1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Sourcemods/Total-conversion Memorial Thread

    • Izuno
    • August 25, 2022 at 3:24 AM

    Man those were the days.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • July 13, 2022 at 12:51 AM

    Update:

    Welp...I got the Steam Cloud issues sorted. Mouse/KB on PC and Steam Deck controls appear sorted so I can go back and forth for at least Half Life. Cloud saves also works now which is obviously critical.

    (I suspect the Steam Cloud issue was probably user error? Whatever it works now)

    Definitely going to try some more modern games next.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • July 12, 2022 at 10:39 PM

    See image of SD vs. Switch vs. Switch Lite. I got the Switch Lite for my kid(s) and it's too small for my taste. Also, the regular Switch is more fatiguing than the Steam Deck. The ergonomics of the Steam Deck fit better with adult hands in my opinion.



    ALSO...anyone use Steam on more than one machine, including a Steam Deck? I've been testing out games and for the fun of it I tried the original Gold Source Half Life and would ye not thy knowethest it I'm now 5+ hours into replaying Half Life on it. With that, I can't get Cloud Saves to work between it and my main Steam PC. And...the control mapping for lefties on PC don't translate well to Steam Deck. Half Life is a 20+ year old game that obviously was not 100% optimized...but man the nostalgia of playing older games on SD that you know will run smoothly is real. I am not expecting Valve to do that kind of work to really make it SD optimized, but man would that be nice cause now I want to try going back and forth between SD and my PC and it just doesn't work. I guess I have to try some newer, SD optimized games.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2022 at 10:46 PM

    Update: welp, it has been received (a few hours ago I got from my mailbox as I was away on holiday when it arrived)

    Not going to lie, I am enjoying it thus far. For some lolz I loaded a 20 year old game (original Day of Defeat) and while it runs fine some games are indeed not Steam deck interface optimized so it is a bit annoying that way. However that is a known issue. Otherwise, very very very excited to bust my wallet open for some Steam stuff.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • June 23, 2022 at 9:12 PM

    Update: welp, it has been ordered. Looking forward to more portable Steam action.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • June 21, 2022 at 3:29 PM

    Welp...just got notified I can now complete my order to take delivery sometime in July. Guess...I'm going to...do...that.

  • What are you playing now?

    • Izuno
    • June 16, 2022 at 12:45 AM

    I played an hour of Death Stranding and gave up. I didn't hate it, just got busy and distracted and then never got back to it.

    Recently played Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga. Definitely exceeded my modest expectations.

    However the primary game I'm into now is Horizon Forbidden West. In some ways it's better than HZD, and in some ways not as good. It does feel overall easier but the older I get the less I care about how hard a game is and instead I enjoy how playable a game is without forcing me to work or think too hard. HFW floats the boat on that.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • May 24, 2022 at 5:27 PM

    Just finished the final season of Ozark.

    I had some complaints along the way, but in the end it's a masterpiece.

    [Blocked Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTsjLyd8f5qH1kYn9e6ZXsDnY2js0bFegfmA&usqp=CAU]

  • RIP Zach Ford (1985-2022)

    • Izuno
    • February 24, 2022 at 11:21 PM

    Late to this thread. A lot going on.

    I was not close to Zach but I remember him back in the early days of Mapcore. Painful to hear. So sorry to those close to him and his family.

  • Sony buys Bungie

    • Izuno
    • January 31, 2022 at 7:17 PM

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-…-usd3-6-billion

  • Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

    • Izuno
    • January 19, 2022 at 3:02 AM
    Quote from Zarsky

    5 hours ago, Zarsky said: I don't think Valve is available for purchase...they have a steady nearly passive cash flow...why sell?

    Pretty much.

    Also, seems like Bobby's challenges were a real catalyst to this deal happening.

    https://twitter.com/benfritz/status/1483627639201878021

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

    • Izuno
    • December 10, 2021 at 5:10 PM
    Quote from Poofoge

    46 minutes ago, Poofoge said: Stalker is those games I haven't played,

    I might do a Stalker marathon in the near futures but who knows

    Stalker 2 make me excited

    should I play shadow of Chernobyl first?

    Others will have a different opinion, but I would say yes just because it was the first bite at the apple for GSC going into the zone. I found the game so satisfying, bugs and all.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • November 11, 2021 at 4:46 PM

    No that email was to me I just edited out the account name because it is an old email address of mine. But yeah, <name> was looking forward to see if Steam Deck would live up to it's potential and now <name> is going to have to wait.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • November 10, 2021 at 9:10 PM

    Yeah I don't think anyone was surprised. The chip shortage is real even if it does not impact everyone exactly the same. Nintendo recently cut their manufacturing guidance for FY21 from 30m Switch units to 24m.

  • Steam Deck

    • Izuno
    • November 10, 2021 at 7:28 PM

    Hello <name> The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates. Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement. Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go. To view your updated expected order availability and FAQ, please visit the Steam Deck store page. Cheers, The Steam Team

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2021 at 11:22 PM

    um...spend the $70. so much better than workarounds imo.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • November 7, 2021 at 4:37 PM

    Sidenote: I have had a standing desk for a few years at least before the pandemic ever started. Also get a floor mat...something like the below or similar:

  • Metaverse

    • Izuno
    • November 1, 2021 at 4:21 PM
    Quote from ┌HP┘

    On 10/30/2021 at 1:52 AM, ┌HP┘ said: A few years ago, I was tripping balls and the realization that I was addicted to Facebook popped into my mind. If I was at the computer and I had 3 seconds to burn, like exporting a bake or whatever, I'd alt+tab right back into my feed. I then installed an extension that blocked "Facebook.com" and a couple other websites i wanted to annihilate from my life. If you try to access one of these blocked websites, this plugin would tell you how many times it was tried that day, and total count. For about 3 weeks, I tried to access Facebook 72 times, I still have that number tattooed into my memory. 72 fucking times and I KNEW it was blocked, and still tried to open it. It was one of the best things I could have done, because it opened my mind to other negative habits and addictions I have.

    Yeah I had a similar experience. Then a couple weeks ago there was this facebook outage for less than a day. On my phone it said I needed to re-authenticate or whatever to log back in to use the app. Same in my primary browser that I had normally been using to access facebook from my computer. I never did log in to either again, only able to access facebook in a separate secure browser (i mean probably slightly more secure but whom are we kidding here?).

    tl;dr: I have cut my facebook time the past few weeks to an average of 2 minutes a day, if that.

    Life is so much better now.

  • LIGHTYEAR NEW DISNEY MOVIE

    • Izuno
    • October 28, 2021 at 4:27 PM

    Just a teaser but I like. That audio...

  • New World (Amazon's new MMO)

    • Izuno
    • September 29, 2021 at 5:38 PM

    Official launch on Steam was Sep 28 and initially it has a lot of early users.

    1) They did a long beta test and something about could get the whole game for free if you we part of the beta some how at some point but I haven't sorted through that aspect yet. If anyone here was part of it, please let us know your experience/what you think.

    2) You can buy it for $39.99 in Guild Wars 2 style model where you won't have to pay a subscription fee. Yes, they do try to monetize through MTX and I'm assuming later expansion packs (if any) won't be free but in theory it's a $40 game with potentially a lot of content. Shrug.

    Anyway, given the work and $$ behind this, regardless of feelings about Amazon, Amazon Game Studios, Jeff Bezos, Jeff Bezos launching himself into space, etc., this game is worthy of a thread just due to the size of the launch out the gate. If it flops, it needs a thread. If it kills, it needs a thread.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™