1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • awesome 3 little pigs display

    • Duff-e
    • March 1, 2010 at 7:32 AM

    I hope those pigs are really heavy or bolted down. They're a prime target for 3am drunk theft.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • February 28, 2010 at 8:45 PM

    I'd definitely buy that PBF book.

  • Jesse Schell @ DICE 2010

    • Duff-e
    • February 23, 2010 at 7:58 PM

    that was half informative, half stand up routine

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Duff-e
    • February 23, 2010 at 3:26 AM

    So you want to be a writer?


    Charles Bukowski

    if it doesn’t come bursting out of you

    in spite of everything,

    don’t do it.

    unless it comes unasked out of your

    heart and your mind and your mouth

    and your gut,

    don’t do it.

    if you have to sit for hours

    staring at your computer screen

    or hunched over your

    typewriter

    searching for words,

    don’t do it.

    if you’re doing it for money or

    fame,

    don’t do it.

    if you’re doing it because you want

    women in your bed,

    don’t do it.

    if you have to sit there and

    rewrite it again and again,

    don’t do it.

    if it’s hard work just thinking about doing it,

    don’t do it.

    if you’re trying to write like somebody

    else,

    forget about it.

    if you have to wait for it to roar out of

    you,

    then wait patiently.

    if it never does roar out of you,

    do something else.

    if you first have to read it to your wife

    or your girlfriend or your boyfriend

    or your parents or to anybody at all,

    you’re not ready.

    don’t be like so many writers,

    don’t be like so many thousands of

    people who call themselves writers,

    don’t be dull and boring and

    pretentious, don’t be consumed with self-

    love.

    the libraries of the world have

    yawned themselves to

    sleep

    over your kind.

    don’t add to that.

    don’t do it.

    unless it comes out of

    your soul like a rocket,

    unless being still would

    drive you to madness or

    suicide or murder,

    don’t do it.

    unless the sun inside you is

    burning your gut,

    don’t do it.

    when it is truly time,

    and if you have been chosen,

    it will do it by

    itself and it will keep on doing it

    until you die or it dies in you.

    there is no other way.

    and there never was.

    I like breaking this one out on all the "writers" out there. Not only does it criticize them in the medium they romanticize but it has the double bonus of being written by a confirmed hipster poet. EAT IT PUSSIES

  • Vivi's Sf4 Arcade Sticks - [February stick *FINISHED*]

    • Duff-e
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:19 AM

    Yeah I used the same brands before I came across the same problem. You should really look into vinyl dye for the plastics. I used to mod computer parts, specifically keyboards and I never had a single person complain about fading. That's saying a lot considering I was spray painting the keys black for hardcore computer nerds who can wear the letters off of a normal keyboard in under a year. You just have to lightly sand the plastic first.

  • Vivi's Sf4 Arcade Sticks - [February stick *FINISHED*]

    • Duff-e
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM

    What are you using to paint the plastic? I used to mess around with spray painting and found the only thing that really lasted was vinyl dye.

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Duff-e
    • February 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    Ishmael

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ishmael-Daniel- ... 308&sr=8-1

    I don't normally like activist/environmental books but I really enjoyed this one.

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Duff-e
    • February 20, 2010 at 4:42 PM

    Perhaps you should like to share your favorite literature then? Poems, novels, short stories, essay's, fiction, non-fiction, it's all good. I'll spare you my own weak synopsis and leave it to the thorough amazon reviews to give you a nice outline.

    My picks:

    The Brothers Karamazov

    http://%7boption%7d

    Flatland

    http://%7boption%7d

    Notes From Underground

    http://%7boption%7d

    Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

    http://%7boption%7d

    I Am a Strange Loop

    http://%7boption%7d

  • The Death Of Tutankhamun revealed?

    • Duff-e
    • February 18, 2010 at 3:19 AM

    Gutsy question, you're a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep. I am proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks and I am gonna lead you to the top of this industry.

    One of my favorite episodes

  • Assassin's Creed 2

    • Duff-e
    • February 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/02/17/you-maniacs/

    Update on the DRM they're using for the PC launch of AC2. Requires you to be connected to ubisoft server at all times during gameplay.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • February 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM

    login as guest and play here: http://www.gokgs.com/applet.jsp

    It's the best community I've come across. They have lots of admins, tutorials and you can watch live matches between top players.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • February 17, 2010 at 3:39 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2045/2303343898_cce0dda256.jpg]

    been playing online a lot lately decided it was time to make the investment

  • METRO 2033

    • Duff-e
    • February 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

    This is the toy I waited for every christmas but never got:

    Quote

    The teaching model of the tunneling machine 4PP-2.

    [Blocked Image: http://englishrussia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/photo_11.jpg]

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Duff-e
    • February 14, 2010 at 2:01 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    if you like this look up Saul Bass. He made that intro and there are a bunch of other great ones on youtube.

  • Hey all!

    • Duff-e
    • February 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM

    ello

  • i just went speed dating

    • Duff-e
    • February 13, 2010 at 5:20 PM

    I know a lot of people in Europe who use OKcupid with moderate success. I made an account just to stalk the hot ladies though, I don't plan on actually using the service :x

    Beyond being a pervert you can also do the compatibility tests and it will match you to others. It's a good way to find new books/music/movies that are similar to things you already like.

  • i just went speed dating

    • Duff-e
    • February 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM

    Indeed. Hip-hop is such a diverse genre it's ridiculous to just dismiss it all as bad. People do the same thing with classical and country music but most of the time it's just a shitty stereotype and shitty early exposure.

    classic example:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • i just went speed dating

    • Duff-e
    • February 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

    haha thanks. if you have the chance to try it you should, at the least it's a different experience.

  • i just went speed dating

    • Duff-e
    • February 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

    If you don't like hip hop then you're not listening to good hip hop

  • i just went speed dating

    • Duff-e
    • February 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM

    Unless everyone was lying most of the women were trying speed dating for the first time. The "speed" was dictated by songs from some band that I can't remember the name of, so about 3 minutes.

    I wasn't looking to hook up with anyone so I just frankly asked most of the women why they were there, how long they've been single, and what they were expecting to get out of it. I was the 6th guy down the line so I'd ask them "have you met your soulmate yet" or some variation on that and all of them seemed pretty indifferent about the whole thing. Maybe they were just saying that to not hurt my feelings and make me think I had a chance, who knows.

    I blatantly said to 3 or 4 of them "do you like hip hop, do you like smoking weed" and they gave me this confused "drugs are bad" look . I stopped asking that question after a while but it was a really good way to root out the bitchy tight asses (most of them were bitchy tight asses). I was in a really really REALLY hipster neighborhood in Brooklyn and I don't know if you guys have hipsters where you live but you can probably imagine what it's like. All the women were probably waiting for me to start reciting poetry. The less attractive ones consistently had better personalities than the airheads. Luckily I know a decent amount about fashion and that kept the conversations going (Alexander McQueen dying yesterday and Brooklyn Decker being Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover didn't hurt (I love her)).

    I was pretty drunk when I started and got progressively more drunk during the conversations so I don't remember many of the specifics. It was really satisfying to cut and shave my 5 month old beard when I got home.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™