1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 10, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    Quote from wacko

    I have no clue where people would ever get the idea that this was or is ever going to happen. Blizzard doesn't do console games anymore

    Yes...my mistake. You are correct, sir. :chap: World of Starcraft sounds like it's gonna be it.

  • WoW Europe players

    • Izuno
    • May 9, 2007 at 5:16 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    not sure how much it is related, but how many of you guys would contemplate playing this when it comes out?http://%7boption%7d

    I'm very interested to see how this develops. Warhammer is nerdily awesome though I don't personally play the tabletop game but I was a Games Worksho gamers day in Baltimore about 4 years ago while working on a Warhammer game at THQ.

    Back onto WOW topic, I have lvl 39 Druid on Mok'Nathal (a US server) and I am actually doing OK in PVP combat but I'm still new to the PvP part of the game.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM

    Well...I would expect they're working on a WOW for 360/PS3 type project.

  • retardedly large UE3 screens

    • Izuno
    • May 8, 2007 at 7:05 PM

    also shows their l337ness

  • WoW Europe players

    • Izuno
    • May 8, 2007 at 7:00 PM

    I play in WoW on a US server...but simply because I have a few clients with big upcoming MMO projects and I decided I better start playing MMOs to understand what the hell I was talking about it.

    WoW is really annoying while it's also "cute" as my fiance would say and interesting when you think about the in game economy of MMOs in general. (Sorry I was an MMO noob until a couple months ago). That said I am getting sort of sick of WoW as it's becoming a grind and I long for more interesting gameplay.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2007 at 6:02 PM

    Good game doesn't always mean good product. And good product doesn't always mean good game.

    WoW is probably the best single "good product" in the industry. As for the game, to each his own.

  • Spiderman 3 poll.

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2007 at 5:54 PM

    I'm not really a fan of the comic (I haven't read it it since i was a kid at summer camp) but yes, I liked the movie. The movie was was incredibly dumb, had marginal acting and just a...I don't know how to describe the story and I felt it went on too long....

    But I liked it.

    Why?

    1) I found it so stupid I laughed at it, and not the "I'm so cool I'm going to constantly laugh at this because I think I'm so much smarter than everyone else I meet" kind of laugh...I really laughed as if they were making fun of stupid comic book movies. I could have missed the point and I'm a dumbass. Oh well. Any time I come out of "light fare" where I laugh a lot is a good thing.

    2) Some of the visuals were fun to look at so I focused on appreciating that.

    3) Then there were actually some funny moments that I think were intended to be funny.

    4) Took my dad to see it, and he appreciated how absurd it was too so we laughed together at it.

    I'm not saying it was a laughable disaster, I'm saying that I think they intended it to be stupid comic book story. Recall how Sandman got his powers in the movie? (Don't know if that's the same as in the comic book) But how friggin stupid yet cool-stupid at the same time was that?

    I digress. I paid $10.75 a ticket so I'm glad I at least had fun even if it was just sooooo stupid of a movie.

  • NIN Year Zero

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2007 at 8:03 PM
    Quote from ifO

    NiN are just unconvincing, mediocre rock. They're not even emo because that might require they come up with a catchy hook rather some bollocks rock chorus over some generic rock riff, which would be waaay to adventurous for them. There's nothing clever about them, their melodies suck, there's no depth. They're shite. Why do people still listen to this middle-of-the-road, 90s-esque rock?

    /rant.

    I think NIN is awesome and getting awesomer.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2007 at 8:00 PM
    Quote from ifO

    6 million people disagree

    If by 6 million you meant 11.5 million to date...then yeah.

    I would love to see a new Starcraft RTS rather than Starcraft MMO.

  • "Fracture" - Real time terrain deformation, here w

    • Izuno
    • May 3, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    Fun trailer to watch. Not suprised that someone is exploring this kind of gameplay. I really like the big rolling bolder weapon thingy that goes "Raider of the Lost Ark" on y'all...erm...yo. And the big molten rock spires shooting up from the ground is straight out of the underappreciated Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. If they can come up with a whole game's worth of cool things to do with this that doesn't get too repetitive..I'm all for it. I'd really like to see what the modding community could do with this.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2007 at 10:36 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Ahhh, so IW have probably been working on this for a long time then..

    Pretty much since CoD2 finished in a formal sense, though I would guess a lot the IW staff have been wanting to show what they can do outside of WW2 and at an M ersb since CoD1 era.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2007 at 6:25 PM

    I would hope this is on both console and PC.

    Meanwhile, notice that this game might actually be rated M given the launch site has an age gate that requires you to be 17 (yes i tested it). It's still RP but this could be where IW always wanted to go in ESRB rating.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • Izuno
    • April 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM

    1) Some of it felt "pre-rendered" some of it felt like in-engine. Graphics experts here please help clarify. Either way, it was an entertaining trailer as FrieChamp said.

    2) I actually care more about the animation/physics than I do the texture quality and other related graphics. When I see characters move in ways that feel realistic it adds way more to the game than the quality of the ground or building textures, for example. That's why back in 1998 HL's skeletal animation system was so nice compared to the sprites in Doom and Dark Forces. (though Quake etc had 3D models blah blah...) They were a few cool moves like the one soldier kicking out the leg of the other...if that were a move in the game it could be pretty cool so looking forward to seeing that.

    3) Will it have a story...? Not all shooter games need dramatic writing or a coherent story. I'm less concerned about that. CoD 1/2 had weak stories but they didn't need strong ones because the backdrop of WW2 was enough glue. Plus BIA owns the "story" based WW2 gamestyle. But for CoD4 I'm guessing there will be some theme at least that draws the levels together, however it's possible IW took a different approach to the story than they did with CoD 1/2 because of the lack of WW2 glue. All we can do is speculate.

    4) Yes, Activision and IW is milking their brand. Just like Unreal was milked, Doom was milked, BiA was milked, Battlefield was milked.... why are we complaining about this? IW gets the credit for creating their original CoD (...and MoH) game so now the get to enjoy the success of it. We're not seriously going to give them crap for that are we? And now they are stepping way outside WW2 in theme at least. I give them props for efforts.

    5) If you are still reading...I can clearly see the influence of the CoD series in this trailer...intense cinematic war action and such. ....uh...I want more info on the game.

  • Best Terminator film?

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2007 at 10:52 PM

    T2 was awesome, but the first time you see T1 the whole thing just blows you away.

    I was expecting the worst with T3, so it actually exceeded my expectations when i saw it...

  • NIN Year Zero

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2007 at 1:21 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    /me hijacks thread..new lifehouse single is out!!! First Time!

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=szP8r33_4jA

    get out of here asshat!

    With Teeth owns, but I still like Year Zero. It's a little more overtly political which I think is good for NIN actually.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2007 at 1:18 AM

    Don't blame Activision for trying to make money by wanting more CoD branded product. There is something to be said for the value of a brand in gaming now. That said, I agree there has been brand confusion with CoD2: Big Red One.

    The bottom line is that "Call of Duty" is a brand and it until CoD4 it has stood for intense, actionmovie style WW2 combat which isn't a bad thing at all.

    Are they a slave to "greedy" Activision? Yeah, maybe...but they have some sweet new offices and have kickass LAN gaming during office hours. I think maybe the IW guys know what they're doing.

  • NIN Year Zero

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2007 at 9:18 PM

    that's what i thought at first. i gave it some time and it's really grown on me.

  • NIN Year Zero

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2007 at 8:40 PM

    After giving a few listens I've decided it's awesome. His best work? eh...dunno. Maybe some of it. Certainly is awesome and parts of it remind me of Broken and Downward Spiral.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announced

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2007 at 8:34 PM

    I loved CoD1 and yes, CoD2 (on 360 and PC).

    Couldn't get into CoD3...the most intense WW2 cinematic shooter experience ever! :roll: CoD3 was simply just too much chaos for this old dog to really enjoy. Still a good product, but not my favorite WW2 shooter by long shot.

    I can imagine what CoD4 is, but until the product gets formally announced my speculation is that (1) it will get a mixed reaction here and probably nitpicked in a negative way (2) it will actually be a LOT of fun to play once you get your hands on it (3) it will sell like hotcakes

  • C&C3 on the 360

    • Izuno
    • April 23, 2007 at 9:03 PM

    As much as I applaud EA (yes I am applauding EA) for getting some fans of RTS on console with the BFME, I still prefer it on PC. I've can play BFME on 360 a little, but I'm finding the transition from M/K to controller to actually be more annoying than for shooters back when I first played Halo.

    But if people like it on 360, I really hope it does well as it would be nice to open RTS games up to a broader audience (cause RTSessess are awesome)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™