1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DD

Posts by DD

  • Mikey, Dorian (DD), and Nate's Nature SAFARI ADVENTURE

    • DD
    • August 14, 2004 at 2:32 AM

    More safari!

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Mikey, Dorian (DD), and Nate's Nature SAFARI ADVENTURE

    • DD
    • August 13, 2004 at 2:48 PM

    They both have awesome $999 cameras and I hate them for it. My camera sucks Here some photos from a few weeks ago, a pretty cool lake thingy with industrial stuff. Obviously my shots aren't as good because I don't have an awesome best evr camera like the others.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Doom 3 Mapping!

    • DD
    • August 9, 2004 at 6:22 AM

    The brush work is for undetailed stuff, flat walls on 90 degree planes, floors, ceilings. Patches for pipes, curves, etc, EVERYWHERE! Models for computers, lots of animated tech stuff, doors, door trim, chairs, arcade machines. It's awesome.

    Here are some wip pic's. I'm going for a clean simple look, and now its more simple than it should because I haven't added any models yet, such as lights, barels, door frames, blah. Also I'm abusing patches because I can!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/images/actuallylite01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/images/actuallylite02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/images/actuallylite03.jpg]

    I'm calling it "actually lite" right now, since the current official d3 mp maps don't appear to have any lights. It also has things that mp maps should have like large hallways, high ceilings, and lights strong enough to see other players.

  • What do you think of Doom 3?

    • DD
    • August 9, 2004 at 6:00 AM

    Zyndrom your opinion is WRONG.

  • Doom 3

    • DD
    • August 7, 2004 at 12:27 AM

    I agree with mazy. I've told myself I wish I could hold the gun & flashlight, but only because I'm a big vagina. It would ruin the fun and fear to have it out, not have to switch to a gun and run. Although it would be neat to have playing through doom a second time... I'm still working on the first.

  • Doom 3 Mapping!

    • DD
    • August 5, 2004 at 9:15 PM
    Quote from Tequila

    Bring down the console in game and simply type "editor". I'd run the game in windowed mode for when you do this though otherwise it seems to fuck up.DD, I feel exactly the same way. Any way to get the viewports to look more like Hammer? Plus the camera, which is a bitch to control... surely there must be some way to change it to be more like Hammer/GTK Radiant.

    Under view or viewport drop down menu you should see a sub menu called toggle. Toggle on the different viewports & adjust. They might open behind other windows. You can fly around in a really lame way by right clicking and also verticle and strafe by ctrl right clicking. Still sucks, I want noclip style!

  • mp_warhead

    • DD
    • August 5, 2004 at 9:12 PM

    Looks good! I hope its a small map, all the farcry mp maps are too big! Can't do simple 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 and have fun.

  • Can you predict week 1 North American Doom 3 sales?

    • DD
    • August 5, 2004 at 9:08 PM

    Izuno could you get sales information on like the top 10 or 20 selling games of all time? I tried to find one via good the other day and most lists confirm SMB, Tetris, SMB3 as the top 3. Confirm it plz

  • Doom 3 Mapping!

    • DD
    • August 5, 2004 at 6:50 AM

    I was fapping around in doom 3 editor tonight and it's pretty neato! My big complaint has to be that 3d viewport movements blow ass compared to hammer and UED. Anyone with xp in radiant that knows a good way to customize the 3d viewport movement keys? I'd like to be able to mouselook, move forward backward with w/s and strafe with a/d. Somehow I doubt this is possible because the 3d viewport sucks ass but it's worth a shot.

  • Doom 3

    • DD
    • August 4, 2004 at 5:09 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thedd.net/images/doom3box.jpg]

    You may hate me.

  • Brothers in Arms, I heard it through the grapevine.

    • DD
    • August 1, 2004 at 6:33 AM

    Stalker looks pretty, but the gameplay in the videos looks to be very... dry. Of course it's hard to tell, but from what I saw it looks like a game where you run around until you see a monster, then you run backwards while shooting at it with a semi-automatic sniper rifle.

  • Post pics of where you sit all day

    • DD
    • July 30, 2004 at 11:50 PM

    I have that same monitor here, just I only have one.

  • Brothers in Arms, I heard it through the grapevine.

    • DD
    • July 30, 2004 at 11:44 PM

    I'd agree that our game is delayed but we never announced an official date. Although unofficial statements have been said. And yes they are working us like mice.

  • (Help) Changing Model Opacity's in HL

    • DD
    • July 30, 2004 at 5:41 AM

    You can make select textures additive by using a qc file command.

    Code
    $texrendermode "filename.bmp" "additive"

    I placed this line just before the $bodygroup. You will also need valves latest release of studiomdl.exe.

    http://%7boption%7d

    Here's some more information for other effects: http://%7boption%7d

    Good luck... fgt. :wink:

  • SpongeBob ... with a twist~!

    • DD
    • July 30, 2004 at 5:36 AM

    Let me speak those words for you, THIS IS LAME BEYOND ANY STAR TREK CONVENTION ON EARTH! Weed was only funny when... wait... no it never was.

  • TKO Software hiring a level designer

    • DD
    • July 30, 2004 at 5:31 AM

    ewwwwwww MOH! EWWWWW EA IS PUBLISHER!!! EWWW!!!!!!121ONE!1! I'd still take the job if I wasn't working with gbx though.

  • X800 XT or Geforce 6800 Ultra?

    • DD
    • July 19, 2004 at 10:03 PM

    The 6800 requires like three power supplies and a mule attached to a wheel producing electricity to run. Scary stuff.

  • mapcore.net almost ready to open it's doors

    • DD
    • July 17, 2004 at 7:39 PM

    And source engine! Someone contact valve and request source hammer editor NOW!!

  • Major League Online CS Mapping Contest

    • DD
    • July 17, 2004 at 7:35 PM

    Ok... change the contest to a better engine and new mod, k go go go! Oh and more cash.

  • mapcore.net almost ready to open it's doors

    • DD
    • July 16, 2004 at 2:14 PM

    Can this website handle the traffic!? Some time it slows down with just us using it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™