1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Izuno
    • May 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM

    I dunno...I liked this trailer :)


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • May 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM

    Yep yep and yep.

    Quote

    Huge setup with Theon's sister and then what a letdown. I suppose it was to build the ending with Ramsay and Theon (obviously Ramsay is hatching something) but they have to do a better job or else this series will just start meandering.


    Also...

    Quote

    I haven't read book 4 yet so I don't know where it is going, but now Dany is sitting on a throne and ruling...her whole story is getting very stale...


    I dunno, I still love the show but they better not go all Lost on us and just drag on. I want epic closures!

  • Gravity

    • Izuno
    • May 13, 2014 at 5:46 AM

    I finally saw it for the first time. On an airplane. Next to a 4 year old watching Frozen. She asked me to plug her headphones back into her display system...constantly. It was epic.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • May 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    Quote from dux

    First part wasn't what I'd hoped it to be (HBO writers taking big liberties again) and was feeling a bit meh about it all and I was fearing for the worst - then Dinklage came and saved the god damn day.

    Yes.

  • F2P is burning article on polygon

    • Izuno
    • May 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM

    This is why I post things like this here....always good analysis from multiple angles. The way my colleagues and I view it, we see that the notion that there is a bubble is correct, just not 100% correct. Certainly there are unsustainable practices in F2P, but as you guys have mentioned there are some games doing F2P right, or at least better. We don't see mobile F2P as a giant bubble that will destroy itself, rather we see a lot of shakeout as gamers get sick of the grind that many F2P mobile games become. In other words, Farmville etc. on Facebook was the hot, cute new thing but people got burnt out of it. It will happen again in mobile and it will likely get harder and harder to make big money (by as many companies) in mobile F2P unless the companies simply offer more actual gaming value...which gets harder and harder.


    tl;dr:

    Market forces and competition will hopefully weed out the weak, but that doesn't necessarily mean the thing you hate is the weak. Mobile F2P isn't going to collapse just yet but parts of it may spectacularly flame out. Get the popcorn!

  • F2P is burning article on polygon

    • Izuno
    • May 11, 2014 at 7:52 AM

    Some seriously good thinking here:

    http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/9/56990…-crush-the-room

    My favorite part:

    " Henry Ford invented the first production line and the first affordable car, and once said "If I’d asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses". The quote is mythical, but delivers more truth about creative work than a million pages of factual user data. "

  • Net Neutrality petition

    • Izuno
    • May 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

    THIS.

  • Big Budget Games - Input needed

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM

    Investment spend.


    Activision probably looked back at Call of Duty history and realized if they could have somehow invested more earlier on it might have grown bigger earlier. But that strategy has risks of creating quicker franchise burnout. Call of Duty took a few years to peak and has had an amazing run which is still going, just its biggest years are behind it. They just want Destiny to go on a similar run and it's going to take a huge upfront investment.


    Also, if you have to bet on someone, Activision is rationalizing that betting on Bungie is hopefully "safe" even though it too still has risks.


    tl;dr: I understand Activision's thinking but the plan is not without risk.


    Dead horse beating!

  • Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM

    Michael Caine? Sign me up.

  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

    • Izuno
    • May 2, 2014 at 5:55 PM

    Call of Duty: Cynical Premise Based Warfare


    Still...I liked that trailer. I think I can only get into this if the campaign is good, even if standard 5 to 6 hours. The last CoD campaign I really loved was Black Ops...the ones since not as much. Yeah, I feel that franchise fatigue as Mazy was saying but as always I will try to judge this CoD game on its own merits which leaves me, as always, cautiously hopeful.

  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

    • Izuno
    • May 2, 2014 at 6:17 AM

    http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-a…es-274126.phtml


    I think the official reveal is Sunday May 4? Anyway, I am keeping an open mind. Can't wait to hear more (really...I honestly want to know more about the game. Could be awesome. Or not. We'll see...)

  • WiiU

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    Quote from Beck

    ....


    My body is ready.


    [Blocked Image: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/077/988/my_body_is_ready.png]

  • Stalker : Lost alpha

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2014 at 6:12 AM

    Yeah I'm biased but still on my top 10 all time favorite PC games...maybe top 5.


    Some of the early builds and vids I saw in 2003 were stunning...just incredible tech for the time. I guess I have to try this one...kudos for the labor of love.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • April 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM

    OMG CAPSLOCK STUCK AFTER LAST EPISODE.

  • So now I'm a dad

    • Izuno
    • April 7, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    Quote from SpronyvanJohnson

    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah hide in a corner and cry blah blah blah blah blah

    This.

  • WiiU

    • Izuno
    • April 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM

    Nintendo art design delivering!

  • So now I'm a dad

    • Izuno
    • April 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM

    Congrats. FYI what they didn't tell me that I will tell you: the hardest part of having a new baby is if you already have a toddler.


    Good luck!

  • Buying a house and the games industry.

    • Izuno
    • April 4, 2014 at 6:07 AM

    The green dot with the dollar sign represents when we (wife and I) bought our current house. Dark blue line is estimated market value.


    tl;dr: we got very lucky.


  • Check your PM history...

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM

    Found old messages from 2004 regarding STALKER MP beta. Wow that was 10 years ago

  • Source 2 demo with a re-do scene from HL2

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM

    Next time please send bogus HL3 link because no one has ever done that on April 1.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™