1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. zaphod

Posts by zaphod

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 22, 2007 at 5:03 AM

    I'm planning on having a color slider for skin color so you can stop calling rev. sharpton.

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 22, 2007 at 1:31 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/racer10.png]

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 21, 2007 at 10:31 PM

    if you want it to be, then yes, it's watermelon on his head.

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 21, 2007 at 9:02 PM

    yep, sir hessi

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/racer09.png]

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 21, 2007 at 6:41 AM

    guess who's tutorial I used to adjust the camera setting to render it!

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 21, 2007 at 4:46 AM

    been back for a few weeks but I have been spending most of my time doing r&d and other not so glamorous work. Most recently me and my partner have been experimenting with the Unity engine to see if it might be a better option than rolling our own engine from various open source bits and pieces.

    I wish I had more hats and stuff, but all I have to offer is a skybox for spaghetti west:

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.googlepages.com/skybox.jpg]

  • Unity 2.0 released, get FarCry graphics in your browser

    • zaphod
    • October 16, 2007 at 5:32 PM

    I would still use it.

    <3 Macs

  • Unity 2.0 released, get FarCry graphics in your browser

    • zaphod
    • October 16, 2007 at 4:02 AM

    yup

  • Unity 2.0 released, get FarCry graphics in your browser

    • zaphod
    • October 16, 2007 at 2:21 AM

    check out this demo if you haven't already, most impressive demo imo

    http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/avert-fate

  • Unity 2.0 released, get FarCry graphics in your browser

    • zaphod
    • October 16, 2007 at 12:44 AM

    played with the editor for this when it first got released, it looks really nice. I'm going to try and get my karts running in it with my programmer buddy this week.

  • de_cityfever

    • zaphod
    • October 14, 2007 at 10:00 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.michael-z.info/images/stories/maps/de_cityfever/de_cityfever6_bigt.jpg]

    is this light model from bloodlines?

  • Innovative use of music in games

    • zaphod
    • October 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM

    thats the only reason I remembered it

  • UT3 Demo leaked early!!

    • zaphod
    • October 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM

    looks gaudy

  • Innovative use of music in games

    • zaphod
    • October 14, 2007 at 6:59 PM

    what about Rez

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez

  • 17th century plague doctor - texture pass

    • zaphod
    • October 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM

    looks awesome!!!!

  • totally random texture thread

    • zaphod
    • October 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

    looking good acumen! My only suggestion is that it looks a little dark.

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • September 27, 2007 at 6:44 AM

    yea, that one has a lot of character.

    I'm leaving for a long overdue vacation at the end of this week, so there wont be any updates for a while.

  • September's Mini Contest - Go Kart

    • zaphod
    • September 26, 2007 at 11:25 PM

    dramacore

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • September 26, 2007 at 8:46 PM

    then what would I do!

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • September 26, 2007 at 8:06 PM

    there are literally a million cool ones you could make. Some ones I have slated:

    * big military general hat like this: http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/So ... al_Hat.jpg

    * full metal jacket style soldier helmet with flowers/peace sign

    * old school big metal dive helmet

    * some cutsey animal style ones like this: http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2007/ ... d_frog.jpg

    frog, panda, etc

    * jester hat

    * knight helm

    * tiki mask like this: http://www.rattanparadise.com/tikimask.jpg

    really there is no plan though, I just sit down to do one and pick something that sounds good at the moment.

    had a work session last night, we spent more time tweaking the vehicle physics model and actually got it driving around half way "kart-ish". Spent a good amount of time studying mario kart and trackmania for what to add next (acceleration curve, camera system ideas). Once we got the kart driving somewhat I realized the western level needs to be about 4 times as large as I had guessed to not feel cramped driving on it, so I have some work to do re-scaling a lot of props and the mine in particular to look appropriate at the new scale. I probably need to re-create a couple textures at a higher-resolution as well.

    If work continues at a good pace I am thinking about starting some kind of development blog since there is a lot more going on besides WIP models.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™