1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. theiggsta

Posts by theiggsta

  • Servers and routers

    • theiggsta
    • September 23, 2005 at 8:06 AM

    At the very top, that's a D-Link router.

    Below that is a... looks like 16 port switch with two empty link ports.

    Below that is a series of Sun appliance servers, not sure why they're using one as a firewall, guess they like software versions better than hardware.

    All the way at the bottom is another 16 port switch, not sure why they couldn't just upgrade to a 40 port, guess they use the top one for server traffic and the bottom for local traffic.

    The last thing is a fiber optic switch, probably being used for high speed uplinks between departments. However, only one port is actually being used, which is rather peculiar...

  • Ock!

    • theiggsta
    • September 20, 2005 at 8:20 AM

    Nice work Mino!

  • Can somebody spare me a dime? (more like 136,640 dimes)

    • theiggsta
    • September 19, 2005 at 10:58 AM

    What an overpriced piece of shit, lol $13k for that? I could configure a cheaper rackmount for $4,200..

    Still wouldn't toss you a dime though.

  • Almost been a year...

    • theiggsta
    • August 25, 2005 at 11:22 AM

    Yay frie!

  • Job Stuff

    • theiggsta
    • August 22, 2005 at 5:46 PM

    Well so much for that, I just got another e-mail from HR that tells me I don't have the job. Miscommunication sucks, but I will keep in contact about the internship.

    Oh well, better luck next time maybe

  • Job Stuff

    • theiggsta
    • August 21, 2005 at 8:28 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    I can't work out what the logo is meant to be, looks like a retarted seal

    Its a gerbil!

  • Job Stuff

    • theiggsta
    • August 21, 2005 at 3:59 AM

    Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing Europe and spending time in the games industry some more.

    Still shocked though, I guess persistence pays off in the end.

  • Quake 3 Source Code Released!

    • theiggsta
    • August 20, 2005 at 9:26 AM

    GO GET IT BITCHES!!!

    http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... source.zip

  • Job Stuff

    • theiggsta
    • August 17, 2005 at 2:48 AM

    Since everyone else is getting jobs at game companies, I went and got one too. Been working on getting a Quality Assurance Internship at Streamline Studios for some time and I finally got hired. It will take a lot of paperwork, but I'll be over there eventually.

    Now I must visit all the Europe Mapcore people one by one!

    http://www.streamline-studios.com for more info~

  • Arbogast

    • theiggsta
    • August 2, 2005 at 6:22 PM

    Damn what a nice map!

  • Got job

    • theiggsta
    • July 18, 2005 at 6:08 AM

    Congrats!

  • 25 Most Influencial Games

    • theiggsta
    • June 26, 2005 at 4:08 PM

    I'll start working on one, I thought BB did a superb job on his, but I couldn't find enough photos for the games that influenced me. Time to go on a massive Google search!

  • Rumor: EA moving empire to Florida. What? Can't be true...

    • theiggsta
    • June 2, 2005 at 12:13 PM

    Florida does have cheap wages, but the cost of living depends on where you go now. Mainly the middle of bumfuck nowhere in FL is cheaper, but going anywhere near Orlando, Miami/Lauderdale, Tampa means expensive housing unless you move into a really bad neighborhood. Guess EA wants the tax breaks, there's quite a few given out like candy by bushes little brother.

    Thank god I'm moving out of this dump soon, FL is boring. D:

  • Not going to e3? Check the photos!

    • theiggsta
    • May 11, 2005 at 8:59 PM

    I just ran across this Flickr photo pool for E3 photos. I'll be subscribing to the feed so I can keep up with all the photos that will eventually flood it.

    http://flickr.com/groups/e3_2005/

    PS: In un-related news, mapcore.com will soon be pointing to mapcore.net!

  • It's official!

    • theiggsta
    • May 2, 2005 at 6:09 PM

    Congrats Zazi! *donce donce*

  • Gameplay Experiments

    • theiggsta
    • May 2, 2005 at 5:42 PM

    A friend of mine posted this site to IRC and I've been hooked on it since. The concept behind this site run by a few college students, is to make 50 to 100 games before the semester is over.

    Each game has to meet a specific criteria as well. It has to be built within 7 days. Only one person can work on the game, this means he must do the programming, art, concept, etc all by himself. Each game must also use a different "toy" as they call it, such as gravity, vegetation, behaviours, etc. This combination of criteria makes for some interesting results.

    Also included with many of the games is a "postmortem", which is a retrospective of the experiment. Detailing what went wrong and right along with concept art and other information about how they went about building it.

    Overall most of the games are addicting as hell and I'd advise anyone wanting to educate themselves on gameplay concepts to check out this site and possibly try this method as an exercise to learn.

    Experimental Gameplay Project

    Enjoy folks

  • Getting textures to tile.

    • theiggsta
    • April 25, 2005 at 5:49 AM

    nicely done mike!

  • The Gearbox Trip to Six Flags

    • theiggsta
    • April 25, 2005 at 3:52 AM

    OMG DONT FALL OFF THE ROCKS MIKEY!!!

  • New Quake4 shot

    • theiggsta
    • April 19, 2005 at 7:29 PM

    I still view Doom3 as shiny plastic dolls running at me with guns because they over-use the glow/spec effects so much on... EVERYTHING! Haven't they heard of proper normal maps?

  • ECTS & GDCE cancelled

    • theiggsta
    • April 19, 2005 at 7:27 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Full story here:

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/08 ... 21949.html

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™