1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Level design in the Clinton days

    • Minos
    • March 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM

    Have you ever wondered how lara croft looked without the clothes on? Then check this video

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • March 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Quote from Lee3dee

    Starting my new gig at Bioware Austin at the end of the month, go ahead and update me too

    Awesome, congrats

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • March 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/files/2008/11/raging_bull.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/cover/ALIEN.jpg]

    Damn you HP

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • March 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM

    About time, congrats Mojo!

  • World Builder

    • Minos
    • March 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM

    A bit cheesy and on the melodramatic side but nice brushes I guess

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Minos
    • March 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM

    Another update!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration09.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration10.jpg]

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Minos
    • March 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM

    Update!

    I have been playing around with the Unreal Editor and it's one of the most amazing stuff I have ever touched ever. I assembled my scene in the editor and after learning the fundamentals I played a little with the lighting.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration07.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration08.jpg]

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Minos
    • March 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    Quote

    ":1zh13nqq]At least on cryengine, 100cm = 100cm!

    I'm so used to Hammer´s measurement system (128 units = 3 mts) that working on actual cm units would implode my head

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    Quote from Warby

    hrhr that green fake info_player-start i make one of those as well .. always

    lol yeah. Unreal's player height is different so I got rather lost in the beginning.

    I imported the scene into UE3 last night by the way, first experience with the editor and I must say I'm impressed at how professional it is. Been having some troubles with lightmaps and hotkeys but I hope to get them sorted out tonight and finish the blockout asap!

  • Happy Birthday Friechamp!!

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM

    Happy BD man

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    After reading a thousand reviews on which pc monitors who are the best (I needed something affordable and great, after my 1k$ 24" dell monitor got ruined), then Samsung syncmaster received great reviews everywhere. After about 6 months use I gotta say that I think Samsung bought and paid for every single review.

    Benq 24" ftw next time, got one at work and its superb for the price its beeing sold at.

    I have two Samsung T190 here at the office. Image quality is damn good but their weird touch sensible power off button turns the monitor off every now and then... It happens in a daily basis to another 2 people here so I'm not sure if it's a faulty batch, a design problem or just bad luck

    I´m glad the one I got at home has an old fashioned power off button and won´t turn off in the middle of a mapwars playtest

  • dm_sewage: source version

    • Minos
    • March 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM

    Those are all ep1 textures ;o

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Minos
    • March 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM

    Hey guys, decided to participate in the scene from a movie competition at GA.net picking the bar from Fight Club.

    I`ll be doing this by myself because I want to work on all aspects of this scene and because my schedule has been very uneven lately. It's the first time I'll be using the Unreal Engine editor so I'm really looking forward to this one.

    Here's my moodboard:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/moodboard.jpg]

    Spent last night blocking out the main building and will do the surrounding environment today:

    Front:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration01.jpg]

    Back:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sfam/iteration02.jpg]

    Crits are welcome!

  • dm_sewage: source version

    • Minos
    • March 1, 2009 at 9:27 PM

    Nice stuff seeing a mapwars map becoming a proper fleshed out map. The goldsrc version had a very sweet layout, will give this source version a try!

    Editing: Just checked the map ingame, cool stuff! I found a few visual glitches but nothing to worry about. Did you use a func_water_lod? It seems that you also need a shadow_control entity. The indoor lighting also needs some work, it's way too dark. Make the light_spots wider and stronger!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM

    Just got myself a cool 22" lcd monitor, it's not the prettiest but its performance is far better from similarly priced ones

    [Blocked Image: http://www.saoner.it/public/image/2232bw.jpg]

  • Good batch image conversion software?

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

    Irfanview's batch conversion tools are what you are looking for

  • mapwars: discussion

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM

    I'll be there!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    Quote from dux

    mine are better.[Blocked Image: http://www.cloggs.co.uk/content/ebiz/cloggs/invt/215/nr_474_blk.jpg]

    ...haha

    haha...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2009 at 4:45 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/nike-sb-blazer-newsprint-01.jpg]

    I too got new sneakers

  • Nintendo DSi

    • Minos
    • February 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM

    Is that Tengoku Gold or something like that?

    Looking forward to the DSi but I won´t be getting one so soon.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™