1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • Your favorite TV show's are.....??

    • Duff-e
    • July 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

    I read somewhere that the wire is only available in SD 4:3 format.

    shit is annoying

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Duff-e
    • April 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

    How much of Brooklyn Decker's breasts do you get to see in battleship?

  • Unofficial alcohol thread

    • Duff-e
    • March 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BdSj1.jpg]

    Looking forward to some fine summer sippin'

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Duff-e
    • March 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Quote from Minos

    She's cute but i can never tell which direction is she looking at XD

    Here let me ruin her for all of you:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/R9fXz.jpg]

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Duff-e
    • February 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM

    Michael Ruppert is a crackpot:

    http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/200 ... ophet.html

    If you're interested in the truth about peak oil it takes about 5 minutes of googling to refute pretty much everything he says. But conspiracy theories are sexy so I understand the appeal. Check out http://www.theoildrum.com/ for a realistic look at the state of world oil.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Duff-e
    • January 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

    the key to donnie darko is to watch it when you're 15. it's like the movie version of ender's game.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Duff-e
    • December 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM

    Drive man. The opening scene + soundtrack.

  • R.I.P Steve Jobs

    • Duff-e
    • October 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM

    He was a true bad ass mother fucker.

  • VG development highly subsidized in US

    • Duff-e
    • September 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM

    Interesting long article

    Quote

    Video game developers receive such a rich assortment of incentives that even oil companies have questioned why the government should subsidize such a mature and profitable industry whose main contribution is to create amusing and sometimes antisocial entertainment.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/techn ... wanted=all

  • About to be hit by a hurricane guys wish me luck

    • Duff-e
    • August 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM

    If you're in NYC don't worry nothing is going to happen. Everyone is just jerking off to disaster porn. The evacuation and MTA shutdown is just Bloomberg covering his ass after fucking up the blizzard last winter.

    I would only seriously be worried in a rural area.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 24, 2011 at 3:53 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yn5jfDi3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

    This reminded me to see if

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ocztechnology.com/images/products/auto_images/Trifecta_microsd_sd_usb.jpg]

    is available on newegg yet.

  • SVN Hosting

    • Duff-e
    • July 1, 2011 at 3:23 AM

    I second github.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Duff-e
    • June 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM

    BF2 was fun but there will be no greater times than all night sessions of BF1942 Desert Combat mod.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Duff-e
    • June 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

    People buy battlefield games for single player? Learn something new everyday.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • Duff-e
    • June 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

    Nope, illegal in parks/plazas/beaches. They fine you

    You can't smoke in bars/restaurants either but I think that's more common worldwide.

    [Blocked Image: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110523-smoking-shulman.photoblog900.jpg]

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • Duff-e
    • June 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

    Drinking beer and smoking cigarettes in the park!? What is this land of magical wonder?

  • The problem of crunch time in game development

    • Duff-e
    • May 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM

    Is there a seniority system in game development where older people with families aren't expected to put in as much crunch time? Working till 10PM every night for 3 months sounds like it might even be exciting in your 20s but it must really suck if you have a wife and kids.

  • The problem of crunch time in game development

    • Duff-e
    • May 28, 2011 at 3:30 AM

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Competitive gaming

    • Duff-e
    • May 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM

    I quit playing CS competitively a year before CAL/CPL died which was about 5 years ago. I was pretty deeply involved in the culture and don't regret the few years I spent on CS. I think you have to look at it with a realistic perspective though, most of us were 13-19 year olds who had too much free time and didn't have to pay any bills. On top of that going through college or having a job gives you a whole different social reality that can be infinitely more rewarding than a virtual one.

    That said I've met a lot of older people who play WOW in their spare time. If there is any real money left in competitive gaming it's probably in SC2. I barely play PC/Console games anymore but I do watch JustinTV gaming streams which for some reason I can't get enough of. All last week I had a stream of some guy playing LA Noire in 720p playing in the background while I was working. JTV just posted for applicants on hacker news a few days ago talking about building a huge esports site(probably with SC2 in mind since it's the most popular game on there by far) so there's money being made somewhere.

    http://www.justin.tv/jobs/jobs/x?source=HNesports

    I'm looking at http://www.gotfrag.com/ right now and it seems pretty alive. Lots of WOW and SC2 in the news, CS/TF2 in the forum. I heard TF2 is pretty fun in competitive play and I can understand why.

    Unrelated rant: Looking at the gotfrag site reminds me why I've always disliked the "professionalization" of gaming. The people responsible for running the websites and tourneys have a bad habit of trying to emulate real sports business practices in an attempt to legitimize their efforts. As a result you get SC2 broadcasters who think that success means communicating like you're Marv Albert (NBA commentator) or overemphasizing parts of the game that are marginally important but help promote the ill-conceived fantasies of a guy who watches too much SportsCenter.

    Gaming can be successful as a spectator sport but only if the key people stop trying to shoehorn it into a world it doesn't belong. I understand that no self respecting adult wants to be directly associated with cheeto fingered 13 year olds but they're going to keep fucking up until they find a different model.

  • The golden age of mapping

    • Duff-e
    • May 25, 2011 at 3:57 PM

    I didn't make any maps but I agree

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Images

    • L4D - The End v1 (1).webp
      • 57.72 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (2).webp
      • 39.9 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (3).webp
      • 27.72 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (4).webp
      • 66.69 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (5).webp
      • 63.67 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (6).webp
      • 48.59 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • L4D - The End v1 (7).webp
      • 30.62 kB
      • 1,024 × 576
    • Poster.webp
      • 103.44 kB
      • 714 × 952
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™