1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • stalker asset thread resolution

    • Izuno
    • April 18, 2007 at 1:37 AM

    This is still all still speculation until THQ/GSC, Valve or id comment on this (really it needs to be THQ and GSC). I know THQ is looking into it, but they obviously aren't communicating anything until they have something concrete to say. So I don't really consider this matter resolved, imo.

  • What do you consider Digimon...

    • Izuno
    • April 16, 2007 at 7:38 PM

    Ok thanks for the perspective.

  • iPod 5.0/video - Opinions?

    • Izuno
    • April 16, 2007 at 7:36 PM

    I have a 60gig video ipod. I love it. I rip a lot of my DVD collection to it and watch it on planes since I travel a lot for my business. If you are a Mac user for some reason it is really easy to rip your DVDs using Handbrake. If you use iTunes on a PC, try PQ-DVD. Not too expensive and it works really well.

    If you are an uberhaxor I'm sure you can figure it out for free, but I'm to busy to l33thax so I just bought some software. Done. Easy.

  • What do you consider Digimon...

    • Izuno
    • April 14, 2007 at 12:37 AM

    One of my clients is doing analysis of various kids/boys action licenses.

    So the question came up about Digimon. Yes, there are many little Digimon games on PS2, PS1, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, NDS...whatever. And everyone considers Digimon to be a licensed brand.

    On Namco's website for Digimon Worlds DS, here is the legal text for the game:

    Quote

    DIGIMON WORLD® DS © 2006 Akiyoshi Hongo, Toei Animation. ® & © 1997 - 2006 Bandai. DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS, DIGIMON WORLD and all related logos, names and distinctive likenesses thereof are the property of Bandai/Toei Animation. © 2006 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. All rights reserved.

    So obviously Bandai the toy maker owns Digimon and then the merged Namco/Bandai entity publishes the games...

    But what is the source of the Digimon license for the video games?

    - Digimon toys?

    - Digimon TV show?

    - Digimon manga?

    - Digimon cardgame?

    :roll:

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Izuno
    • April 12, 2007 at 7:41 AM

    donate them to a poor developer needing compensation for excessive crunch time.

    zing!

  • Summer is coming - maybe MapCore T-Shirts?

    • Izuno
    • April 11, 2007 at 10:11 PM

    we could do one at Cafepress or wherever...but who will get da money? muahahahahahaha!

  • They Hunger: Lost Souls

    • Izuno
    • April 11, 2007 at 10:10 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    Awwww Neil Manke still thinks he's relevant. That's cute.

    Hmm...is he trying to be relevant? Or does he just like zombies...a lot?

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R uses Doom3 assets

    • Izuno
    • April 11, 2007 at 8:20 AM

    Locked for now. This thread is now lame until an admin un-lames it.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • April 9, 2007 at 6:37 AM
    Quote from IR

    job change for me moved back to Nl starting at geurrilla games on tuesday

    Congrats!

  • Insurgency Media Release

    • Izuno
    • April 4, 2007 at 9:02 PM

    Very nice! I'm looking forward to experiencing some levels close up.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R uses Doom3 assets

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2007 at 8:13 PM

    intesting indeed! I may mention this to my production friends at THQ. 1) This is a problem and I'm kinda glad I'm not officially working on Stalker marketing any more - or - 2) It's actually not what it seems and no one cares :)

  • Kinda true

    • Izuno
    • March 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM

    "Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English."

    qft

  • Help me come up with a fictional city name!

    • Izuno
    • March 23, 2007 at 10:37 PM

    New Dresden (yes, Dresden is a German city that was bombed in WW2)

    Cliff City

    Drift City

    Wicker Falls

    Parker Falls

    Pike Falls

    Pike City

    And in the completely-out-of-my-ass-but-may-be-the-same-as-a-real-city-I-don't-know-about category:

    Dolson

    Grissleton

    Fletcher Park

    Mojingville

    Thrikville

    :roll:

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • March 22, 2007 at 3:20 AM

    Zap...I left the industry for a time. Now I'm doing my own thing because I happen the only person to fill a very specific niche in the strategic side of the business and am waaaaaaay happier.

    Always focus on what you want and if you don't know what you want then your task is to experience enough contrast so that what you want becomes clear.

    ...or something like that...

  • Test your IQ bitchez

    • Izuno
    • March 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/bin/iq.jpg]

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • Izuno
    • March 21, 2007 at 4:54 AM

    haven't gotten to play it...was supposed to be at THQ this friday for some consulting work but got pushed back to April so I'll get my copy then. (they owe me :roll: )

    But from everything I've heard from...all sources...is that the game is still a bit buggy but the base level concept is very solid and they actually pulled off much of the original gameplay. Very happy to see that.

    Once I get my hands on it I will of course have more to say...but if anything at least it didn't turn out to be dog like so many games that take 5+ years to develop.

  • Eidos goes Steam

    • Izuno
    • March 16, 2007 at 9:03 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    1) I don't buy jack shit from Steam2) I find the contracts a lot more interesting because I want to know how much Valve is getting out of this and how much the original publisher is getting out of it.

    Agreed....esp on #2.

  • WTB - A gallery of HUD and UI designs from games

    • Izuno
    • March 16, 2007 at 5:16 AM

    hmmm...that looks like a project you talked to me about a whiles back. Glad to see progress is being made.

    I think before you design a HUD you need to fully understand the user interaction with the environment and have a priority list of functions used most often to least often...then how to group/categorize them based on the game play.

    In a game or simulation where are "high stress" situations where the user gets put in a time critical situation like being attacked or moving/jumping to solve a puzzle, then obviously those controls get assigned to the keys/controller. But like in WoW and RTS games, having access to both the critical tasks via keyboard and mouse is again obviously important.

    Ok so maybe I don't have any original insights here, I guess I support your observations about WoW. I am currently playing WoW because one of my clients is doing a lot of analysis of their current and future MMO products...starting to really like MMOs in general and I have NEVER played one before WoW.

    Anyway...feel free to ping me about your project again, Waldo...would love to talk about.

  • Playstation 3 - Home

    • Izuno
    • March 13, 2007 at 10:26 PM

    I would say that I don't care about backwards compatibility....but between Christmas and New Years I specifically purchased SSX3 for the Xbox so I could play it on my 360 because I only wanted to bring one console. I say this because I already played SSX3 to death on my PS2 but wanted to play a good snowboarding game while on a ski trip.

    So in that case, I am all for backwards compatibility cause it is easier to haul one console than many.

    ....so now I want ONE console that is the size of a cell phone that plays ALL my favorites regardless of where I go or what console they were from or what media they were on...

    Damn you, gaming industry. Damn you.

  • Crysis editor

    • Izuno
    • March 13, 2007 at 5:54 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    Too bad that only the top 1% of computer owners can actually run Crysis.

    I have been owned.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™