1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Duff-e
    • September 1, 2006 at 3:23 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9899/italypics138to7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7094/italypics194yh4.jpg]

    went to Italy for like a month and met up with a bunch of americans in our hotel. we acted like assholes the whole time...it was great.

  • Your username/nick

    • Duff-e
    • September 1, 2006 at 3:15 PM

    I got tired of using the name "duffy" in counterstrike and wanted to spice it up a bit. Looked at the periodic table of elements....chose actinium...changed the a to an o and behold octinium. I still use that name in game to this day...even though almost none of you know me by it cause I was always on IRC as duffy.

    the anti-cheat I wrote was also called octinium....google it bishes..like a hot 20 pages of an original word I created. Makes you feel special

  • The tenth dimension

    • Duff-e
    • September 1, 2006 at 3:13 PM

    didn't read elegant universe but watched the series on NOVA....I know I can amazon it but I'm trying to test my memory....brain greene?

    anyway I think all this stuff is facinating....the one thing I thought cool was when they were talking about leaning against a wall for like a million years (assuming we lived that long). eventually one of the infinite dimensions would have different physics and in your world you would just fall through the wall.

    something like that I think

  • The tenth dimension

    • Duff-e
    • September 1, 2006 at 7:24 AM

    i liked the fact that they called the 2 dimensional people flatlanders

    flatland = best book ever pick it up if you havent read it already....70 pages.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Duff-e
    • September 1, 2006 at 7:21 AM

    yankees = from the bronx

    thugs = from the bronx

    one could argue that the mets are equally thugging...since they're in Corona...but then again the Bronx has the "ooh the Bronx is dangerous" thing going for it.....where as Queens is no big deal. Basically Queens has spanish people and the Bronx has blacks.

    But I'm not ethnically stereotyping or anything.

  • Channelstats.

    • Duff-e
    • August 25, 2006 at 1:49 PM

    Rick_G has quite a potty mouth. 6.6% words were foul language.

    For example, like this:

    FUCK YOU nice man

    ........i laughed

  • Why do you do this?

    • Duff-e
    • August 20, 2006 at 2:28 AM

    truth @ twiz.com

  • Linux

    • Duff-e
    • August 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM

    yeah go drink..trust me it will save you a lot of grief when you're 18

    plus you'll get laid

  • Linux

    • Duff-e
    • August 13, 2006 at 9:55 PM

    I'll switch to linux the day that I can't get every version of windows from home to corporate for free.

    Until that day I will enjoy the mainstream luxuries of windows.

  • realtime fluids

    • Duff-e
    • August 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM

    how do you get it to work....it wont move

  • Linux

    • Duff-e
    • August 11, 2006 at 9:35 PM

    whatever...lets just put it this way

    windows + firefox = my mom hasn't gotten a virus or spyware yet...and she has no idea what the fuck shes doing.

  • Linux

    • Duff-e
    • August 11, 2006 at 7:56 AM

    heh...wine

    not feeling that too much...the games I did manage to get working on wine got like 20 fps where they normally got 80 in windows. i agree that there are a lot of interesting games that run on linux...that being said you wont be able to play 95% of newly released games. Coded well or not I still want to be able to play the latest games.

    seriously though there are a lot of innovative puzzle/thinking/independent types games that I can't badmouth. you CAN stay entertained on a linux machine...but call me stubborn I want to play battlefield 2.

    I'd rather just have a mac as an alternative to windows. At least that has warcraft.

  • Linux

    • Duff-e
    • August 9, 2006 at 3:34 PM

    i've used redhat gentoo mandrake and some other kind that I can't remember the name of but runs off of a CD. edit: (knoppix?)

    linux is only interesting cause it's something new to learn...once you understand the basic idea and know how to do stuff it's like "ok thats great...now I can't do anything but play tux racer and surf the internet." unless you're running a server or are some kind of elite hacker I think it's just a bragging tool

    oh and getting wireless to work on a laptop is annoying.

  • So my brother was in New York...

    • Duff-e
    • August 8, 2006 at 6:26 AM

    aahahaha thats awesome

    <3 nyc

    Quote

    BUSINESS/FINANCIAL DESKMEDIA TALK; Public Hath No Fury, Even When Deceived

    By JULIE BOSMAN (NYT) 439 words

    Published: July 24, 2006

    It was the pitch-perfect vengeful Dear John letter, blown up on a billboard in the middle of Manhattan by a furious and apparently deep-pocketed spouse.

    ''Hi Steven,'' it began, cheerily enough. ''Do I have your attention now? I know all about her, you dirty, sneaky, immoral, unfaithful, poorly endowed slimeball. Everything's caught on tape. Your (soon-to-be-ex) Wife, Emily.''

    The billboard created interest, and not just from an unfaithful Steven. A booking agent from ''Good Morning America'' sent an e-mail to Emily inviting her on the show. British Glamour wanted to make her the subject of a feature article.

    But when pictures of the billboard proliferated on Gawker, Defamer and other blogs, readers quickly dug in. One fact soon emerged, thanks to camera phone pictures: the billboard was identical to others in Brooklyn, Los Angeles and Chicago. Someone else discovered that Emily was keeping a blog, thatgirlemily.blogspot.com, detailing Steven's infidelities. More digging showed that one Emily blog entry was oddly similar to a synopsis for an episode of ''Parco P.I.," a reality show on Court TV.

    Another ''source'' sent an e-mail to Gawker suggesting that Court TV was behind the signs, pointing out that it was a viral marketing campaign to promote one of its programs. Mystery solved.

    The bad news for viral marketers who use these kind of devices: executives at Court TV said they did not really want to be discovered so quickly. The good news is that even after the ruse was discovered, people visited the Emily blog, pushing it to one million hits by the end of Thursday. A fake surveillance video on the blog, supposedly from a private eye capturing Steven holding hands with his paramour, hit YouTube and became one of its most-viewed videos. Did it even matter that Emily was fictitious?

    ''Emily is really an amalgam of all of us who have been cheated on,'' said Marc Juris, general manager for programming and marketing at Court TV. ''Clearly, this really resonated with people.''

    Whether it resonates into higher ratings for ''Parco P.I.'' is another matter. The ''Emily'' ruse was originally intended to be a stunt to help promote the start of the show's new season on Aug. 15, but Court TV's marketing group liked the idea so much that they made it a large part of the campaign. The second phase -- ads for the show to be stamped over the original billboards -- was to start next Monday, but Court TV moved it up to July 26 after all the attention.

    Mr. Juris was still marveling: ''It's like a flash investigation took place, and within 24 hours we were busted.'' JULIE BOSMAN

    Photo: A Court TV billboard with the outraged letter on Seventh Avenue in Manhattan. (Photo by Sara Krulwich/The New York Times)

    Display More

    i would have just linked to the ny times article but it was times select

  • MySpace

    • Duff-e
    • August 8, 2006 at 12:46 AM

    oh yeah http://www.myspace.com/dduffy

  • MySpace

    • Duff-e
    • August 7, 2006 at 8:19 PM

    dont be faggots....there are plenty of normal people with myspaces

    xanga is one thing.

    myspace is just a social tool.

    <3 duffy

    edit: Tom I'm gonna friend you cause I like your style (and so I can make the moves on your GF). But seriously props to TWTW for being all up in that.

  • the german TV is fucked up

    • Duff-e
    • July 21, 2006 at 10:56 PM

    theres no right answer, there just has to be a balance. you cant have porn playing on day time public television just like you cant expect everyone to watch informational documentaries. it's a little common sense and a little preventative care.

  • I enjoy traveling!!!

    • Duff-e
    • July 21, 2006 at 4:46 AM

    heyo it's duffy

    i just got back from italy/amsterdam and was just curious....would anyone be willing to put me up in their house/apartment for a couple nights? i would accomdate you if you ever decided to pass through nyc.

    i know it sounds extremely sketchy but I'm already trying to plan out my euro-plans for winter and figure its worth a shot. I really want to go to sweden/finland.

    <3 duffy <3

    PS - I realize there are a lot of cheap hostels but I'm really trying to penny pinch. Don't have much money to work with.

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • Duff-e
    • July 13, 2006 at 11:15 AM

    im in italy right now and was here when they won. words cannot describe how crazy this country went. like....every major street was at a standstill with cars that were either painted red white and green or people hanging out of the backs of car with chains. pretty nuts.

  • <the TI4600>

    • Duff-e
    • May 24, 2006 at 11:04 PM

    that was when the 9700 came out and beat the 4600 in benchmarks by like 50%

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™