1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Nintendo Switch

    • Izuno
    • January 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM

    So far Switch is exceeding my expectations. I am not a Zelda fan but BoTW is great but I'm getting distracted by Super Mario Odyssey which is now my favorite Switch game. Other small things:

    - It works great as a portable though it does not fit into my pocket. It's a great rode trip/travel console. On an airplane it is the shit. Sorry, PS VIta, you could have been so awesome but it just didn't work out that way.

    - I got a free copy Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2...never would have bought it but damn it was way funnier than I expected. Not entirely the same LEGO formula.

    - pro controller is the way to go...not entirely required to enjoy the console but it definitely is a plus.

  • Looking for a game development team.

    • Izuno
    • December 31, 2017 at 10:18 PM

    If you read Puddy's comment only once, read it again. Rinse/repeat.

  • Star Wars

    • Izuno
    • December 18, 2017 at 5:32 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    19 hours ago, FrieChamp said: http://# Hide contents Well, I guess he could have another appearance as a „dead“ Jedi who drops by to say hi - like Yoda - but technically Luke is not amongst the living anymore. At least that‘s how I interpret his body disappearing into thin air (like old Obiwan).

    Spoiler yeah i know. I'm just saying we may see him in ep IX, but then ep VIII didn't go as we expected, which is basically what Luke said.

    Meanwhile, regarding my 10/10...

    Spoiler I went into this movie pretty much cynical about Star Wars after the prequels and then how ep VII still took a big page out of Lucas' infamous forced "rhyming" of the prequels with the original trilogy. Ep VII basically had a new death star, saw an old man/mentor to the up-and-comer character by the main baddie with a lightsaber, a new emperor type person, a new empire-like evil organization, on and on and on. That said, ep VII had good new characters, actual good acting (imho) and was not overdone on the CGI the way ep 1 to 3 were, etc. So Ep VII somewhat disappointed and somewhat pleased me.

    So with Ep VIII, and not knowing anything about the writer / director, I was not expecting that much. With my low expectations I felt the plot twists and "tear it all down" idea very refreshing...thus VIII significantly exceed my expectations on quality and entertainment value, even if the sequence on the planet with the casino felt too long and a little too much out of the prequel trilogy. I very much understand the 5/10 type reviews and appreciate that perspective.

    tl;dr -- I set my expectations low and thus I was happily surprised despite definite flaws with ep VIII. Also, I liked the writing and the acting and how those little bird guys started to get annoying but then the director backed off from pushing them into Jar Jar territory. PS., the sexual tension worked very well, i thought.

  • Star Wars

    • Izuno
    • December 17, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    40 minutes ago, FrieChamp said: Quite enjoyed it! It had one big WTF moment for me though:

    http://# Hide contents Why kill off Luke after the plot twist about the jedi mind trick he played on Kylo Ren? Just so he didn't die a painful death at the hands of the Sith? Felt strange to me.

    8/10

    Spoiler I dunno...did they really kill him off from episode IX? We saw Yoda come back in this movie.

  • Star Wars

    • Izuno
    • December 16, 2017 at 8:33 PM

    10/10

  • Horizon Zero Dawn

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM

    Played more HZD:TFW last night and now am really loving it. So at this point if you liked HZD I strongly recommend TFW. There are new enemies and new "things" that make gameplay not simply more of the same.

  • Horizon Zero Dawn

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2017 at 6:35 AM
    Quote from [HP]

    5 hours ago, [HP] said: I've still to finish the main quest of the main game, I'm probably around 70% in, so many good games around man!

    I see you playing the new Wolfenstein game on PS4 while I'm playing HZD. Seems W:NC has a pretty kick ass campaign from what I hear.

  • Horizon Zero Dawn

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2017 at 1:09 AM

    So today the $20 DLC single player expansion The Frozen Wilds released. I preordered the DLC for $15 on PSN. This might be the first DLC I have purchased in ...years? I bought this DLC because Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my personal GOTY for 2017, minor flaws and all. I'm only 1 hour in but given the size of the new zone in the game and estimated hours of story to play through, I felt fine with spending some money. Plus, because this is not a cheap ass loot box system I have no problem spending money on quality content that developers worked hard to create.

    Anyway, bravo, Guerrilla games. I hope some of my $15 makes it into your pockets.

  • The Olympics Committee officially opens to eSport

    • Izuno
    • November 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM

    I think this is the stupidest shit ever. I'm all for video games and esports (not a fan myself but pls enjoy and hopefully esports will make profits not just revenues and excessive costs and I hope participants can have long, fulfilling careers and all that) but i have no desire to watch a fucking esport in the olympics (or ever, btw).

  • Red Dead Redemption 2

    • Izuno
    • September 28, 2017 at 5:09 PM

    The visuals in the new trailer look excellent. I'm sure it will play well and have a well done story per typical of Rockstar and in line with RDR (which I loved, btw).

    My only issue with this new trailer is I don't like the voice acting of the main character. Perhaps I'm simply not used to it (it's first time we heard it right?) and I just need time, but something isn't sitting well with me. It's not that the writing or quality of the voice acting itself is necessarily bad, it's just I don't really find that I like the voice all that much as say compared to the voice of John Marston (voiced by Rob Wietoff).

    I hate to nitpick but that's just my initial reaction. Otherwise, I fully I expect I will get over it, buy it, play it, nitpick it some more, but (hopefully) will ultimately love the game.

  • New LEGO Millennium Falcon

    • Izuno
    • September 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM
    Quote

    1 hour ago, 'RZL said: I love the fact that they try to sell it as a two-in-one build, where they just swap out a sensor dish and remove two small details. I mean, that's just an incredible selling point, right?

    Yeah that's pretty much bullshit but nonetheless what a load of a model.

  • New LEGO Millennium Falcon

    • Izuno
    • August 31, 2017 at 6:51 PM

    https://io9.gizmodo.com/this-7-541-pie…most-1798426562

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    OH MY GAWWWDDDD!!!

  • Well what do you know! The Sequel!

    • Izuno
    • March 17, 2017 at 9:12 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vTM4At8.png]

  • Horizon Zero Dawn

    • Izuno
    • March 10, 2017 at 10:59 PM

    I'm playing on a 27" samsung monitor...not 4k. Cheap $200 monitor. Game still looks great. More importantly it's fun! Cut scenes are a bit over acted and long...but you can skip them or speed through the dialog moments if you enable and read subtitles and still get the info. Very glad for that.

    Otherwise I'm getting very into this.

  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War

    • Izuno
    • March 2, 2017 at 7:13 PM

    First game was a gem for the 10 hours I was able to play it before getting too busy. That trailer was impressive even if still movie trope laden. I think the game could <hopefully> be better than the trailer.

  • Nintendo Switch

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2017 at 7:43 PM
    Quote from Sigma

    5 hours ago, Sigma said: This right here is how I feel. Pretty much the only draw for me to Nintendo products anymore is Zelda. Maybe if I quit being lazy and played Bayonetta I would feel differently - but alas, I have not. So Breath of the Wild on my Wii U it is. Mario looks like it has strong platforming as always, but the inconsistencies of art styles does not get me excited.

    I got to play some Zelda on Wii U at E3 last year and it was perfectly fine, except I still am not in love with the tablet controller. I guess I'll get used to it because I don't expect to get a Switch at launch just for Zelda. (Unless I can convince Nintendo Analyst Relations dept to send me one. HA!) I'm a little worried too about the Mario but having not played it I can't say for sure. Does feel like "whaaaaa???" That said, my first reaction to seeing Super Mario Galaxy was "whaaa?" and then I played it and thought "ohhhhhhhhh now I get it."

    Anyone else think ARMS might actually not be terrible?

  • GDC 2017

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2017 at 5:40 AM

    I might this year. Have a big client meeting in SF right before so wtf why not?

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM

    This is still a thread?

  • Star Wars

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2017 at 7:02 AM

    Finally saw it tonight....just been so busy. Agree with Dux above.

    I can barely remember any characters' names.

  • Titanfall 2

    • Izuno
    • November 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM

    As I told Mo, That audio!!! And the level design!!! Not that I am surprised knowing you guys :)

    Sorry that EA shipped it between BF1 and CoD:IW releases. TF2 is definitely my favorite shooter this season so I hope it builds more momentum. Spread the word!

    SIDEBAR: the collective of all 3 of these games has exceeded my expectations thus far.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™