1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • New Image Resizing

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM

    now that is some cool stuff.

  • Time to move on..

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2007 at 9:05 PM

    Good luck. And just because you are studying doesn't mean you can't participate in the industry. You're experience would be valuable to many a mod team, else you can find internships in gaming space to help you further explore what you eventually want to do.

    :)

  • Unreal Tournament 3

    • Izuno
    • August 29, 2007 at 11:45 PM

    Could slow mo jelly cubes be the next bullet time? :)

  • Source Engine Powered Zeno Clash Announced

    • Izuno
    • August 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM

    A for effort I guess...I mean they are obviously creative thinkers, but I'm not sold on the concept yet. Maybe it's just the elephant headed man in that screen above that's throwing me off. I'm a boring fantasy setting guy: give me orcs and elves and such, by garr!

  • AVP2 trailer

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2007 at 7:48 PM

    Notice how there is a woman with dark hair in a tanktop in the trailer who somewhat kinda sorta reminds you of Sigourney Weaver's Ripley character in the original Alien(s)(3)(rez) movies?

  • Quick question about casual games on PC...what?

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2007 at 6:19 AM

    So a client is asking about mini-game titles in the spirit of Wario Ware, Mario Party, perhaps even Fuzion Frenzy, which is great, there's a market for such stuff. Super. The thng is they have a developer with an almost finished prodouct ready for DS, Wii, 360...and yeah they want to do a PC version, too since it would be really cheap for them to port it.

    So can anyone think of mini-game compilation games that had at least marginal success on PC? Even if they were PC ports of console or handheld titles, that's fine.

    Just curious if anyone can recall any. Thx

  • Piermont aka "hessi goes italy"

    • Izuno
    • August 27, 2007 at 8:03 PM

    3rd pic looks like the real buildings from DoD_Avalanche if you recall.

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2007 at 8:11 PM

    played it today on 360. So far I like it but haven't played enough of it yet. I would actually like to try the PC version...

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2007 at 12:25 AM

    i got a copy in the mail today...hope to play it this week.

  • Paramount and Dreamworks drop Blu-ray in favor of HD DVD

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2007 at 6:01 PM

    Thrik ftw

  • I am going to meet Insta!!!!

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2007 at 5:56 PM

    ugh....

    anyway...have fun on the DoD reunion tour.

  • The new version of paint

    • Izuno
    • August 19, 2007 at 10:17 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    I was like "why do they use macs?!"

    that was my first question...

  • Value-Games

    • Izuno
    • August 17, 2007 at 5:46 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    sounds like the kind of game fags would play

    Funny you say that, because part of the idea of "value games" is somehow to offer gamers new perspecties on how to view other people as people, rather than as objects or as somehow less worthy or as mere cannon fodder. It's not that we can't have shooter games and violent games etc, it's just an idea that asks what if there were a way to use gaming to help people learn how to relate others as people and not objects.

    So in this context, it is easy to interpret your comment as if you are objectifying (1) the thread starter (2) homosexuals (3) anyone who would consider playing a "value game". Was that your intention? To me you sound like you may not have considered that notion which I can understand cause most of the time we don't.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • August 16, 2007 at 4:41 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    Welcome badmofo and CompoSITe! Those names bring memories of good old times:)

    Definitely. You guys still doing Friday Benihana lunches? Though I suppose these days you are busting hard on finishing cod4!

  • Borderlands

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2007 at 10:09 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    I know this seems like an ironic thread to throw down the ban stick... but I've had enough of this dude.

    Hope no one minds He's gone for good.

    Awww shucks.

  • Borderlands

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2007 at 7:50 PM

    Many developers work on multiple titles at one time, though usually not all the titles are in the same stages of development. GB is also working on BiA: Hell's Highway which I assume is further along than Aliens or this one. Helps keep people busy and balanced with right amount of work across a studio as titles ramp up and down.

    So we got this one, Aliens and BiA3.....

    Anyway "Diablo meets Mad Max" sounds awesome compared to most game pitches I evaluate which usually go something like: "Halo meets WoW meets Super Mario...it's going to be the best game ever!" :roll:

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2007 at 4:19 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    what kind of video game consultant thinks gordon freeman uses a wrench

    you're cruisin for a bruisin

    FMPONE: Please keep the jokes like the one I edited out of your earlier post in this thread out of mapcore. I don't care if you are "kidding". You know what I'm talking about...

    Rick_D: I obviously know Gordon uses a crowbar. Getting the wrench is similar in concept to getting a crowbar as a first weapon and that's all I meant.

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2007 at 8:11 AM

    demo defintely shows some influences (whether intentional or not) from a lot of obvious places, not that it's unoriginal, but rather it defintely shows these guys are gamers and movie fans and the put their whole heart into it and give some homage to other works. Most obvious things it reminded me of was Half Life (somewhat of a train ride in, a wrench for first weapon...) and of course Star Trek IV with the whale song and similar sound effects I thought I heard. And then there is the little "girl" monster...

    This level was a very "indoor" episode but still fun. I liked the basic gameplay of main weapon witih right trigger and plasmid with left trigger...got used to the controls quickly. I'd like to play more of it and hope there are some cool puzzles in this environment. Very interesting atmosphere.

    ok off to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • The "piss-screen"

    • Izuno
    • August 13, 2007 at 4:51 AM

    best. urinal. ever.

  • Xbox 360 price drops announced...

    • Izuno
    • August 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    wasn't microsoft going to release a blu-ray player aswell for xbox 360?

    I heard that too at one point but i forget the latest on that front.

    Meanwhile there is the obvious reaction from analysts about what Sony's response will be. The main point I took away in the article below is that if Sony doesn't drop the price of the PS3 for holiday 2007, then the only available PS3 will probably be the 80G model that retails for $599. Hope they have some killer content by then... :roll:

    http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17059

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™