1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Mario Live

    • Izuno
    • October 19, 2006 at 5:17 AM

    forgive me if this has been posted before...

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • The day habeas corpus died

    • Izuno
    • October 19, 2006 at 5:12 AM
    Quote from twiz

    Excellent bit by Keith Olbermann

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15147009/

    werd

  • The day habeas corpus died

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2006 at 10:45 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Political discussion has been locked for months.

    Yes I know. My attempt at humor obviously failed.

    If you really think about this, you wonder if eventually people will start getting dragged out of their homes? I really don't believe that. if there is any kind of abuse against U.S. citizens that directly results from this, it will probably be more subtle on the front end but pretty bad on the back end. In other words...suppose the government suspects a person is, for whatever reason, a "bad guy". Rather than drag him out of his home in the middle of the night in a Fascist nightmare, they'd probably get very discretely picked up or questioned for something relatively minor and when no one is looking they are suddenly "transferred" to a delightful prison in some random hellhole somewhere and, well you can imagine the rest.

    Or I could be completely wrong. Eitherway, i'm sure someone here will base a video game story off this.

  • The day habeas corpus died

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2006 at 5:53 PM

    Yes this is scary. Meanwhile, should this be in the political discussion? Where's a political forum moderator when you need him?

  • Game/Level Design books

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2006 at 5:46 PM
    Quote from Polaris

    When did this come out?

    He said in his cart. So I don't think he has it yet.

  • dm_drift

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2006 at 1:19 AM

    nice lighting. looks interesting.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • October 17, 2006 at 8:04 AM

    I suppose I should put my client list up there at some point, but right now it's only publishers so it might be a little while before I get work with specific dev studios.

    But hey, if any of you need some strategic/product consulting work, I can help, particularly for indy devs.

    back on topic...

    It would be nice if we could eventually do an anonymous salaray survey of some kind, similar to the gama sutra annual survey. Very encouraging to see so many people here getting jobs in the industry. Keep it up!

  • Wii Pre Orders

    • Izuno
    • October 14, 2006 at 9:47 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Only gotten about 15 minutes into Okami so far, but I fell asleep twice in that time. Starting a game with a massive cutscene like that with loads of text with no speak (Only some jibberish language ) doesn't really excite me that much. But now I've finally gotten to where it actually starts, so I'm looking quite forward to that

    yeah that game put me to sleep....

  • Wii Pre Orders

    • Izuno
    • October 13, 2006 at 5:43 PM

    Missed the boat on the pre-order, but I'll find a way to get one by Dec that hopefully doesn't require ebay.

  • Psychonauts available on Steam

    • Izuno
    • October 12, 2006 at 7:58 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    Meh, I want a new Monkey Island.

    Funny, I've been doing a massive PC games sales data analysis for one of my clients and have been sifting through just about every PC title since 1994...every time I see "Monkey Island" or "Full Throttle" and such Lucasarts games of old I can't help but to smile.

  • U.S. PS3 Pre Orders

    • Izuno
    • October 11, 2006 at 10:22 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    I'm ready to bet Izuno's only refering to the european launch being delayed, and therefore currently only open to US customers.

    With that said, I still voted, and no I'm not interested.

    You are correct. As the topic stated...interested in the US pre-order. Any Europeans here are totally welcome to comment, as this is not a scientific poll just want to gauge where people are at now that Sony has put 4 million PS3s out for Pre-order. Er wait...it wasn't 4 million was it? :roll:

    So to Mapcore folk who live in the US, if you really did try or consider pre-ordering, please don't be shy even though we all know we're biased against Sony right now. Any dissenting opionion may shed good light on how the market is feeling.

  • U.S. PS3 Pre Orders

    • Izuno
    • October 11, 2006 at 9:25 PM

    Let's hear it from mapcorians in the US about their experience (or probable lack there of) pre-ordering a PS3 at Gamestop/EB.

  • Japan Photos

    • Izuno
    • October 10, 2006 at 9:46 PM

    Awesomo Powah! Let's talk, why not?

    Nice pics. You have a good eye for composition.

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • October 6, 2006 at 7:18 PM

    in related news...interesting article below on the upcoming Zune.

    I have always felt Zune doesn't stand a chance. Prove me wrong, Microsoft. Prove me wrong.

    http://www.michaelrobertson.com/archive ... ute_id=219

    Essentially this guy thinks Zune is destined to fail, mainly because of the DRM issues and the crippling of the WiFi feature which was supposed to be the iPod killing feature.

    Meanwhile, I don't feel the branding campaign for Zune has been very good. Compare to the 360 launch...everyone in gaming was talking about it. Who is talking about the Zune? How much mainstream press or advertising do you see? Yeah i saw some posters for the 11/14/06 launch date, but I think the Wii and PS3 launches alone will drown them out. Sure, Zune is not the same market as PS3 or Wii, but I just don't think it has enough appeal to allow its ads and PR to cut through the clutter this holiday.

    Further, is there ANY incentive for a happy iPod/iTunes user like myself to convert?

  • Game Boy Advance

    • Izuno
    • October 5, 2006 at 11:55 PM

    My favorite game is Donkey Kong Country. DKC 2 is much harder but still fun. Gonna try LEGO SWII for GBA.

    GBA SP > GBA imho.

  • CONGRATULATIONS FERRET!

    • Izuno
    • October 5, 2006 at 12:07 AM

    Congrats, Ferret. Enjoy the upper Midwest! Remember, Activision has a good stock option purchase plan...take advantage!

  • Monitor turning yellow/fading to black...

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2006 at 11:14 PM

    What is your 2006 Capital Plan for CRT Monitor Replacement?

  • Math makes pretty pictures (Mandelbrot Set)

    • Izuno
    • October 2, 2006 at 1:49 AM

    back when i was in highschool in the 20th century I did my sophomore year science fair project was on the Mandelbrot set. back then our computer was old and we wrote our own Mandelbrot software in Turbo Pascal (no really, it was Turbo Pascal) that we found in an issue of Scientific American.

    Our resolution was 480 x 480 and we only had 8 bit color or something, with a N of 244 or 256 (n= iteration limit in Mandelbrot calculations) anyway, a full screen at very close magnification near the set boundary would take 12 to 16 hours to calculate due to the computer's lack of power. The caclulation is an iterative computation on points on the complex plain of numbers.

    The basic theory is that when you perform the iterative calculation on a point in the complex plain, once the iteration result magnitude goes above 2, it will spinn off to infinity. Less than 2, it is impossible to exactly predict how many iterations it will take to go above 2, if at all.

    The actual "set" of the mandelbrot set is the collection of Complex numbers that NEVER yield magnitudes that go above 2 when the iterative calculation is applied to them.

    There are many startling properties of the Mandelbrot Set, but that's for another post perhaps. Anyway, the set is considered the most compelx object in mathematics, possibly including all of nature.

  • LEGO Star Wars II

    • Izuno
    • October 1, 2006 at 9:18 PM

    Been playing on 360...

    I admit the controls for light sabre are not great, but it just takes patience. You can deflect laser bolts back into enemies if you time it right, and with sabres don't just keep slashing away...have patience and wait a second between slashes and you'll kill all enemies with much greater ease.

    Yes camera is mostly fixed, however with right thumbstick on console you can slightly adjust the angle. One other thing about the camera, often when you are running it follows in a cool pseudo shaky cam that is actually not annoying and feels quite cinematic which I liked.

    I'm not into collecting tokens games, but you gotta amdit it makes it more attractive to the young kiddies, so the product really has a lot going for it. Also, some of the puzzles, while not terribly hard, are interesting.

    Finally, I felt the game did have some replay value because you can go back through levels with ability to swap characters on the fly, using their individual abilities to unlock certain areas not accessible in the story mode.

    So overall...if you like Star Wars a lot and don't mind simple gameplay, check it out because I think they did about the most they could do with it...certainly it's better than the first Lego SW game.

  • LEGO Star Wars II

    • Izuno
    • September 30, 2006 at 5:44 PM

    It is awesome in so many ways. Discuss!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™