1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Duff-e
    • August 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM

    someone just said on tv about avatar trailer:

    "It looks like blue man group giving a private party for master chief in jurassic park"

  • District 9

    • Duff-e
    • August 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

    So I saw this yesterday. I gotta say I thought it was horrible. I'm not going to go on a rant about it unless someone wants to know because I spent the last day being the lone voice of dissent. I wouldn't even call it disappointment, about 50 minutes in I wanted to leave.

  • DiRT 2

    • Duff-e
    • August 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM

    There are a lot of things I've done to "stick it to the man" that even my family and close friends don't know about. I'm a really big fan of legal gray areas.

  • DiRT 2

    • Duff-e
    • August 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM

    I just bought that tv like 2 days ago, it's not even for me it's for my dad.

    I haven't owned a console since PS2. Me and a friend would buy a tv/xbox360 and then return them before a month was over. All the fun none of the cost ;D

    It's especially genius to "rent" because as soon as you buy a TV it loses like $300 value and you can easily cover a year worth of good console releases in a month. not to mention the free month of xbox live (sorry guy who bought our returned 360 )

  • DiRT 2

    • Duff-e
    • August 19, 2009 at 9:19 PM

    played the original to almost 100%

    tremendously fun...If I owned a console I would definitely buy

  • The PS3 Slim

    • Duff-e
    • August 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM

    It's not unrelated if I didn't really give a shit about the content in the first place :wink:

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM

    haha...taint

  • The PS3 Slim

    • Duff-e
    • August 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM

    what a bunch of nerds. look at the tshirts. the combined BMI of that room must be astoundingly high.

  • District 9

    • Duff-e
    • August 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM

    I'll probably just wait for blu ray. I know it won't be half the experience but I'm so damn lazy.

    And d3, crash isn't a bad movie in that sense. There are a lot of bad movies with redeeming factors (artistic, hiliarious, make good drinking games, etc). The problem with crash is that it's just so lazy. The only way I could give you a better description is by watching it again but I don't think I could sit through it again without some kind of reward for after.

    If I go see a movie with a few ideological doppelgangers and we all walk out with completely different interpretations of what just happened, that's a good movie

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 17, 2009 at 5:04 AM

    Yes because I always piss myself when I'm bored. I swear you mac haters are like the christian conservatives of the computer world.

    Anyway I'm done...one of you could start a mac vs pc thread if you care enough...but now a good thread topic is getting drowned in text.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM

    for real....prepare to love that which is osx...the first time I loaded time machine I think I pissed my pants

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM

    you're delusional man. plenty of people have said they were buying pc's in this thread and no one ever said two words. you're (+ jean paul) the one who had to make snide remarks against macs to basically insult the people who said they were buying them.

    and that maddox article, while hilarious, is years old. but I'm glad you're the bigger man who can walk away graciously without needing the last word...

    and not to break the mood but

    [Blocked Image: http://gallery.avsforum.com/data/502/46G10_on_Peerless_Arm_Mount_Sunset_11.jpg]

    PURCHASED

    Images

    • vedra.webp
      • 120.79 kB
      • 982 × 703
    • 6.webp
      • 86.73 kB
      • 1,280 × 859
    • fanar_1.webp
      • 116.66 kB
      • 1,059 × 860
    • 7.webp
      • 137.64 kB
      • 1,280 × 859
  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM

    well it is what it is sentura...you clearly can't see past the gorgeous unibody aluminum exterior to understand the real beauty of a mac (despite everything in the last 3 pages of this thread I mentioned about the OS, software, networking, repair, support). Based on your views of design people who dress everyday in more than $15 of second hand clothing are tools of corporate manipulation, overpaying for no improved function where rope and sheet towels are ideal for a toga around town.

    Also give whores some credit. They get paid 30x what we make in a year having sex with people who make 100x what we make in a year.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM

    Design is everything. I thought you would know better since you're in the design busssssinnneessssssss sonnnnnnn.

    Hating on design reminds me of this quote from the devil wears prada...while not immediately applicable is still damn good:

    Miranda Priestly: [Miranda and some assistants are deciding between two similar belts for an outfit. Andy sread the ruless because she thinks they look exactly the same] Something funny?

    Andy Sachs: No, no, nothing. Y'know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me. Y'know, I'm still learning about all this stuff.

    Miranda Priestly: This... 'stuff'? Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff.

  • HDTV as a PC display

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM

    Do newer graphics cards all have HDMI outputs or something? I gotta buy a damn dvi > hdmi cable.

    Anyway, I decided on the Panasonic TC-P42S1 42" Viera S1 Series Plasma HDTV. I'm paying through the ass cause I'm buying it local and from a big store but I'm hoping it will save me from future hassles. They have a 46" 1080p LCD samsung for $850 shipped...so tempting...but it is what it is.

    Thanks for the info everyone

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 2:13 AM

    hahaha....TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE THOUGH

  • HDTV as a PC display

    • Duff-e
    • August 16, 2009 at 2:11 AM

    sentura - only reason I say that is because it seems like a low resolution to be stretched out to 32".

    thrik - the viera is one set I've seriously been considering. that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'll probably end up going with a very similar setup. I figured I would have to do some DPI adjustment, I just need to figure out now how well OSX can take care of that because the PC is mainly a mac pro. Thanks Also, whats the exact model of your viera?

  • HDTV as a PC display

    • Duff-e
    • August 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM

    You sit 8 ft from a 32" 1366x768 and games don't look like shit?

  • HDTV as a PC display

    • Duff-e
    • August 15, 2009 at 3:40 PM

    I understand how to setup a pc to hdtv. I mostly want to know your size, resolution, distance and satisfaction with your setup. Preferably people with 42" HDTV's using a PC @ 1920x1080. I'm talking browsing and applications too, not just gaming and movies.

    If I have to be 3 ft from a 42" HDTV PC @ 1920x1080 to functionally use it as monitor, I'd rather just save the money and buy a 720p. That's the heart of my question.

    Sentura, how far do you sit from that tv?

  • Monitor seems to have reset itself...

    • Duff-e
    • August 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM

    This sounds a lot like a cable issue to me. Swap out the cables, whether they're DVI or VGA, and see if any configuration works better. Also this sounds obvious but make sure the cable is secure on both ends. Unplug and replug both just to be sure. You would be amazed at how often that's the issue.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™