We all know where that money really went..
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax2.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax3.jpg]
We all know where that money really went..
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax2.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/lowtax3.jpg]
It's unofficial, it's only the first (map) in a series of episodic releases, but it's fucking good. Well mapped, well entity'd, well written, well presented, challenging, fun, and seems to slot into the HL2 storyline/events fairly neatly in that it takes you to an alternate part of it, similarly to Opposing Force.
You play as a combine soldier -- kind of. I wrote some more about it and took some screenshots here and really must stress that it's at least worth trying out.
Yeah, but you're a fool anyway.
Quote from HipshotFortress Forever will never be a good replacement for a real TF, its just like those other Fortress' Unreal Fortress, Quake 3 Fortress etc etc, they just don't hold the same quality when it comes down to game play and I'm sure valve will announce a TFSource some time, maybe after Aftermath.
I wish I had your amazing ability to review a game without playing it.
Fortress Forever is my most anticipated mod. I always liked Day of Defeat, but a remake of TFC for Source by people who actually know was TFC was all about pushes far more of my buttons.
That avatar seems familiar, Tequila! ;D
Answer: Become an animator. :~
Er, what?
Yes, extensions are a great part of Firefox. I use a bunch of smaller ones which enhance the experience somewhat.
1) "IE View". Right click a page and select one of the options to open the page in IE. Great for web development or lamely coded sites.
2) "Gmail Notifier". Puts a little icon in the bottom-right corner where the RSS feed icons and such go. Shows you how many unread emails you have, and you can enter gmail itself (auto logged in, of course!) by just clicking the icon. Is visible in this screengrab.
3) "Session Saver .2". The tab restoration utility. Not only will it magically bring back all your tabs after a regular browser shutdown or crash, but it will also restore your scroll position on the page, and any data entered into a form (eg: forum posts). You can also bring back individual tabs after closing them via the tools dropdown.
4) "SubmitToTab". Allows you to middle-click form buttons to open them in a new tab, just like a normal hyperlink. Very useful for certain situations such as vBulletin admin panel usage, where they're used all over the place.
5) "Disable Targets for Downloads". Stops a blank tab from opening when you use certain download links, very useful at times.
6) "Tabbrowser Preferences". Adds some nice functionality to tabs such as per-tab X buttons, forcing of new windows into tabs, etc. Great if you like to keep everything in one window like I do.
That's the Thrik's mighty setup, anyway. All should be available by going to the official extension resource or with a Google. One thing to note; don't install "Tabbrowser Extensions" whatever you do. It is an extremely bloated extension which has tons of unnecessary options, all of which are available with lighter extensions anyway. This extension will slow down your browser a huge deal, both in loading of pages and opening of tabs.
This thread is now somewhat saved. ;D
I do honestly wonder whether D3 keeps coming out with these threads purely to agitate us all, or whether he's really this dense.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes, it's important to remember that Apple are always Nazi little arses with their patents. It's totally hilarious to see them potentially enjoying their own medicine.
That's just classic D3 for you. Brain of a Goddamn midge.
Funny, when I panic about a computer issue I go straight for Google where I'm generally guaranteed a specific answer to my problem within seconds, rather than making a thread on a forum and waiting for somebody to turn up with the correct answer themselves.
Each to their own. ![]()
Are you on broadband? If so, why disconnect the net just because you're playing a SP game? Jeez, just leave it running -- as long as you've got a firewall and Windows is updated then there's nothing to worry about.
I wish people (D3) would use Google before making threads like though, though. 99% of times somebody else has experienced the problem, and websites/forums already exist addressing it. This is no exception; simply search for "messenger service" on Google and the second website which comes up explains what this is and how to disable it. ![]()
Yeah, but don't forget that this is D3's personal technical support group.
Firewalls and routers generally stop it too. ;