1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Interviews

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

    Have any of you ever been to the "show you around the office - meet and talk to employees" stage of an interview and not get the job? I feel like that would just be cruel.

  • Valve Teases Upcoming Half-Life Release for Mac

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

    I don't have a mac anymore so I have no horse in this race but I've always been a computer/gaming enthusiast so in that way I find it interesting.

    Though there is a bit of schadenfreude watching the mac-hating/PC-fanboi community lose one of its standard pillars of hate.

  • Interviews

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM

    8 hours? wtf? explain. did you get the job?

  • DeusEx at 5$ on Steam

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM

    I installed all the mods and it does make a pretty significant difference.

    This is my first time playing it, which is weird considering I played Half-Life when it came out and was into PC gaming by then.

  • DeusEx at 5$ on Steam

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 7:56 AM

    It seems we are on the same mission Sentura.

    This is the most current set of tweaks I could find so far (march 25 2010):

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... -with-mods

  • DeusEx at 5$ on Steam

    • Duff-e
    • April 22, 2010 at 7:54 AM

    Are there any mods to bump up the graphics for DeusEx? I just googled it and the 3rd result brought me to this haha

    http://www.helderpinto.com/blog/persona ... d-v01.html

    Anything new since?

  • Video games can never be art (?!)

    • Duff-e
    • April 20, 2010 at 6:13 AM

    He's so very wrong. VG is one of the few existing mediums with tons of artistic potential.

    Relevant:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Check out my new song (now available on iTunes!)

    • Duff-e
    • April 16, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    Quote

    ":60lntn07]iTunes is a great app to download podcasts, cant imagine my life without it.

    If iTunes made my homepage apple.com and installed ask toolbar I would still do it for iTunes University.

    edit: catchy tune

  • Great places to visit

    • Duff-e
    • March 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM

    Well hopefully not anymore. The Senate just passed some semblance of health care reform an hour ago.

  • Great places to visit

    • Duff-e
    • March 22, 2010 at 3:42 AM

    You should all visit America soon! You can slip and fall and we'll fix your leg instead of burying you alive

  • Illegal downloading and mapcore

    • Duff-e
    • March 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM

    I've thought about buying porn but it feels so dirty in a 70's way. I think I would only do it if a girl was involved in the process

  • Illegal downloading and mapcore

    • Duff-e
    • March 15, 2010 at 8:46 AM

    Nah I don't think there's anything wrong with watching something that someone else pirated.

  • Illegal downloading and mapcore

    • Duff-e
    • March 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM

    Just curious. Also, almost everything you could pirate offers some kind of demo so I didn't make "Yes but I'll eventually support what I pirate if I use it." If you pirate you pirate, no points for promising to make it up one day

    Sometimes:

    Convenience

    I think the price is unfair

    Only small or obscure things

    Only games, Only movies, Only screeners, Only albums, Only songs, Only magazines, Only ebooks, etc etc

    _______________

    I'm really more interested in the people who no longer do it. How long has this been your opinion? Did you start to find it unethical? Did working in the game industry change your opinion? Is the hassle just not worth it when you? Is it for the media/box? Was your ISP threatening to cut off service? How strong is your conviction? What else?

  • Life after armageddon

    • Duff-e
    • March 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

    Not to thread hijack but does anyone else lament the decline of the history channel? Everything now is either about nazis or stupid shit like STALIN VS THE ANCIENT GREEKS.

    A couple years ago I downloaded all the episodes of How It's Made and never looked back.

  • Deadly Premonition

    • Duff-e
    • March 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM

    After reading that review I'm wondering....were there any other games that pulled off the "so bad it's good" thing? I've found redeeming qualities in shitty games but I'd never say the game itself was good. It's like how I enjoy watching youtube videos of Big Rigs but I would never play it myself.

    [Blocked Image: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/475/277192-bigrigs_winner_super.jpg]

  • Valve Teases Upcoming Half-Life Release for Mac

    • Duff-e
    • March 9, 2010 at 1:32 AM

    Now all I want to see is 1973 Gordon Freeman.

    Also in honor of steam here is a 7 year old thread about how much steam sucks.

    http://yarbroughs.org/2003/09/13/steam-sucks/

    The comments are better than the post. Coincidentally this forum is almost exactly as old as steam.

  • Deadly Premonition

    • Duff-e
    • March 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM

    for those with no patience start at 3:17 with that magnificent cigarette lighting

  • Deadly Premonition

    • Duff-e
    • March 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM

    FBI SPECIAL AGENT FRANCIS YORK MORGAN. PLEASE JUST CALL ME YORK.

    This game looks absolutely hilarious. Purchased.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Valve Teases Upcoming Half-Life Release for Mac

    • Duff-e
    • March 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM

    TF2 on the mac is more than enough to make me happy.

  • Karate Kid (2010 remake)

    • Duff-e
    • March 4, 2010 at 7:14 AM

    insta has taken the lead

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™