1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Multiplayer in Action-RPGs, what works?

    • Izuno
    • June 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM

    Yes I am hoping my client is working on a good one. It's going to be a good balance between RPG and Action. RPG not as deep as KOTOR or Elder Scrolls IV, and action not as exciting intense as a God of War (which is an action game and not an RPG). They need to make decisions about how much depth the SP game should have given they will have to sacrafice some for more MP depth.

    Since the only multiplayer RPG I've ever really been into sadly is WoW, I have some more specific questions about DSII in MP because I don't have time to play and the reviews get this specific:

    1) Are player characters persistent in MP? i.e., if my buddy and I go online and play, does our progress in the quests and story get saved if I go back into MP later? What about loot and characters?

    Wait that's all on DSII.

    I'd love to hear more about Dark Messiah and Titan Quest MP...what worked and what didn't from anyone who's played it. STALKER is not really in the consideration set since it's a shooter with some RPG elements. Still a kick ass game...

    Thanks for all the insight...keep it coming!

  • Multiplayer in Action-RPGs, what works?

    • Izuno
    • June 19, 2007 at 4:50 AM

    One of my clients is doing analysis of Multiplayer Action-RPGs. Basically, they are interested in knowing which games do it well and which ones don't, and what specifically about the MP in these games are the factors. They are considering both PC and Console games but probably not going back as far as Diablo. Further, they aren't really looking at Japanese MP-RPG games.

    Games they are looking include:

    Marvel Ultimate Alliance (console/PC)

    Xmen Legends (console/PC)

    Titan Quest (PC)

    Untold Legends (PS3)

    Baldur's Gate

    Yep, they are mostly looking at fantasy and comic book style settings.

    1. What other games would you put this list for Action-RPG games that have MP, either co-op, online, completitive or non-online same screen etc.?

    2. What works about the MP in these games? What doesn't work?

    Bust out your soap boxes and rant away!

  • Now playing

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2007 at 10:30 PM

    Yes, one of my clients wants me to play their non-WOW MMO game. Sure, I love getting paid to consult on games where they even pay me to play the game... but sheesh! How much MMOness can I absorb at once? :roll:

    Meanwhile, I played some PotC:AWE on 360. What a piece of shit. Sorry Disney but you guys took a great concept (Pirates in videogames) and fucked it all up with horrid gameplay. You can do better!!! Do better!!! Why won't you do better!

    Finally started playing some Wii sports. Even my fiance's mom thinks the Wii is cool.

    Still playing WOW (lvl 46 druid on Mok'Nathal) cause all my clients expect me to know WOW inside and out. I love boring grinding cause it's funzors!

  • Teen Scares Off Burglar With Samurai Sword

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM

    Hmm...sounds like the kid didn't panic. Good for him. For all he knew these assholes could have been there to rape his sister and murder them, so at least one of them got stabbed and arrested. Hope they catch the other guy.

  • Lego Model Maker

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2007 at 12:04 AM

    guy has best job ever.

  • Sony upsets The Church of England

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2007 at 4:30 PM

    Remember Ghostbusters when the Stay Puff Marshmellow man steps on the church? Bill Murray's character defends the church by yelling" "Noooobody steps on a church in my town!"

    It's not really related, but maybe Sony can use that as an arguement.

    :roll:

  • paris hilton is no more in prison...

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2007 at 6:58 PM

    Paris Hilton gets her power from the fact that people en masse (in US anyway) can't seem to ignore her. If we all ignored her she'd just go away.

    So I choose to ignore her by not reading any of the links, changing the channel when she's on TV and passing over articles in the crappy LA Times when we read the paper at the breakfast table.

    It's like that Simpsons Halloween episode "Attack of the 50 foot eyesores". Lisa goes to the ad agency who created the ads that came to life as giant monsters and the ad exec says "If you just ignore the advertising it will go away."

    "Just don't look...just don't look..."

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2007 at 7:16 AM

    3 hurgs for Kleineh!

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • Izuno
    • May 25, 2007 at 7:04 PM

    Congrats. Very happy for you since it's clear it was time to move on from the Ubi job. Keep us all posted on the move.

  • Ubidays 2007

    • Izuno
    • May 24, 2007 at 6:19 PM
    Quote from NykO18

    It's no more.

    Well the E3 as we knew it is no more. Now E3 is pretty much a press / retailer / bank analyst only show with very little hooplah. Instead of being at the L.A. Convention Center with 70,000 attendees with mutlimillion dollar booths and all kind of crazy distractions, it's now strung across several hotels in the Santa Monca area (just west of L.A. city limit on the beach) and will be much quieter, cheeper, boringer... Tho still expect a fair amount of media come July when it's held.

    I went to 6 or 7 straight E3's...I am going to miss it, yet last couple years was so nutty that I'm kind of glad to get a breather before the next crazy show takes it's place. Cause it was still cool and especially to meet up with mapcorians over the years.

    Kudos to Ubi for pimpin their stuff in their own show. I'm most interested in Assassin's Creed.

  • Use of CZ content in Half-Life modifications

    • Izuno
    • May 22, 2007 at 8:32 PM
    Quote from JamesL

    making money out of the assets makes it into a completely different matter of course.

    That's really the key distinction. If you are reselling work it becomes a legal question. I think for non-commercial mods I don't see the problem.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 21, 2007 at 7:21 AM

    ok be nice. stop crapping on other posters and just talk about the game....though we'll see how much life this thread has left in it.

  • Vanguard/Sigil Interview

    • Izuno
    • May 20, 2007 at 6:57 AM

    Yes sad story alll around. The worse thing is that stories with this level of absurdity are all to common in the gaming industry.

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 17, 2007 at 7:32 PM

    I know the content is all Valve's, but I meant who built the frame? ...which you researched and posted a link to so thanks. And if you read that, it's

    Quote

    Registrant:

    Site Manager

    3001 Communications

    Plano, Texas 75093

    United States

    So someone in Plano. Anyone from Plano around here who might know who 3001 Communications is? Seems like it's an apartment or townhouse complex.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... gle+Search

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Izuno
    • May 17, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    http://%7boption%7detc.

    LOL

    um....just curious but since i'm too lazy to look it up, who owns or built or put up that website? i'm guessing it wasn't valve :roll:

  • hl2 map scale

    • Izuno
    • May 16, 2007 at 11:02 PM

    Also I think the fact that Source engine brushwork cuts up each other when touching has been fairly well mitigated with displament maps should kind of make this problem moot but obviously depends on what you are trying to do. I think this may be better for the Engine forum so gonna move it.

  • Requesting Europeans!

    • Izuno
    • May 16, 2007 at 9:00 PM

    It's on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/findmadeline

  • Europe's top 50 game studios - list by Next

    • Izuno
    • May 15, 2007 at 6:56 PM

    Very impressive list of stuff coming out of Europe, for certain. I'm happy to see Traveller's Tales near the top after playing through LEGO SW II.

    And, is it just me, or does Harry Patter and the Order of the Pheonix seem like a more interesting game to people over 14 yrs old than past Harry Potter games? Somehow I'm actually excited about that and I'm not even a big Harry Potter fan. Strange.

  • Halo 2 for PC - PC Gamer review

    • Izuno
    • May 15, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    It would have sold better if MS didn't make it Vista only. I still can't understand the rationale behind that move.

    It was because people in suits (er...khakis and polos perhaps) think "killer app" and hope every gamer who's heard of Halo will rush out to buy Vista just to play Halo2 on PC. Obviously Vista has it's own problems but that's for another thread.

    Just to throw some numbers which you may or may not find useful:

    (US market estimate only, does not include worldwide estimate)

    (click image for larger version you can actually read)

    [Blocked Image: http://images7.pictiger.com/thumbs/4c/1acac8326f17cfc7059963d64a1c824c.th.jpg]

    Since the first Halo, the PC genre has evolved in technology and gameplay considerably. Halo2 is not hugely different from the first Halo, so by today's standards Halo2 on PC is not going to be as much fun as it would have been had it been released back in 2001...er when original Halo :roll: you get my drift...

    That said, I got bored of Halo2 much faster than I did of Halo (i finshed Halo but not Halo2).

    I didn't enjoy the Xbox version of Halo2 as much as I enjoyed Halo on Xbox keeping them in context for their release periods. Let's pretend someone re-released 1993's original Doom on Vista...the score would probably depend more the reviewer's personal bias/memory of Doom and how much he/she wanted the world to play and appreciate the new release. I mean, Doom has no physics, friggin sprites, really no puzzles other than key/door finding, shitty pixelated graphics, midi soundtrack, repetively repetitive shooting of the same enemies over and over and over... but I bet if Doom were released with viable Mouse/KB controls and not pure KB only or some bastardized Mouse/KB combo, I gaurentee a lot of reviewers would declare "OMG it holds up after 14 years and is beyond awesomely awesome retro fun."

    Hmm...I'm in the mood for some original Doom on PC....mmmm....

  • TF2

    • Izuno
    • May 14, 2007 at 6:37 AM

    rocket jumping forever! something about the gameplay in TFC, CS and DoD pre-source just makes me smile with memories...such as the old rocket jumping and so many other awesome awesomonities.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™