Yeah looked like when a javascript site has its javascript broken. All fixed now.
Posts by Izuno
-
-
Quote from Puddy
yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada Led Zeppelin.

Awesome.
But damn that was cheesy. I think the Black Ops 2 and MW3 TV spots were more on point with what CoD was trying to achieve.
Still gonna get Destiny though. Nothing can turn that ship around!
-
Quote from IzunoDisplay More
Half-Life (plus expansions and sequels)
Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne and that other MMO game...crap what was it called...?)
Full Throttle
Borderlands
Jedi Knight II (OMFG was this game amazing)
GTA V. Best game in the series imo
Lol you turd! You forgot S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Mercenaries (the first one)
Man, egg on your face.
oh...
-
-
Just gonna leave this here:
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.and...
-
Rewatched this a few times...
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.I mean...it'll be another CoD campaign/story so how amazing can it be? I'm assuming roughly 5 hours long. I must say it does feel a bit like Black Ops 2 which I admit I enjoyed. Right now I'm feeling more positive about the SP compared to Ghosts which felt uninspired.
eh...giving it a chance at least.
-
Quote from Alf-Life
At least the interviewer asked a lot of direct questions, with several cases of followup attempting to ask the questions many, many people want answers to. +1 for eurogamer i guess.
-
Quote from (HP)
Da fuck dude? lol Last of Us felt more of a game than the last 4 Call of Duty games did.
We keep this up, we're gonna be discussing if games art all over again.
What HP said.
-
(FYI tl;dr at the bottom for your convenience...)
MOBA is basically dominated by F2P. I'm looking at data all the time and as an up front purchase model (ie, $60 for a Xbox One / PS4 / PC premium AAA yada yada...) MOBA is really tricky. Valve basically did it with DOTA 2 given it was an upfront purchase to get into the "open-closed" beta before it went truly F2P a year ago. And yes, many who got into LoL bought a bundle pack up front with currency etc.
But on console no one has really done MOBA as a business that scaled. For MOBA to really work as F2P you've got to get big user numbers. On PC this is much more feasible than on console given the global reach of PC is much larger. Even if you get a few million people to download your F2P console MOBA, you need some seriously high revenue per paying users to make the model scale well. This all assumes that Battleborn will have a significant budget. I can't imagine Gearbox pulling it off for a small amount of money. That's just not how Gearbox (or any other AAA developer) has operated. LoL and DOTA 2 both had big dev budgets, granted they were spread out over time and the live ops costs are very significant. Thus the assumption is that BB is not small budget. (If I'm wrong GB, let me know.)
Soooooo....
1) I can't see how this could be F2P and actually succeed.
2) If it's pay up front like traditional console/AAA product, then how exactly will the MOBA model work? If I pay $60 up front I sure as hell won't want to sink more money into it unless I have an incredibly compelling reason to. Maybe Gearbox figured this out. Of course, there is the question of DLC vs. buying virtual currency for quicker upgrades etc...but that $60 would still be in the back of my mind...
3) If the model is traditional AAA, and if the F2P model isn't really going to work, then maybe this game will depart from "traditional" MOBA in some way. After all, Borderlands games best known for co-op multiplayer...so it's possible Battleborn is some kind of extension of how that worked.
tl;dr version:
I'm not sold on the concept for business reasons but it's all speculation right now. I've seen a million MOBA pitches lately and they are all fucking terrible. Maybe this one bucks the trend and is doing something "refreshingly different?"
-
Quote from dux
Been seeing this gif go around...just looks like an old man hugging a gold penis.
-
Gearbox is making what sounds like a first person MOBA. Announcement trailer below. Discuss.
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
Can't wait for "Sequel of the Reboot of the Rise of the Damn-you-to-hell of the Planet of the Apes" because the more "of the" in a movie title the better.
-
-
-
So isn't Group G the only one where all 4 countries are technically still in it?
1) If USA and Germany tie, they both advance and Ghana and Portugal are eliminated
2) If either USA or Germany wins, that team advances but for the losing team, if Ghana and Portugal tie then both Ghana and Portugal are out and the loser of USA/Germany advances
3) If there is a winner in Ghana/Portugal and a winner in USA/Germany, then the winner of Ghana/Portugal only advances if their goal differential is greater than the loser of USA/Germany, right?
4) If #3 happens, then if Germany is the loser of its game then it would have to lose badly along with the winner of Ghana/Portugal winning by a big margin to overcome the current German +4 GD and overcome either the current -1 GD or Portugal's -4 GD.
OR...
Am I misunderstanding that if there is a tie for points they will go by the GD first, then by heads up who beat whom like in NFL or something?
Regardless, futbol is quickly overtaking football as my favorite spectator sport.
-
I finally
Quotebeat the Union Suppository heist last fucking night. Or was it Depository? Yes, I got the game the day it came out last year. Shows what 2 kids will do to your playing time.
In any event, I met with a Take 2 exec at E3 and asked about if my PS3 singleplayer progress would carry over to PS4 and he said yes. Then I checked elsewhere and it was GTA Online that would carry over and not singleplayer. Then I checked wikipedia and it said GTA Online only.
Then I thought (since I don't play much of the GTA Online) that if this is one of the few console games I like so much that I'd be willing to play it over again would I pay $60 to do so for whatever improvements come with the PS4 version? It's really tempting me.
-
I am officially bored with football and now prefer football.
-
Quote from Taylor
Pretty much.
QuoteAt first I was rooting for The Hound, but then I realized Brienne of Tarth is pretty cool in her own way...at least a cool character despite her obvious awkwardness. Then I didn't know whom to root for. Then I started rooting for Arya to intervene and stop the fight and they'd all join forces (Brienne and Pod with Arya and The Hound) and there would be this double wedding (uh...once Arya is of age) and they'd start this new house destined to become strong but just rulers who destroy the bad guys and bring peace and rainbows throughout the land.
Then I came to my senses and realized that in the end they'll all probably die so whatever.
-
USA 2
Guana 1
What a game!
-
Congrats! She's beautiful!
Welcome to the rest of your life. (esp if you go for a 2nd one down the line.)