Didn't know that about Mayak. Scary stuff!
Posts by Izuno
-
-
4/26/1986 (or if you prefer 26/4/1986)
I know many people here were not even born yet, but this event had a profound future effect on the video game industry, and I don't mean just S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The idea of post-apocalypse in art/cinema/gaming wasn't new when Chernobyl happened but when it did, suddenly there was a place on Earth that was an actual real slice of what a post-apocalypse might be like.
[Blocked Image: http://enformable.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Chernobyl-Trip-2015-013.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2007/077/reviews/785116-540331_20070319_001.jpg]
-
Quote from (HP)
41 minutes ago, (HP) said: The Story of Overwatch: The Fall of Titan (Part 1 out of 3)http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-sto…n/2300-6431806/
This was really well done, really impressed.
What HP said.
-
For MP only game I liked it. I agree it had some challenges but I played to level 40-something. I am very interested in what awaits in the SP...
-
Take my ~~~~~ now!!!
-
There is a lot of potential with this move, but also risk. You guys have already pointed out most of that. This is really a question of how much does Amazon want to push this, and how will they listen to feedback about the parts of the whole system that need improvement.
QuoteI'm curious if Crytek is going make any additions to Cryengine in the future that would give them an edge and warrant using their license instead of going with Lumberjack. At this point it looks like they effectively sold their engine business to Amazon.
Yes basically Crytek is effectively out of the engine business, but I haven't see the fine print of the deal here. We have to at least hope Amazon is aware enough that in the game engine business, community support and feature/tools (uh...and asset marketplace) development is an ongoing requirement and if you don't continually improve your engine you will lose out to the competition. In other words, if I'm assuming Amazon is smart enough to have hired on Crytek engine developers or have some direct relationship with them.
This is really phase 1 of a potential major effort in the games engine space, so this could be huge, it could flop. What amazon needs is some killer deal announcement(s) of upcoming major game(s) using Lumberjack.
-
Still playing MGS V. In fact it's sucking all my game time from everything else at the moment. Fallout 4 is collecting dust because of that. Bravo, Konami. This is the first MGS game to keep me playing more than 4 or 5 hours. Bravo. (No offense to Thrik and others who are true MGS fans...I never was, until now.)
-
For those of us who still buy desktops or (more likely) build our own gaming desktop PCs, do you have any opinion on ATX vs. ITX? It's been a while since I built my last gaming specific rig so curious to hear what system builders at the core think.
edit: The real question is from a gaming perspective is there any reason you'd be into ITX (er really Mini ITX)?
My assumption is that if you are building a powerful rig you are basically going ATX. An ITX system might be for a low cost home theater system or something like that, but you're not exactly going to build an ITX based rig to become a progamer and stuff. Eh?
-
Mazy, so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My condolences to you and your family.
-
My body is ready.
-
-
-
Quote from Zyn
when you let a third party company with a history of bad ports do the port of one of the years biggest game releases...
Yes this is a serious strategic error on Warner's part. I don't know how much Rocksteady was the deciding factor or not in that decision, but the bigger question is how much Warner thinks it can sell (at full price) of the PC game through Steam. A huge amount of people on Steam got past Batman games on Steam sales or by other way-less-than-full-price-means so that may have influenced how much support Warner was willing to oversee into the PC port. Sad, cause it leads to them having to pull the game from Steam so quickly.
Anyway...played more last night...liking it more...
-
Warner happily sent me a copy on PS4 (wooohooo they didn't opt for a Steam key. Guess they knew...) Anyway...
I've only played about 20 minutes of the game so far but my first reaction with the Batmobile is totally meh. Maybe I just need to get over the hump on it. Will play more tonight after rest of family goes to sleep...
-
Yes...I am reposting this from the Jobs board but I really need to find someone for later in June (after E3) to help out on a project. See below and sorry for posting this here but I figure it will get more traction.
Thanks
-
Attention UK based game coders / tech director types:
THIS IS IT! This is the short term project you have been waiting for. Let me explain:
My colleagues and I are helping an investment firm perform a tech evaluation of a London area game developer to determine if it should invest. The developer has an impressive engine and experience shipping AAA console/PC games.
We need to know if this engine is everything the developer claims to be. Can it compete with Unreal, Source, Unity, etc. as a potentially license-able engine? What are the strengths / weaknesses of the engine and pipelines?
We need your help assessing the engine and contributing to our written report to the investor.
You will need to meet with us and the investor at the developer to discuss with the dev's management team and see the engine up close.
Timeline: could start as early as the first week after E3!!
This is a paid project, of course! It will pay well.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You have experience as a senior engine coder or game technical director that has shipped at least one AAA console game as a senior coder or tech director. Not only can you write code, but you have supervised coders.
- You have experience in AAA game engines (Unreal / Source / Unity etc.) and know all the asset production pipelines. You can spot weak pipeline management a mile (<sigh>...or kilometer) away
- You live in the UK, else can get to the UK easily enough (we will cover travel but people living in Antarctica may want to pass on this)
- It is okay if you are currently employed in the games industry, we would just have to get NDA clearance with everyone involved. We realize that for competitive reasons not everyone will be a fit because of this.
- If you are a freelancer even better.
PM me if you are interested...or if you have a referral. If you refer someone who ends up successfully completing the job we will provide you with a referral fee.
-
I read the books and I watch the shows. They are different. Get over it. I love them both.
-
-
I'll be there again.....easy for me since i'm relatively local. FYI having been to enough press conferences in person I have to say it is sooooo much better to watch live on the internet. The parking and logitics of these things in Los Angeles is exhausting. And they don't give you free shit anymore.
To the internets!
-
Just came out on Steam (and PS4/XBO).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.Anyone play it?