1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Flame in the Flood - Ex Irrational

    • Izuno
    • October 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM

    Amazing art direction. Bravo to what I have seen thus far. That music...the ambiance. I love how it's not a bunch of talking heads about who the people behind it are but rather it's just where (I presume) the game is at now.

  • Destiny

    • Izuno
    • October 7, 2014 at 12:52 AM

    I'm so torn by this. I want to really love it and get lost in it. But I just can't. I'm wanting some real meat additional content for this, but having already paid $60 for the game I don't see myself risking more money for more of the same. I really like the Bungie folks and I know they worked very hard on polishing this thing but...well, Sprony basically said what I was thinking.


    tl;dr: what Sprony said.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

    Sounds like a game for perfectionists. Perfectionists who like to overcome things. Like shitting their pants.

  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM

    Anyone playing on a console have an opinion on controls and FOV?

  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

    • Izuno
    • October 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    Quote from dux

    Downloading now! This is the first game I've bought for full price on release since forever. 35gb though, my poor 20mb conenction is shedding a tear


    I assume via Steam on PC?


    Anyone get this for console via download direct from XBL or PSN? (That's really a topic for another thread...)


    This is on my list to get...

  • Jupiter Ascending

    • Izuno
    • September 26, 2014 at 5:42 AM
    Quote from SpronyvanJohnson

    Sean Bean is in it (awesome actor). Let's bet on when he dies in the movie.


    It's not the when but the how. Has he been in anything since

    Quote

    GoT

    ?

  • Destiny

    • Izuno
    • September 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    Quote from (HP)

    Yeap, I spent like an hour on the loot cave then asked myself what the fuck was I doing with my time... lol.


    (Still went from lvl 18 to 20 in under an hour, lol)


    It's over.

    http://kotaku.com/bungie-kills-destiny-loot-cave-1639154905


    [Blocked Image: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--umS9X1x9--/rl0d8peq16ybcyuqtidg.png]

  • Destiny

    • Izuno
    • September 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM

    I'm still playing it but due to time limitations I've only just hit lvl 15 today and that was after finding the Loot Cave™. I was there a for 30 minutes and went from just under lvl 14 to just over lvl 15 and got 8 green engrams. But the real fun part was the event that happened where a shitload of mobs just come at you...i was with a few players in mid 20s and a couple in single digits and it was an incredible spontaneous blast.


    That said, this game is going to need imprUvements to be viable in the long term...and FAST.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JKHUA.png]

  • Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar

    • Izuno
    • September 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    Michael Caine? Sign me up.


    Still legit.

  • Blizzard "resetting" Titan...

    • Izuno
    • September 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM

    Sad. But this is the right thing to do. The market for MMO is not the same...and unless Blizzard can come up with something truly amazing in the category then there is no realistic chance of a subscription MMO doing anything close to what WoW has done. The market has been burning out on sub based MMO for a long time and the F2P MMO business is getting very tough after being tough for a while.


    Beyond Diablo and SC, Blizzard has Hearthstone which is definitely making good revenues and good profits. And it has Heroes of the Storm. I know, I know...MOBA is on its way to saturating or else already has saturated and everyone seems to be getting into it. LoL and DOTA 2 are the clear market leaders and if anyone can become a 3rd major player in MOBA it's Blizzard. Quick, name another dev/pub that could likely jump into the MOBA market better than Blizzard? [silence]

    A Warcraft themed MOBA is an extension of the WoW PvP arena anyway (with some level of RTS thrown in). That's basically how one could roughly describe LoL and DOTA. (Yeah...WoW arena does not equal a LoL style MOBA...yeah...heard that argument from nitpickers. kthxbai.)


    Also, "in dev for 7 6 years" does not mean full scale production for 7 6 years. How much of that was pre-prod with a small team? I don't know. But to finish something, launch it and all the live ops might cost another $100 million plus tens of millions per month?


    Basically Blizzard execs have to go to the Activision-Blizzard board and justify how they will make that a viable business and between all of them the writing on the wall probably became pretty clear. Still I'm sure this decision was long analyzed, probably caused tremendous internal 'discussion' and overall was not easy despite being the only realistic option.


    tl;dr version:

    Blizzard has a high fun/quality bar to reach...and has to make money. Titan just wouldn't have done it. Glad no one lost their jobs as of now.

  • Corwin's house renovation adventure

    • Izuno
    • September 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM

    Damn, Corwin. You have some balls attempting this, let alone in actually pulling it off. Respect.

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM

    Totally agree about Snake's Putin cosplay. Congrats to Kojima for nailing it.

  • Destiny

    • Izuno
    • September 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM
    Quote from (HP)

    It's with friends that this game REALLY shines, like really, it's not the same.


    I haven't played it with friends yet (no love!) but I have joined some random fireteams where noone talked. It works...totally fun. That said, I'm having fun in SP simply because the combat is so fucking good. Yeah it is very story light which I think is weird given Bungie's capabilities and, you know, there are a lot of smart people out there who can get stories working in games. But whatever, I understand how some people don't like it but I'm glad I bought it and plan to continue playing it.

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM

    Through it all I still have respect for Notch and Mojang. Minecraft is one of the greatest things in gaming so I can't give him any crap.


    ...and I still want Minecraft on my Vita.

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 15, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    a company called notch development owns mojang, which is 71% owned by notch and the rest owned by 2 other co-founders of Mojang. I assume non of the other employees own any stake ;o


    There's your answer...


    [Blocked Image: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111002054015/simpsons/images/f/f9/Picture_of_mr.sparkle.jpg]

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    The thing is: he doesn't even maintain the game anymore. Jeb has been in charge of it for years. notch has been tinkering on new projects (that frankly haven't lead to anything substantial yet). The guy has made many millions - and yes, I know, more millions are always better - but even if his attitude has come across as snobbish at times, he always seemed to be very genuine and outspoken. He has often talked about how he wants Mojang to be best studio to work for in the world and made his disdain of big corporations public at numerous occasions (he cancelled the Rift version of Minecraft after Facebook picked up Oculus etc.). I was thinking, maybe the other shareholders want to cash out, but rumor has it that notch instigated the deal. Him being burnt out or a general discontent with making games under the microscope is my best guess at the moment.


    Who are the other shareholders? Afaik Notch never took any outside investment because everything was funded out of cash flows. I thought I heard some employees have stock in the company, but the total amount doesn't add up to much leaving Notch as the only significant shareholder by a large margin (ie over 90 or 95%)...


    ....lest ye, Frie, have some other knowledge ye doth hast withholdeth?

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 11, 2014 at 7:17 AM

    Sweden. Taxes. So notch gets less than $2b. Still....he's one of the richest people in gaming. Good for him!

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM

    I started a new Minecraft world a few days ago after not touching the game in over a year. Now this. I suppose once it comes to Vita that may be a Vita game I actually buy and play on my actual Vita rather than use said Vita as a PSP (PlayStation Paperweight). Wait...if Microsoft owns...Minecraft....then Sony platforms...


    [Blocked Image: http://www.socialsamosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/meme4.jpg]

  • Minesoft...Microcraft...you decide

    • Izuno
    • September 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM

    http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/09/mic…rding-to-rumor/


    ...and http://online.wsj.com/articles/micro…raft-1410300213


    and lots of other news on this.


    So Microsoft is close to buying Mojang. Notch will supposedly see the deal thru then depart with his $2b (pre-tax). Great payday for him, but then what?


    Remember, it's not just the developer but all the licensing businesses...how many of you have Minecraft licensed shirts, condoms, keychains, rainbow colored rat poison pellets in the shape of a creeper, rainbow colored kids vitamins in the shape of a creeper, cardboard Steve heads, etc. etc. etc. ?


    Minecraft is one of my top 10 PC games of all time, no questions asked. There is the question about the PlayStation versions of the game, but I would be shocked if Microsoft pulled them from the market because it would enrage a lot of people.


    Two observations:

    1) This signals that Microsoft is still serious about the games space. You don't invest $2b without having a strong commitment to the space.


    2) The market for Minecraft will saturate. How many copies can you buy? How much Minecrap can you buy (see above). Minecraft movie? Fine. TV show? Eh maybe. But all that takes a lot of work and additional capital to make a return from. What about other Mojang games/products? Think any future Mojang creation will come close to Minecraft potential? It's unlikely.


    Discuss.

  • Destiny

    • Izuno
    • September 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM

    ps4 here.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™