1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Anyone tried UT2004 yet?

    • DD
    • February 13, 2004 at 1:34 AM

    no surprise there... just look at ut2k3, u2, u2 mp expansion...

  • the Quran code!!!!

    • DD
    • February 12, 2004 at 8:51 AM

    My parents who were created by their parents and so on and so fourth following a chain of evolution that leads to single cell organisms. Anyways... you have your beliefs, I have my facts. I just ask that you keep your religious ideas to yourself, and I will not point out the idiocies of your religion.

  • the Quran code!!!!

    • DD
    • February 11, 2004 at 1:59 AM

    No its not, if I created a pizza I created it. Regardless of whether the pizza knows I baked it or not.

    And those are you beliefs in god, I don't follow stupid unproven beliefs blindly. And still the question remains.. if god created all, including time, then what created god?

  • hmm

    • DD
    • February 10, 2004 at 5:48 AM
    Quote from Urban

    that was my plan after hearing this...

    Wow, that is quite humorous. I wonder how I could have ever overlooked that.

  • the Quran code!!!!

    • DD
    • February 10, 2004 at 5:44 AM
    Quote

    The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." Such are corrupt; they do abominable deeds; there is not one who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there be one who is wise and seeks God. All alike have gone astray.... [Psalm 14:1-3]

    Heh... I don't believe in god or I am unsure of it's(gods) existance with my mind not my heart. Yet I do good. I wonder how these guys knew me from centuries ago and could assume I am a bad person because I don't believe in god. If god satisfies your belief that it(god) created all the we know... then what satisfies the fact of god's creation? (Reworded: If god created all, how was god created?) Humans need a solution for what seems unsolutable, but just claiming everything was done by a higher being is plain stupid.

    I also like how through-out this totally credible site they use bible(s) to prove the bible.

    Quote

    1.Chapter 3 is to contain exactly 532 of the letter `S'.2.Chapter 8 is to contain exactly 209 B's, and 779 T's.3.Chapter 6 is to contain exactly 133 of the letter combination `ING.'4.And the total number of sentences must be exactly 57,152.

    WTF... Omg, if you count all the A's in this post it adds up to 84.9 and if you divide it by 8 and add the number of B's and count how many times allah is mention find its first prime number and factor it by 22 you get 19 - 2. THEREFORE GOD EXISTS !!!!

    Quote

    No human being(s) could have kept track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God," and the numbers of verses where they occur.

    I could, I guess they're just stupid.

    I'm tired of reading the website... lots of bullshit, too much straying from the fact and rambling. Nice try, but no, that is not proof, nor miraculous.

  • hmm

    • DD
    • February 9, 2004 at 4:24 AM

    Two wrongs don't make a right or something. And the only people who have the right to steal from crytek by that logic are those who had software stolen, which you are not.

  • Household Death

    • DD
    • February 8, 2004 at 10:21 PM

    Have you even tried HHD? Everyone I've talked to who has actually played it love the fun factor and general quality.

    But I can tell you one thing, I tried Hostile Intent and I gotta say, and pretty much everyone else has said, it sucks ass. Specially for how many years, people have worked on it.

    HHD death was worked on for about 2 months by primarily 3 people. Anyways, your entitled to your opinion, just keep it to yourself unless you can back it with some clear logic, kthx.

  • N.K. Death Camps

    • DD
    • February 6, 2004 at 7:42 AM

    I think we should fix our own problems first then go kick some NK dictator ass. A economics doctor spoke in one of my classes today about the US debt and spending. We went from a surplus to a 7,000,000,000,000 debt after Bush, no including fee's such as war, social security, medical, pay as we go fee's. We now make less money then we spend. Means every U.S. citizen is in debt about 100,000 and going up indirectly. We can end up like Russia/Mexico/etc. ~

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • February 5, 2004 at 3:12 AM

    You started it! :x Seriously good luck with your mod, even though your views on some of the best games anger me. Try to consider the fact that most sims and "most realistic mod ever" mods almosts always suck. Find out what sucks about them, and fix it! Good luck.

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • February 4, 2004 at 4:21 PM
    Quote from mawibse

    Creative and “creative idea” is significantly different.

    No, they're not. All creative actions are creative ideas. You lose.

    Quote

    Really? One would think that publishers know that 95% of all “creative ideas” not translate into fun and therefore is crap and will sell as good as DD’s dictionary.

    Publishers don't really know shit, thats why most developers hate them. And you still refuse to realize all the best games have been creative one. Congrats, you're an idiot.

    Quote from DD

    … the games know better? And I’m ignorant? You do know that ignorant means showing lack of education or knowledge right?

    Yes, you have a lack of knowledge about what makes games fun. You lose. Good luck with your little mod, sounds like its going to suck. :wink:

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • February 4, 2004 at 2:40 AM
    Quote from mawibse

    ID makes Doom]I[ one of the more anticipated games this year, tell me what the "creative idea" behind that one is?

    Take a look at doom 1. It's a very creative game, it helped forge and popularize the fps genre. Where else do you see flying demon heads with lasers attached to them? Making sequels of creative games counts as being creative. see Mario series, Zelda, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, ..., etc. You lose.

    Quote

    Valve makes HL2 one of the more anticipated games this year, tell me what the "creative idea" behind that one is?

    It's based off Half-life, one of the best fps of all time in the eyes of many. Half-life is about a strange scientist, Gordan Freemans, trip to the black mesa where bizarre expirements results in disater where aliens cross dimensions to cause havoc. Tell me what in your right mind makes you think this isn't a creative idea? While it it heavily affected by the ideas of others, its still creative. You lose.

    Quote

    Dice makes Battlefield Vietnam one of the more anticipated games this year, tell me what the "creative idea" behind that one is?

    It is? I never thought it was. Looks damn sexy though, and if its anything like B42 its creative in tons of gameplay ideas. Why do you think B42 is so fun and people take so many ideas from them now? They did take ideas from others as well, but B42 is remarkable when it comes to online gameplay fun factor. You lose.

    Quote

    Polyphony Digital's makes Gran Turismo 4 one of the more anticipated games this year, tell me what the "creative idea" behind that one is?

    It's a most anticipated game? If anytihng its because it looks photo realistic. They do have unique ideas in bringing tons of real world cars that are supposed to handle much what you would think they would or actually would. You lose.

    Quote

    Gearb... Bungie is making Halo 2 one of the more anticipated games this year, tell me what the "creative idea" behind that one is?

    See Halo 1. You lose.

    Quote

    Oddly enough, it seems those considered the best game designers in the world don't think a "creative idea" is enough to make a successful game.

    See "the sims" series. The highest grossing PC game EVER. See Sim City. See Black & White, see Mario Series, Zelda, Grand Theft Auto,.... etc. Very creative ideas sell, publishers just aren't willing to risk new ideas most of the time. Thats not to say well thought out game design and features are not appreciated on existing genres.


    So yes, all these games you mention do know better and are not ignorant such as yourself. They are all VERY CREATIVE games.

    Quote

    Uhm, ID and Valve is controlled by their publishers?

    They're both idependent developers. They just have publishers to.. publish.

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • February 3, 2004 at 3:12 AM
    Quote from mawibse

    CREATIVE IDEA != FUN :roll:

    Wow you are so ignorant. A mod/game is doomed to failure with your beliefs in game design.

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • February 1, 2004 at 8:45 AM
    Quote

    Not sure where I ever said that CS is realistic? Not sure where anyone ever said that? You can say CS is more realistic than Q3 but that it's realistic, naah.

    Quote

    And it might be you’re and DD's (and lots of others) idea that CS is fun is because it's unrealistic, but it's not mine.

    Quote

    I can't, FUBAR Ops aint ready yet.

    Exactly, you can't name a single good fun simulation game. The does say a lot how FUBAR will turn out.

    Quote

    Uhm? Let's see, what would a gamedeveloper compare a new game/mod to??? Oh, perhaps OTHER EXISTING GAMES!! :roll:

    That had nothing to do with my point, try reading again.

    Quote

    ... If you have to shoot 30 shots before you manage to kill someone in CS I can understand why you hate it...

    I usually take about 3-15 shots, or about 3 bursts. I never said I hate cs. Please don't speak in my name.

    Anyways, I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to help. SIMS and games that try to be as realistic as possible generally are not fun. I can't think of a single SIM fps which I consider fun. Operation Flashpoint was neat... but soon got boring and its still not quite a SIM.

  • Weapons of Mass Destruction...

    • DD
    • February 1, 2004 at 8:33 AM

    URBAN, stfu. People will say anything to win an election, even republicans. BTW, if republicans win this next election they will control legislative, executive, and judiciary branches of government, its called a Monoarchy in my book. Scary, and with Bush leading it all if he wins, which he will since he was elected the primary by 89%, other 13%, its even more scary. Possible wars with N. Korea, etc.

    So I'll vote democrat even if I don't like the best lead.

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • January 31, 2004 at 1:32 AM
    Quote

    CS is fun because it got great timing and balance and lots of immersion.

    It's only balanced because its unreal. I'm not sure what you mean about timing, but if you mean gameplay timing, like the way CT's and T's will pop into aztec's main battle area at approx. the same time, and many other maps, thats not realistic either.

    Quote

    REAL != FUN.....K Taylor and DD tell you what, there are different kinds of people! *gasp*Yeah, and there is a whole line of games that sells under the name of "simulations" and some actually buy them!

    Name a single great fun SIMULATION fps and/or third person.

    Quote

    Compare it too a good movie,

    Never compare games to movies when it comes to gameplay, I will kill you a thousand times. Yes immersion is important to a game, very, but don't compare it to a movie, compare it to a really good immersive video game.

    Quote

    And about asking a game designer, guess what they would have told Cliffe and Goose when they started on CS. Yepp, not a chance in hell that many players would play a game where you’d move slow, die easily, and had to wait out the round if you where killed.

    You really don't move slow in CS, its ridiculously unreal how fast you move, but slow compared to quake. Considering you can take about 15-25 shots to the lefts and arms and chest before dieing, I wouldn't say die easily. CS you always had to wait rounds. So yes, if you asked Goose to change features in CS, which mostly was there in the very early version, I guarantee they would agree, since they made the decisions for the current version and past.

    And so I must again say, REAL != FUN. Try to argue it all you want, but you will fail.

  • New Hammre LOGO! YAAAS!

    • DD
    • January 30, 2004 at 9:01 AM

    Meh. Takes ze look:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.wavebot.net/~dd/files/hammreico.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.wavebot.net/~dd/files/hammrelogo.jpg]

    You don't have to like it, but I think its an improvement. Easier on my eyes.

    http://%7boption%7d

    WINDOWS XP ONLY. PFF.

  • FUBAR Ops

    • DD
    • January 30, 2004 at 3:15 AM

    Ay Taylor. You speak the truth. REAL != FUN. Read any magazine, book, or talk to anyone who knows about game design, not even a lot about game design, they'll tell you that REAL isn't FUN.

  • New Hammre LOGO! YAAAS!

    • DD
    • January 29, 2004 at 9:03 AM

    I'm tired of the crappy old hammer icon. I replace it!!!

    Heres wip from AI:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blackened-interactive.com/hhd/images/hammer.jpg]

    Ya like? I'll format and make the windows xp icon tomorrow, I be too sleepeh now.

  • DD's Story: Involves woman that does "erotic films&quot

    • DD
    • January 29, 2004 at 2:25 AM

    *takes note*

  • DD's Story: Involves woman that does "erotic films&quot

    • DD
    • January 28, 2004 at 4:39 AM

    So I work for a company that does real estate and incorporations, and I produce websites for this company. Anyways, I was working on some websites today, as usual, when this pretty hot chick comes in for an incorporation. At first she says she does art, books, and has a website. So I'm thinking, wow, hot and smart.

    Anyways, time goes along and I'm working on entering websites into pay-per-click search engines. I was working on a site called pocketflier. I've been using computers my whole life, I'm in my third year of computer science at UNLV, I log at least an hour of web time a day on average, and I have never heard of pocketflier. Well I enter a keyword suggestion tool for some real estate site in South Carolina and "South African Safari" results at #1. I'm thinking, this is funny, a search engine we pay to help produce good results does this, so I mention it to my co-worker.

    During this time I overhear this hot chick say quietly, "oh.. and I do adult erotic films and some websites as well." Like as if she forgot she's a blazing hot chick that does PORN. I'm sure she makes her own websites as well... as if. Anyways, heh, she over hears me mention the search engine results to my co-worker and asks, "oh what search engine?"

    I explained what it was for and said, "you've probably never heard of it, its called pocketflier." I wasn't trying talk down to her, but I guess this blew her whistle. She goes, "Oh no, sorry no, excuse me, but I know what I'm talking about, I use mozilla, I don't use Internet Explorer." I didn't laugh, but It was so hard not to, she kept going on about this a bit, then I explained to her that I wasn't trying to be rude, and that I've been using computers my entire life and have never heard pocketflier.

    She soon got over it and he face returned to normal from the color of a red mozilla dragon. Anyways, thats my story, hope you find it funny. Sorry it wasn't more exciting since it involved a chick that does porn, but no, thats it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™