1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Your facebook nick extravaganza

    • Duff-e
    • January 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    Quote

    Some folks fight Nazis, some folks go to the moon. Some folks let you "like" the Gillette Shaving Experience to people you sort of knew in high school.

  • What are you playing now?

    • Duff-e
    • January 18, 2011 at 8:40 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vmDwB.jpg]

  • wats troling?

    • Duff-e
    • January 18, 2011 at 4:24 AM

    damn blast from the past

    there's a name I completely forgot and has brought back a ton of adolescent counterstrike memories.

    for those not in the know he made a pretty popular web comic (among other things) back in the day.

  • What are you playing now?

    • Duff-e
    • January 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    dude, bro, guy... learn programming, it's the same thing except better

    Yeah but programming requires a having project to work on or problem to solve. This game is fun because it gives you the problems.

  • What are you playing now?

    • Duff-e
    • January 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    I'm addicted to SpaceChem: http://www.spacechemthegame.com/Play this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Wow this game is surprisingly fun. Whoever designed the tutorial and first few levels deserves a beer. The way the gameplay is setup makes a seemingly complex idea super intuitive. The ability to go back to completed levels and automatically save current ones is really important. If someone didn't think to add that feature I probably wouldn't have played past the second level.

  • What was the very first game you remember playing?

    • Duff-e
    • January 12, 2011 at 3:38 AM

    My mom took me to do laundry with her when I was about 5 or 6 and I spent most of my time on this (standing on a milkcrate box of course):

    [Blocked Image: http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242182141.jpg]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • January 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM

    I laugh heartily at these gimped toys

    [Blocked Image: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/thanhtam_computer/DSC00073-1.jpg]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59830628

    It comes in a bunch of materials/fabrics/colors.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 27, 2010 at 4:27 AM

    Bought one of those poang chairs in green. Should be here tomorrow afternoon.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/poang-armchair-cushion-green__0093962_PE231571_S4.JPG]

    For Christmas I just bought myself new socks, underwear and insoles for my boots/shoes.

    [Blocked Image: http://gearpatrol.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/smart_wool_sock_pairs_cropped.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.prostockathletic.com/assets/store/Products/SuperFeet-Green-1400.jpg]

  • cowboys & aliens

    • Duff-e
    • December 14, 2010 at 4:37 AM

    I know I'm on the internet and can check this in probably 3 seconds but I'm going to roll the dice:

    That looks like Oliva Wilde not Summer Glau. The former is in the new tron movie.

  • David Lynch makes a video game

    • Duff-e
    • December 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM

    A lot of this stuff is good. When I said Lynch I didn't mean it had to be undoubtedly influenced by him just that it follows the same kind of vibe. Is there anything that's less unsettling and mysterious and more absurd and surreal almost to the point of comedy? Desert bus might be a good example but (from what I understand) it barely qualifies as a video game.

    Example:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • David Lynch makes a video game

    • Duff-e
    • December 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM

    Misleading title, sorry to all Lynch fans.

    What is the closest I can get to a video game that could have been made by David Lynch or Tommy Wiseau? It can be on any platform from any time, the weirder the better, but I would prefer if it was actually good not just bigrigs 1.0/10.0 "WTF is this" stuff.

    I already know about Deadly Premonition and that would be a good example. Maybe a little more polished, something you would actually want to finish.

  • New Dredd film. Looks shit.

    • Duff-e
    • December 10, 2010 at 2:24 AM

    Maybe they're trying to keep the franchise consistent.

  • What I Learned From Farmville - Game Design

    • Duff-e
    • November 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    Saw it on hacker news. It was getting a lot of attention there. Cool that you know the guy mazy.

  • What I Learned From Farmville - Game Design

    • Duff-e
    • November 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

    Interesting article:

    http://meidell.dk/archives/2010/11/25/w ... o-play-it/

  • Rio de Janeiro - nov 25 2010

    • Duff-e
    • November 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/11 ... ce.html?hp

  • Using tethered phone for steam

    • Duff-e
    • November 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM

    Does anyone know why I can't do this? I can download updates for all my games in steam but when I try to refresh servers nothing comes up. The tethered connection is my wifi not the 4G. Pretty obscure problem but I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • November 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

    Well now I wont have to do it anymore because the phone comes with a kick ass camera

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • November 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

    Not my pic. Was lazy :x

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • November 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.androidincanada.ca/web/content/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/evo_13.jpg]

    Love it. I was skeptical about how far android could be customized but now I see it as a reasonable alternative to a full on desktop OS. Because of this my next purchase will probably be the galaxy tab over an ipad/kindle/nook.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™