1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • POTUS 2016

    • Izuno
    • November 9, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    Quote from dux

    1 hour ago, dux said: Is everyone here too new to remember the Mapcore Politics Forum?

    Thems was the days by garr!

  • Red Dead Redemption 2

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2016 at 5:04 PM

    You may feel otherwise and that's fine but tentatively this:

    [Blocked Image: http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/79/79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg]

    ...tentatively because this is simply based on how much I liked the first game. Trailer drops Thursday so all we have is an announcement and a poster so maybe I'm jumping the gun. I hope not!

  • Metal Gear Survive

    • Izuno
    • September 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM

    I dunno...I tried and disliked every MGS game until MGS V which is now one of my favorite games of this generation. I still play it a little each week on PS4.

    MG Survive...I am cautiously optimistic...probably because I like MGSV so much.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    3 hours ago, Buddy said:

    Haha, which model year was the S40?

    2005. No blue tooth. No USB. No NAV.

    But them seats...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2016 at 10:12 PM
    Quote from will2k

    11 hours ago, will2k said: congrats man :)

    Bimmer owner and fan myself :D

    I see you got the stick version! fan of manual gearbox or overall cost issue? don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of manual gearbox, just curious to see why you went with this choice

    Thanks. Had my prior car, Volvo S40 T5 6speed, for 11 years so I was due.

    I have driven manual all my life. No cost difference for manual vs. basic auto in all 3 series (no, didn't get the M3 sadly.)

    Thing about manual transmission in California is that there is very little inventory. I had to custom order mine...oddly I got a better deal on that vs. any manual 3-series I could find in my region that weren't quite right anyway.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2016 at 8:20 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://cache.bmwusa.com/cosy.arox?pov=frontside&brand=WBBM&vehicle=163O&client=byo&paint=P0B39&fabric=FKCL3&sa=S02A6,S0302,S03AG,S03DZ,S0403,S0415,S0417,S0465,S0508,S0521,S05A1,S06WA,S0775,S07AC&date=20160629&bkgnd=grayroom]

    [Blocked Image: http://cache.bmwusa.com/cosy.arox?pov=dashboard&brand=WBBM&vehicle=163O&client=byo&paint=P0B39&fabric=FLCL3&sa=S0255,S0302,S03AG,S0415,S0417,S0423,S0430,S0431,S0481,S0493,S04GA,S0521,S0534,S0544,S0563,S0609,S0676,S06AC,S06AK,S06NH,S06WA,S0775,S07AC&date=20160629]

  • EU Referendum

    • Izuno
    • June 27, 2016 at 7:11 AM
    Quote from Bastion

    9 hours ago, Bastion said:

    That is fucking was.

    Reads like Game of Thrones.

  • EU Referendum

    • Izuno
    • June 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    On 6/24/2016 at 9:27 AM, Izuno said: Your move, Texas.

  • EU Referendum

    • Izuno
    • June 24, 2016 at 5:27 PM

    Your move, Texas.

  • Anton Yelchin dies in freak accident

    • Izuno
    • June 24, 2016 at 5:17 AM

    Yeah saw that in news. Fucked up!!! Terribly sad.

  • Xbox One

    • Izuno
    • June 22, 2016 at 5:42 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    2 hours ago, blackdog said: Oh the buying rumours again… if anyone will, they will end up paying more than it's worth, imo.

    I don't think there has been any active talk of a particular company interested in buying Xbox as of yet. Rather, I think there is active analysis going on of "how would Xbox be valued and how could a deal get structured IF Microsoft sold it" but I also agree there is a big risk of it getting overvalued.

  • Xbox One

    • Izuno
    • June 21, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    Quote from (HP)

    22 minutes ago, (HP) said: I'm sure this said company have their own plans for a gaming division / home console tho, and knowing how much of control freaks they are, buying a company and completely changing it's structure would probably be more work than starting from the ground up.

    Yes that reasoning is very sound and I think the odds of said company buying it are very low but I'm very certain there are people attempting to analyze how that might work, even if just for comparative reasons and without serious intent to champion such an initiative. What this leaves us with is, assuming option 4 is chosen, who is the buyer? If not our said company, then someone from Silicon Valley? 10^100...I just don't see it. iFruit in theory could but...I just laugh when I think about that. Either of those companies could but...just I don't see it for a wide range of reasons for both but of course at E3 some people were suggesting either. Think about it yourself and try not to laugh.

    Then think about offshore companies. There are some big ones that certainly could but again, try no to laugh when you think about it.

  • Xbox One

    • Izuno
    • June 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    On 6/13/2016 at 8:27 PM, blackdog said: So I haven't seen any announcement about the rumoured PS4.5… did MS come out on top announcing Scorpio, their 4K console, first? A über powered xbone coming holiday 2017.

    The One S looks sick in design, just who wants to invest in their system now that a new console is on the horizon??

    Here's my theory: Xbox is in play.

    In other words, I theorize there are 4 realistic scenarios being assessed internally at MSFT right now:

    1) Stay the course. Try to make Xbox division more profitable, work better with rest of Microsoft, same as usual, etc.

    2) Shut Xbox down. Doubt this will happen.

    3) Spin it off into a public company. Xbox is large enough but I don't know who has the appetite to underwrite it.

    4) Find a buyer and get a (hopefully) cash or mostly cash offer for it. There is another large publicly traded, tech/consumer company headquartered in the Seattle area with balance sheet to buy it...but I forgot the name of it and it's possible said company wants to compete against Xbox and has no interest. But this is all speculation.

  • Battlefield 1

    • Izuno
    • June 16, 2016 at 6:51 AM

    Played a round at the MSFT booth today on Xbox One (shockingly not the PS4 version. ) Only got 10 or 15 minutes of play but...

    1) Didn't notice any bugs.

    2) I love the WW I setting. Game had great atmosphere, sound, look/feel. I loved getting away from high tech super soldiers and back to gritty, brutal old school early 20th century war action. Thumbs up!

    3) No surprise that it definitely plays like a BF game as you would expect. The tanks were cool, I crashed a plane, got killed by a hatchet that some other guy was pissed he could not counter and had a K:D of 8:12. Woohoo!

    Got that feeling like when I played BF 1942 ~ 14 years ago!!

  • WiiU

    • Izuno
    • June 16, 2016 at 6:37 AM

    I am hoping to get a demo of Zelda tomorrow. It will be on WiiU but from watching others play it at the Nintendo booth today I have to say I am definitely interested to try it for myself. The demo lines for the masses were probably the longest of any game at the show.

  • Announcing my new game - Solus - Survival/Exploration - Unreal Engine 4

    • Izuno
    • June 8, 2016 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from Sprony

    1 hour ago, Sprony said: EA is your release. I haven't seen a single game that managed to overcome this issue. That's why it's important to go all out in your first build. That's something that Darkest Dungeon excelled in, but even that game's official release was overshadowed by the EA launch. It seems as though you only have one window to make an impact, use it wisely.

    The majority don't seem to care about the little ones and audiences are highly unpredictable. I can't use official numbers (confidential) but let me give you an example. I wrote about Bethesda probably announcing Wolfenstein: TNO 2, Prey 2, The Evil Within 2 and Dishonored 2 (already announced). All sequels too established brands that were well received and exceeded commercial expectations. Little to no audience response. I write about Fifa 17 switching to the Frostbite engine and it blows up.

    The above is our region (Benelux), if you look at our sister site (UK) you can clearly see the change in demographic. The Bethesda rumor blows up and Fifa/Frostbite only gets a quarter of that traction. Like I said, it's unpredictable and complicated. COD, The Division, Destiny, Battlefield and GTA are all guarantees traffic magnets though, the rest don't even come close.

    In regard to your review comment, no, it doesn't work that way. Review copies/keys are (usually) send before release. The review can then go up on release or a few days after. This is vital for every publication. The sooner you get it up, the more traffic it gets. That's why you sometimes see reviews based on beta builds and what not. It's all about the clicks. If you wait too long, people have read a review somewhere else and they are not going to bother, because they've already made up their mind.

    Timing is everything. Let's take Solus as an example. You are releasing the full version a couple of days before the biggest gaming event in the world. It's impossible for the press to report on everything that's going on. The big titles are fighting for coverage and the little ones are praying to be noticed. Releasing the full game now, especially a game that's been in EA already, will get little to no coverage. Just to make sure I know what I'm talking about, I've checked the following sites: IGN, Gamespot, Polygon, Eurogamer.net, Destructoid and even Kotaku. Sadly, not a single word on the full release of your game.

    I wish you all the sales in the world man, I really do. But if it hasn't happened yet, I don't think it will. Your best bet would probably be a good deal during the Steam sale.

    Display More

    So much this. EA is your release. I have been telling clients this for years now. And not everyone believes this on the indie side. Once again:

    EA is your release. Burn that into your brain.

  • E3 2016

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2016 at 9:50 PM

    Yeah....I'll be there. Again. Probably trying to figure out where Activision's booth is...

    ...oh. Right.

    Meanwhile let me know if you will be there and want to meet up.

  • Uncharted 4

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2016 at 9:45 PM

    Due to work/kids/travel i'm still only on the first 1/3 of the campaign... but HOLY JEBUS.


    Overwatch and Doom are just sittin' there on my desk collecting dust. So sad.

  • Overwatch

    • Izuno
    • May 27, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    Quote from CompoSITe

    56 minutes ago, CompoSITe said: Great job to all that worked on this! I am loving the level's art styles and layout choices!

    Hey man glad to see you are still lurking between cranking out levels. Art style and levels are definitely cool from the little I've been able to play so far but the character nuances are definely interesting. Very well thought out game. Too bad for Battleborn coming out right before...kinda like that game too.

  • Battlefield 1

    • Izuno
    • May 8, 2016 at 5:51 AM

    This is my new favorite thread. I want to believe in this game. Hope I can get hands on at E3...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™