1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Ewok

Posts by Ewok

  • Generic 3D Level Editor v0.2

    • Ewok
    • December 2, 2014 at 9:01 PM

    I think this is a fantastic idea; and something Unity sorely needs. I found modeling simple rooms and shapes in Blender a chore, especially when it comes to texturing. Sometimes I don't want to unwrap, and it'd be nice if I could just apply textures to a face like in Hammer, and be able to stretch geometry without the texture stretching with it.


    Rather than having a custom level file format, wouldn't it be better for the program to output a model in a few common formats? That way, you've got a truely generic and cross-engine level editor basically from the get-go with no implementation necessary.


    Either that, or you keep the custom level file format, and have an export function that can save the level in one of a handful common model formats.

  • Fk_Pipedream

    • Ewok
    • January 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

    Personally, I like the colours, I think they work very well together. I also enjoy the funky pipework.

    Quote from Freak

    What really doesn´t fit in this room are the rocks in my view...

    I think this is the most valid point so far, it's the one thing that stood out to me as well. Upon checking out the screens for some time, my mind just couldn't become accustomed to those rocks. Also, because the area is highly developed, it seems odd that there would be natural rock indoors.

    I must say though, I looked at the screenshots and immediately thought Mirror's Edge. Well done. I've also contemplated stuffing around with that style.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Ewok
    • January 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

    The point is, it wasn't DOF but tilt-shifting. So Hessi was off base to start with. Let's keep this argument going forever XD No, really, I'm just kidding.

    Pretty cool experiment Psy, I didn't even know you can do that in a game engine. Ignorance would probably be why. Mind you, that technique freaks me out on photos, looks cool though.

    popcornjake, cool scene, kind of has a Stalker aesthetic / vibe to it.

  • ns_machina

    • Ewok
    • December 29, 2008 at 6:35 PM

    I realize this is an old thread, but just had to share my appreciation for ns_hera. That was an awesome map, and by the looks of it, this one is as well.

    - Ewok

  • My f irst time at Zbrush.

    • Ewok
    • May 11, 2006 at 11:41 AM

    Looks really neat. Nice design.

    - Ewok

  • hessi's tree thread

    • Ewok
    • May 10, 2006 at 8:21 AM

    You've always been really good at making tree models Hessi. I enjoyed using them

    Posty's suggestion is really good, it always hate it when placing models that are perfectly flat at the bottom on uneven ground (which most terrain is). A root base is always prefered, can add to detail value too.

    - Ewok

  • Merry Christmas!

    • Ewok
    • December 24, 2005 at 11:01 PM

    Merry Christmas Mapcore p33ps and gam0r7. Good to see these forums last another year. Jesus rocks, God bless.

    - Ewok

  • Cliff textures. (DL and screens (alot))

    • Ewok
    • August 15, 2005 at 11:55 AM

    Yeah, that's great stuff. I really like the second display pics, very sexy, almost feels like I am at the Drakensburg again.

    - Ewok

  • whoa, when did I get 'promoted'?

    • Ewok
    • August 15, 2005 at 9:57 AM

    Yeah, about that, sorry Mojo, you made the right choice. I've been pretty pre-occupied with life this year and haven't had the time to to any real moderating. I should've spoke to you or Zaphod about that.

    Also, I see mapcore has no front page still, if you're keen, I can do the HTML code side of things (frontend, no crazy backend crap), if you want, we can work in cohesion to get something going.

    - Ewok

  • cs palmrich

    • Ewok
    • August 15, 2005 at 9:50 AM

    I think the map looks rather impressive, it does have a rather real world feel.

    The only things that seems to bother me is the fact that the cliffs seem rather low poly and unrealistic. At times it feels like what old maps in Half-Life 1 used to do, make like a wall box effect around maps. Kinda like DaanO said.

    Keep it up, it's coming on great.

    - Ewok

  • Hello all

    • Ewok
    • January 15, 2005 at 8:35 AM

    Hey Backslidder, welcome to mapcore.

    As far as I recall, Illa doesn't really hang around the core very much. Would be a nice addition but hey.

    - Ewok

  • Merry X-Moose

    • Ewok
    • December 25, 2004 at 9:00 AM

    Merry Christmas mapcore! It's been cool being around the core for another year. It reminds me of how old some of us are getting :-?

    Awesome season to celebrate the time Chirst was born as a gift to save the world. (For all the Christians out there).

    Also, have an awesome New Years as well peeps, I know I will. Later.

    Godbless,

    - Ewok

  • HL2 sales recap...how did you ACTUALLY buy your copy?

    • Ewok
    • December 15, 2004 at 6:49 PM

    Thanks Klein for clearing that up.

    Actually saw the diff ones at the shops here today. CE Retail blows abit in comparasion to the Steam GOLD. So next month in Jan when I start my new job I think I'll buy Steam GOLD and the retail box with Gordon on.

    GOLD better not be a limited offer, doubt it though, as they would want their other ports to go to the public. Meh, time.

    - Ewok

  • HL2 sales recap...how did you ACTUALLY buy your copy?

    • Ewok
    • December 9, 2004 at 9:33 PM

    Wait a sec. I'm confused. I want to buy it soon, but don't know how.

    I want GOLD because I want everything. But I saw Steam GOLD is the package without the hardcore copy of the game. Which totally sucks. I want the game hard copy and the goodies.

    I'm thinking of getting Steam GOLD and the retail box with Gordon on it (Is that the collectable?). Just like KFS. Or is there a GOLD package for retail, that has a hard copy of the game and the cool extra goodies?

    - Ewok

  • new 3D scene.. Angel Restaurant

    • Ewok
    • November 14, 2004 at 9:23 PM

    Heh, i've been waiting a long time JonM, for you to show your stuff once more. Since checking your skills on your website a long time ago i've been hoping that you would produce some work for mapcore's viewing pleasure and I must say great job!

    I like you choice in theme / style, just great.

    Keep it up.

    - Ewok

  • Time for things to change.

    • Ewok
    • November 14, 2004 at 9:06 PM

    I often think people should try actually reading and assorbing mapcore's current slogon.

    A GAME DESIGN COMMUNITY.

    Lets get serious people. EOT's there so people don't explode and gib into little pieces from keeping it in. The rest of mapcore, should maintain a professional and serious approach to game design, which I think, it's slowly loosing. I'm checking the WIP Level Gallery less and less nowdays.

    - Ewok

  • scary games

    • Ewok
    • October 29, 2004 at 10:01 PM

    Lol, thank you Taylor, I couldn't have put it any better myself. Silent Hill rules.

    - Ewok

  • co_sirius

    • Ewok
    • October 28, 2004 at 9:10 PM

    I actually didn't even know if this was the same guy that the stole work. Highly pathetic. I disagree with him being here then, but there being another 2 moderators I think it would be incorrect of me to make a decision on my own.

    Also, yeah, your lighting isn't THAT great, it's ok. Besides even if it was great, saying it's great is really making you a rater. No one likes self-proclaimation of greatness. On the other hand, the first shot is quite nice.

    - Ewok

  • Congrats to Zazi!

    • Ewok
    • October 28, 2004 at 8:39 PM

    Having known Zazi a bit and seeing him come this far is great.

    Congratulations sir, best of blesses for the future. I'm sure you put your time there to good use.

    - Ewok

  • Computahs for sale!!

    • Ewok
    • October 25, 2004 at 11:54 PM

    lol, owned.

    - Ewok

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™