1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Nintendo 2DS

    • Izuno
    • August 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM

    I thought 3D was cool for about 30 seconds. Never used the 3D again whenever I got my hands on a 3DS.


    In the handheld space for the last decade it's pretty hard to bet against Nintendo...so we'll see. I'm a bit optimistic about it, even though I'd never play it, won't get it for my oldest kid (who's too young now anyway) and didn't see it coming anyway as well.


    Still...the form factor...


    [Blocked Image: http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/wtf-18374.jpg]


    ...but yeah kids have been into the non-clamshell design before so we'll see.

  • Nintendo 2DS

    • Izuno
    • August 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

    http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/28/4667…-3ds-comparison

    [Blocked Image: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3118897/nintendo_2ds_red.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/wha.jpg]

  • Battlefield 4

    • Izuno
    • August 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

    Yeah my bad people. As I said...lack of coffee...

    Anyway, the tl;dr version of what I meant: Interesting they are both making a big marketing deal of dynamic yada yadas even though it's not exactly new tech. On the other hand, the way EA/DICE is marketing it in BF4 has reinvigorated my interest in - wait for it - BF4. And yeah, I'd play Ghosts, too. WTF it's got an AI sidekick dog. I'll try it.

  • Battlefield 4

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM

    Damn that video looked cool. So "Levoloution" had to be in the works for a while. You don't tack on those kind of dynamic changes right after E3 when you watch the COD Ghosts reveal. And at the same time, COD Ghost dynamic MP map changes had to have been designed in early in the cycle as well. (or did I miss that BF announced this a while ago? I thought this was a new announcement/reveal...)

    In other words, both BF and COD this year are embracing some kind of dynamic map change which sounds great to me. Will one be better than the other? Answer likely depends on which brand/game you prefer...and that's cool and I'll as honestly I like both BF and COD but for slightly different reasons.

    The only real question is how did both games this year end up with dynamic levels as a prominent new gameplay element? At least BF4 doesn't have a dog just for the sake of "COD is going to have a dog so we need one..." And I don't mean BF is copying COD or COD is copying BF (wait, right?) I just mean it's interesting from an "FPS feature arms race" perspective. FB engine is internal to EA...IW's engine, whatever it's heritage, is basically internal to Activision.

    Oh shit...I haven't had coffee yet. That explains this post...

  • Killzone: Shadow Fall

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2013 at 5:45 AM

    Since E3 was 2 months ago I honestly don't remember that much. I have to say, it did feel a little nonstandard to me but I only played the first Killzone and skipped the others. I think Killzone fans will probably really enjoy Shadowfall and FPS fans looking for something to play on PS4 probably won't be disappointed...but I didn't really play enough of the game at E3 to make a solid judgement.

    I was actually more interested in what insight I could get from IR on the PS4 dev process and to see how much more time/people it takes to developer for it than PS3...since cost control for next gen is a major issue everyone making console games should be thinking about (I mean...of course everyone already is, right? Righttt???)

    Still, it was beautiful to look at. It was a little slower paced I think than typical CoD SP but that's a good thing. I like a variety in the FPS games I play...but that's just me.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • August 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

    rambling as I watch the Sony press conference...

    LBP Hub. Zzzzzzz.

    Rockstar discount for PS3 GTAV preordering...sounds legit.

    Vita price drop to $199. Nice...but still doesn't solve the Vita problem...though also planning price drops in memory cards which is much needed.

    Borderlands 2 on Vita is a nice interesting thing...won't move hardware but still, I'd replay it on a roadtrip for sure.

    Murasaki Baby was actually pretty interesting to watch. Cute. Doubt my wife would care, though.

    Big Fest...didn't see that coming. Really interesting though I'm not totally clear on how this works yet. You'd have to spend a lot of time actually listening to music? Would that actually slow down the "gameplay" of it?

    Seems like they were a bit heavy handed in beating us over the head with "Vita is awesome to develop for" and that time should have been filled with more demos of all the great new games they have for it.

    eh...rambling...

  • Origin return policy...wait, what?

    • Izuno
    • August 20, 2013 at 3:39 AM

    https://www.origin.com/us/news/origin-great-game-guarantee

    Wha-wha-WHAT???

  • Sleep

    • Izuno
    • August 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

    Since cutting out 95% of processed sugar in my diet, my energy level during the day is much more constant and I don't rely on caffeine. And while I don't get more sleep (due to kids) the quality of my sleep feels so much better.

    The older you get, the less sugar you should eat.

    Side topic: it's not the fat...it's the sugar.

  • Sleep

    • Izuno
    • August 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM

    Sleep bad now? Wait till you have kids.

  • 47 Ronin

    • Izuno
    • July 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    That looks atrocious.

    This.

  • Gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny assholes. Assumed?

    • Izuno
    • July 25, 2013 at 5:39 AM

    It's a symptom of the medium: the internet. Give everyone a megaphone, you will hear a lot of hatred because, in general, people want more from life than they have and when they can't get it, they vent wherever they feel safe to do so.

  • Gravity

    • Izuno
    • July 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM

    This was off my radar until about 5 minutes ago when a friend posted the new trailer. I think Sandra Bullock is actually underrated...though if you don't like her I understand. George Clooney, well...I gotta admit the guy is one fine actor. So good cast, great premise (yeah kinda Open Water in space as previously said in this thread). Sounds good.

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • July 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM

    1) Radar...ok I will live with it and it will substitute for real situation awareness. it's a game. I'll get over that.

    2) I still hate the time shifting memories abracadabrabacus or whatever that thing is called. That's the main reason AC games have bored me.

    3) Looks like this will come down to the details in execution here. As a concept, I'm totally sold on this and if those details are done right then we have a winner. If not...huge missed opportunity.

    :pleasedontfuckthisup:

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • July 21, 2013 at 4:56 AM

    Sorry for bump...wait. No I'm not sorry. Just watched this:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I know, it's a hype trailer. I am hyped, and honestly I have been bored by every AC game. No offense to any of you who worked on the franchise. It's an incredible series, I've just never clicked with it. So bravo to you if you make your living making these games.

    Anyway, I am honestly interested in ACIV now because of

    1) The time period. Fucking pirates in true old school naval combat before modern steel warships with nothing but the wind to propel you? Sign me up. That is naval tactics at its best. Modern naval combat simulation games? Pls. No electronics. No radar. (I hope no lame ass fake 17th century equivalent they invented for the game...unless it really is legit which it won't be ffs)

    2) Swinging from ropes (even if totally unrealistic) from one ship to the other? I just manspackled my pants. That and the 3rd person action combat mixed in with the naval combat? OMG.

    So, Ubisoft, listen: don't fuck this up. Siriusly, seriously. This is probably the most realistic attempt at creating a plausible 3rd person action adventure game where you do typical melee/ranged combat, stealth AND have goddam naval ship to ship combat that I can think of in gaming.

    There...I've said my peace. Please make this the first AC game I love.

  • Watch Dogs

    • Izuno
    • July 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

    Now I'm into this game.

  • Godzilla (2014)

    • Izuno
    • July 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

    So is this a re-re-re-re...re-re-reboot or re-re-re-re...re-re-rehash?

  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist

    • Izuno
    • July 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

    As someone who has trained a lot in grappling (JJ, BJJ, Silat, Shooto, etc.) over the years I really appreciate good grappling animations in games. Looking to see more of that.

  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

    Just watched this at IGN.

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07…fectionist-mode

    Gotta say, The Last of Us has me re-re-interested in games with stealth. Blacklist getting more interesting to me because of it. Can't wait to try it out now.

  • How do start creating environments!

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

    What Vilham said. Walk before you can run. If you start running from the start you will fall over, injure yourself. In the end you will get where you want to go faster by walking first, mastering it, and then jogging, mastering it, and then running.

  • Cube world

    • Izuno
    • July 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM

    Looks really interesting. The infiniteness of it could be awesome, and not so lonesome as most of what Minecraft is given I just don't play it in MP. Low system specs it seems, too.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™