1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. zaphod

Posts by zaphod

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 10:46 PM

    ah, I see what you mean

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 10:01 PM

    yea that wasnt even a render, just a screenshot for this thread

  • HDR Skybox generator

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 7:51 PM

    did you try loading one if the ones it came with and hitting the render cubemap button?

  • HDR Skybox generator

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 7:13 PM

    I've been playing with this tool I found on devbump this morning, it's pretty awesome. There are a ton of different options to adjust. I would reccomend importing some of the presets that come installed.

    http://www.devbump.com/story.php?title= ... ke_skies-1

  • Promises in Crysis

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 6:46 PM

    The big difference seems to be the lack of self shadowing in the demo screenshot. The first shot looks so impressive because all the vegetation is casting shadows.

  • Promises in Crysis

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 6:28 PM

    hp, is that image part of a larger article or did you just make it? It would be interesting to get a link to the article if there is one.

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • November 6, 2007 at 7:22 AM

    too tired to make any kind of render for this one, screenshotted from maya viewport!

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/kart3.png]

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • zaphod
    • November 3, 2007 at 7:10 PM

    ahahaah http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/13/twili ... nge-poses/

    I put this on dig if you guys wanna help spread it and see more more cool stuff made out of this:

    http://digg.com/pc_games/Take_a_3d_scre ... tX_PC_game

  • devbump.com opens it's doors

    • zaphod
    • November 3, 2007 at 4:53 PM

    Just added a new category, tools / resources - so if you know of any useful stuff other developers might not know about, feel free to post them on devbump.

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • zaphod
    • November 2, 2007 at 4:09 PM

    the only emulator I have seen as confirmed working is the dolphin gamecube emulator.

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • zaphod
    • November 1, 2007 at 11:49 PM

    unfortunately the .obj's is saves off are all distorted becuase of not having teh correct fov, with the max plugin you can set the fov and it corrects the mesh, but I don't have max : /

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • zaphod
    • November 1, 2007 at 9:41 PM

    someone already ripped something out of crysis:

    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ost4749433

    someone else privately showed me a demo using unity of a guy running around a super mario sunshine level ripped from a gamecube emulator.

    Using vista I haven't been able to get it to work so far, the game keeps crashing when I try to launch it through the tool.

  • THIS IS SICK! 3DRipperDX

    • zaphod
    • November 1, 2007 at 5:33 PM

    this blew my mind.

    I put it on devbump

    *edit*

    there are some crazy game mash-ups potential using this thing . . . I have already seen someone mention putting Ironforge or Stormwind from WoW into SecondLife or something similar . . . what kinds of crazy stuff could you do? Are we gonna start seeing some crazily other-game-themed HL2 maps?

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 28, 2007 at 11:27 PM

    red I guess But the hope is that you will be able to change it to whatever color you want in the game.

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/kart2.png]

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 28, 2007 at 5:16 PM

    I think you mean the ford gt40 http://www.mgussin.freeuk.com/plans/FordGT40-6.jpg

    this is the ref pic I was using for this one:

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.googlepages.com/blue.jpg]

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 28, 2007 at 3:45 AM

    no hats this time, I wanted to try and make 2 new karts this weekend, but I think I'm only going to manage 1. I got this one modeled and mapped, hoping to get the texture squared away tomorrow.

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.googlepages.com/kart2.jpg]

  • Will Wright: Games are not stories

    • zaphod
    • October 26, 2007 at 9:01 PM

    another story with pretty much the opposite viewpoint: http://devbump.com/story.php?title=Game ... orytelling

  • Will Wright: Games are not stories

    • zaphod
    • October 26, 2007 at 5:17 AM

    There was some interesting discussion on devbump about Will Wright's BAFTA speech. What do you think?

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 24, 2007 at 7:49 PM

    already posted a viking earlier:

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/racer02.png]

    chef is a good idea though.

    By the way there wont be any updates until the city lets me back into my neighborhood, I am evacuated at the moment.

  • go-kart model

    • zaphod
    • October 24, 2007 at 5:52 PM

    I'm not expecting repeating textures to be very noticeable when people are zooming by at high speed. I continue to tweak and improve on stuff as we try an implement things and look at it longer. The tracks in particular will probably be tweaked a lot once the driving model is finished and I can drive through them. I'm happy with the direction things are going though.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™