1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Thrik

Posts by Thrik

  • Me vs the FEAR AI

    • Thrik
    • November 14, 2005 at 2:49 PM

    Yes, the AI in FEAR is rather excellent -- RD just makes them look dumb in this video. They crawl around objects to surprise you and all sorts when playing a bit less enthusiastically. Definitely the best AI yet.

    Best video evr!!

  • What is your console game of the year for 2005?

    • Thrik
    • November 14, 2005 at 1:06 AM

    I really don't play console games, so Psychonauts is probably the closest thing I can mention. I guess since it designed for the Xbox it's most closely a console game. Total best.

    As for Mercenaries, not tried it, but I checked out the soundtrack after your words Izuno. Very nice! I wouldn't go so far as to say best game music ever as certain other LucasArts games lay claim to that, and I also prefered Michael's Medal of Honour scores, but it's certainly a high ranker.

  • New Steam Games Agreement.

    • Thrik
    • November 11, 2005 at 10:26 PM

    Yeah, it's pretty daft S8. The sad thing is that pretty much all of these mods will/did end up being fairly boring since they've just gone for the style and glamour of modding rather than, you know, making an actual fun game. Garry's Mod is pretty much the only HL2 modificaiton that I've seen play true to what it's all about, and that's creating a unique, fun game in a fairly unplanned fashion. It started out as a little personal experiment, and yet ended up being a phenominally popular mod -- kind of like the big HL1 mods (CS, DoD) which ended up Valvified.

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 11, 2005 at 10:17 PM

    For the record, I didn't call you an emo, nor am I flaming. I said that you have emo tendencies, most specifically a lack of self-esteem which causes the attacking of others without justification. Perhaps the type of emotional people that we come across differs, but around here I can assure you that most carry the above trait.

    You obviously have a problem with me and my site, Curman. Whatever, I can deal with that -- you're free to perceive and formulate opinions upon whatever you like. Just leave your trolling to IRC where I can easily ignore all of it rather than sending threads like this into oblivion.

    Hopefully this'll mark the end of your tirade and I won't get Klein lambasting me again for gritting my teeth and trying to deal with you in a reasonably withheld manner (as much as I'd like to bum you in the gob).

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 11, 2005 at 8:37 PM

    I'm not making calls; I'm retaliating to them. You've decided to troll without any provocation, so I'm simply pointing out your emo tendencies which basically nullify any and all credibility of which comes out of your mouth. I suppose not looking at the camera blatantly on purpose in any of your photos is some kind of rare condition which causes eye irritability when exposed to camera lenses?

    And don't worry, I'm not saving your photos for personal means. I just quickly grabbed them from your personal hate page and resized them!

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 11, 2005 at 7:17 PM

    Is that rare or something for a forum that's been up for a couple of weeks? Try doing constructive for a change rather than sitting around taking top-down shots of yourself with unprescribed glasses on and trolling, Curman.

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/curman002.jpg]

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 10, 2005 at 8:09 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/curman001.jpg]

  • Vapour: A Third-Party STEAM

    • Thrik
    • November 8, 2005 at 7:45 PM

    No application should go without any screenshots on the site. Unless I'm missing them.

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 8, 2005 at 10:42 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://forums.teamkilled.net/images/smilies/shifty.gif]

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 7, 2005 at 8:24 PM

    Blame Google.

  • Hotmail?

    • Thrik
    • November 7, 2005 at 4:09 PM

    Yep, Gmail is great. Although most people just mention the 2.5gb+ of storage, it also has a very intuitive and helpful set of features such as automated saving of your messages while you're writing them (so if your browser crashes or needs closing it'll be fine), a really nice composition interface (thanks to ajax), a similarly nice message listing/displaying interface, and in general a very smooth piece of work. I actually prefer using the Gmail interface to local email applications.

    Never having to delete anything (unless you receive a ludicrous amount of attachments) is nice, too. For added security I have a duplicate Gmail account which I set my primary one to send a complete copy of all emails to, ensuring that I've got a backup just in case the first account was to be compromised.

    Conclusion? Dump Hotmail and switch to Gmail. There's even a handy Firefox extension which keeps an eye on your Gmail inbox for you.

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/notifierthumb.jpg]

  • VideoGaiden

    • Thrik
    • November 5, 2005 at 6:44 PM

    Haha.

    Where exactly did you send your compliments off to, Tequila? I'd like to do the same if it helps to emphasise that this really is a good show.

  • VideoGaiden

    • Thrik
    • November 5, 2005 at 6:09 PM

    It's very rarely that a non-shit videogame review programme appears on British TV. Amongst the mainstream-targetted bollocks, Consolevania - a previously internet-only amateur games show - has been going for a good two serieses.

    Recently, the BBC decided to let Consolevania have a ten minute slot on BBC Scotland. Despite being very short, it's still an appropriately entertaining piece of work and the reviews are generally very bluntly honest. Consolevania is famous for its humour, violence, racism, swearing, pedophilia, Hitler and serial killers. It's been toned down slightly for the BBC, but it's still pretty gr8 and definitely worth 10 minutes of your time.

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/videogaiden001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/videogaiden002.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/videogaiden003.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://god.teamkilled.net/images/videogaiden004.jpg]

    I found a http mirror of the first episode which aired the other night. If you live in the UK, try to watch it on Thursday nights at midnight so that it can be extended to a longer slot! Maybe videogame tv can be salvaged from its current state of disrepair. Maybe.

    http://broken-monkey.org/rllmuk/Video.G ... 1-2005.avi

    Mirror will probably die at any moment so get it while it's hot.

  • PC Gaming Renaissance?

    • Thrik
    • November 2, 2005 at 4:59 PM

    I really don't think that many people refuse to buy console games because of that reason at all, Reno. At least, I haven't heard of many using that reason. It's usually down to the following factors:

    - Simple controls.

    - Affordable.

    - No installation.

    - Quick to get into.

    - Very portable.

    - Generalized specs.

    The only way for PCs to really take ground on consoles is to make them far more accessible to your average retard. Sure, we can all use PCs, but most people just find them confusing as hell with all the different pieces of hardware out there and such. Hell, even computer-savvy people find it difficult to choose new hardware these days. Things need to be labelled better, although I do believe that Microsoft are planning to work with publishers on that one so that they're given more general specification ratings.

    Also, things such as installation could be a bit more streamlined. If computers came with a fast enough dvd drive by default, there wouldn't even be a need for installation -- it could just run off the dvds, with the hard-drive being used for data storage only. The 'insert and play' concept of consoles is what attracts a hell of a lot of people to them. Most people give me that excuse when I'm all 'y not pc m8?'.

    The cost is a big issue, though. PCs generally require a monitor, keyboard, pc, sound system, tower, sound card, graphics card, mainboard, memory and hard-drive. That's a lot of stuff and a lot of money for most people, and when they go to buy a 'bundle' PC where it's an all-in-one type thing, they don't even know what the hell it all means. I always get people asking me stuff like 'is 1.1ghz gud?'. Things really need to be made easier to understand for people, although the ratings thing I mentioned two paragraphs up could tie into this.

  • PC Gaming Renaissance?

    • Thrik
    • November 1, 2005 at 8:37 PM

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Thrik
    • October 31, 2005 at 10:05 PM

    I don't understand WoW players and I never will.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Thrik
    • October 31, 2005 at 1:57 PM
    Quote from ginsengavenger

    Are you really complaining that they're offering you *more* to do in that godforsaken game?

  • Some of my art

    • Thrik
    • October 31, 2005 at 1:54 PM

    Oh yeah.

    Shit.

  • World of Warcraft - Burning Crusade

    • Thrik
    • October 31, 2005 at 1:43 AM

    You like the role play?

    D:~

  • The Stereotype game!

    • Thrik
    • October 31, 2005 at 1:37 AM

    I do not have the slightest idea where or what Georgia is.

    England.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™