope the gameplay is fun. No PC version btw?

  • RAGE

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2008 at 5:14 PM

    Awesome!!

  • INS_Abdallah

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM

    Thanks guys.

    I updated the first post with credits!

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM

    That's an awesome trailer, but the lighting looks very dull in most of places!

  • Prince of Persia E3 trailer is live

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM

    I got mixed feelings with this. The environments look gorgeous and epic, I really like the colors and art direction. Everything else however, specially the characters, look a bit "Final Fantasy'ish" and god how I hate those games...

    Anyways, looking forward to it!

  • Where are all the Level Designers?

    • Minos
    • July 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM

    I'm with James: we are hardcore and can never get enough of this. I can see myself working full-time 40 hours a week and then going home to work on mods or personal projects.

  • Fallout 3

    • Minos
    • July 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM

    Awesome. The only thing that annoys me is that skeleton, I don't think it would be in such a good shape after a few hundred years.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™