1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • 2009 in photos

    • Duff-e
    • December 19, 2009 at 2:39 AM

    Putin could single-handedly make moobs a social trend. Good on him.

  • 70 minute long video review of Phantom Menace

    • Duff-e
    • December 18, 2009 at 2:00 PM

    watched the first 3 yesterday. it is pretty damn true.

  • Ironman - The Movie trailer

    • Duff-e
    • December 18, 2009 at 2:19 AM

    looks OK..probably wont see it

    On a related note, I sat next to RDJ during a screening at the Museum of Modern Art a few weeks ago. The film was the 1928 silent film L'argent and had a live piano accompaniment which was awesome. It was a packed house and about 10 minutes before the film started this very scruffy looking guy in a beanie took one of the few open seats next to me. I was reading and not in the habit inspecting people around me (except the gorgeous women, note: hotties go to silent films) so I didn't think anything of it. During intermission he bumped into me and apologized. I proceeded to give him "you're Robert Downey Jr." face and he smiled at me. He never came back after the intermission.

    In those 10 seconds I was SURE he was about to invite me up to his penthouse for strippers and blow. A dream deferred.

  • Hello

    • Duff-e
    • December 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM

    RUN FOR YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU STILL CAN GREENHORN

  • Robin Hood Movie

    • Duff-e
    • December 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM

    the gladiator part 2 comparison/jokes are gonna be intense with this

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Duff-e
    • December 16, 2009 at 4:27 AM

    must agree...looks sick

  • Some engineering modeling work

    • Duff-e
    • December 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

    digital bass sounds pretty sick. I remember reading a while ago about that commercial "robot" digital tuning guitar with the fancy light up knobs and memory for custom tunings. Do you already play bass?

  • Some engineering modeling work

    • Duff-e
    • December 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM

    That's very cool. How far along are you in your discipline? This seems like something that would be difficult to create without some serious hand holding the whole way through. Was there any programming involved? I noticed the remote but can't tell if it's wireless or tethered.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 13, 2009 at 7:44 AM

    I'm sure it's fine Twiz. I never had any problems with my 2253bw's using them normally, in fact they were great, I was just saying putting the display in portrait I REALLY saw a viewing angle problem.

    Hey Klein what are you using that mic for? I'm in the market for something kinda similar.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM

    I had two samsung 2253bw 22" displays with my 30" 305t and jesus christ were the viewing angles horrible. I had two ergotron arms for the 22" displays and if you used them in portrait mode with the bottom of the bezel facing you it was so bad you couldn't read text.

  • Left4Dead 2

    • Duff-e
    • December 10, 2009 at 7:39 AM

    The whole pole Izuno?

    < PC

  • Continuity [Flash game]

    • Duff-e
    • December 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM

    I played this a couple days ago. Level 4 is a good example of why the game as it was made is dumb. You start off in a position where you should clearly be able to go from the left panel to the right but you can't because it doesn't "match up" correctly. I can understand not being able to cross panels because there is a barrier (the black surface) but any space where blue touches blue you should be able to cross over otherwise it's even more gimmicky than it already is.

    Neat idea, bad implementation.

    edit: after playing a little more, level 6 is an even better example of the matching up problem I was talking about on level 4. Yeah, I get it, the designer wants you to play the puzzle his way but it doesn't make any sense from the player perspective why you can't cross over as long as there's clearance.

  • Christmas trees

    • Duff-e
    • December 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM

    You know how secular people hate religious people because they force their morals down our throats, making things like gay marriage and abortion illegal? Well religious people hate that on Christmas us secular people 1) get paid for nothing 2) get massively drunk 3) worship false idols in the form of expensive gifts 4) get time off 5) get REALLY drunk and defecate on the steps of a funeral home at 4am. So take your time off whoever you are and enjoy it, exploit it and revel in it. Religion has taken so much from us, now after 2,000 years we get to be conspicuously debaucherous on one of the most holy days of the calendar.

    That said I find agnosticism and atheism to be equally as absurd and hilarious.

  • Gamer (Movie)

    • Duff-e
    • December 6, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    Quote from jaboo224

    did you just say film noir is bad? |:

    just like any genre there's plenty of horrible film noir.

  • I need help picking a guitar.

    • Duff-e
    • December 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM

    just to throw a little flavor into the mix....perhaps you would be interested in the setar

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    a different sound, cheaper (usually), and if you master it you'll be in high demand at your local Mosque or hookah lounge.

  • Gamer (Movie)

    • Duff-e
    • December 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Quote from mariatamis0

    since allot of the negative remarks about this movie obviously come from people that don't understand the first person shooter gaming , id be tempted to say shut up the lot of you..but i wont lol great movie first person shooter pleaser for sure. could have been a little bit better in parts. but apart from that 4/5 great watch.

    Is anyone else ever fascinated by people who enjoy bad movies? I'm not even talking like grindhouse or film noir, so bad it's good stuff but genuinely horrible film. I used to get annoyed or think I was better than people who like shitty movies but these days I almost want to understand whats going on in the brain of a person who can not only sit through a movie like gamer but give it a 4/5. I get the feeling that Mariatamis is young so that might be a big part of it but hot damn.

  • Medal of Honor

    • Duff-e
    • December 5, 2009 at 4:32 AM

    funny thing...I'm right in the middle of growing my own supreme size beard.

    my father had a huge beard like that special ops guy in his 20's. It's been a month now so I figure 2-3 more months tops and I can get it styled.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Duff-e
    • November 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/16/Coolface.png]

  • I have something great to reveal!

    • Duff-e
    • November 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM

    i walk past that billboard in nyc everyday on broadway and 38th st

  • Design my mailbox

    • Duff-e
    • November 25, 2009 at 9:04 AM

    I'd still buy one of those

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™