1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Thrik

Posts by Thrik

  • Sin gameplay vid

    • Thrik
    • January 7, 2006 at 7:58 AM

    I guess that'd depend on whether or not the gameplay is generally any good and/or innovative, Chris -- similarly to how Insurgency will fall flat on its face if it's not fun, despite its professional production values.

    Not that I'm saying it will, obviously! It was just a handy example. xD

  • Major Security hole fix download

    • Thrik
    • January 7, 2006 at 7:49 AM

    Erm..

    D3 is kind of right in that there is a massive vulnerability with XP right now, but somehow managed to link to the completely wrong security bulletins?

    The correct one is here and dated January 5th, vital for any XP users as quite literally viewing a suspicious image (ie: I could post it in this thread right now) can screw the user over -- and yes, it should automatically update. Ask hinkey all about it, as far as I'm aware he managed to trojan a few people by experimenting with it. xD

    [Blocked Image: http://olympus.tkvault.net/images/soq.gif]

  • The Movies

    • Thrik
    • January 6, 2006 at 8:13 PM

    I'm not sure to be honest. On the one hand they've done a lot and managed to make something which a lot of people can have fun with, but on the other it feels extremely restrictive to what you could do in a proper animation app or even that old 3D movie making game that Microsoft did years ago where you just built shit from lame textured cubes and stuff. However, you had total control over everything despite it being fugly.

    If The Movies had basic things which gave you more control it'd be great. The camera is a big one, although Molyneux did say that camera movement may be included in a patch or expansion. But also, I don't feel very in control of the whole thing at all. It feels kind of lame just cycling through dozens of preset scenes as opposed to moving them around myself.

    I can see how a lot of people who've never used anything more complex than this could enjoy it though, and in that respect it's a very well done game which many people seem to enjoy using (there's far too many films on the official site thing).

  • Portscan.

    • Thrik
    • January 5, 2006 at 4:28 PM

    Or just found the answer within a few seconds via Google.

  • This thread contains the single best video of 2005

    • Thrik
    • January 1, 2006 at 4:42 PM

    Aye. It's a shame he didn't do any Curse or Escape though. Even though I didn't like Escape that much it did have some nice music at times, and Curse was just full of it.

    I think I might be having to replay them all this year now. Such amazing games.

  • I'm so pro it hurts.

    • Thrik
    • December 31, 2005 at 4:13 AM

    Yeah, that was my fault. Sorry about that.

  • I'm so pro it hurts.

    • Thrik
    • December 30, 2005 at 2:59 PM

    Delete EoT. [Blocked Image: http://olympus.tkvault.net/images/tup.gif]

  • This thread contains the single best video of 2005

    • Thrik
    • December 30, 2005 at 2:56 PM

    Perhaps you should adjust your hardware acceleration from full to nothing to see if it helps. If you're using WMP it's found in Tools > Options > Performance.

    Failing that, get a manly video player such as VLC. Its interface is ass but it has very nice post-processing and does the job great, for example deinterlacing and general image improvement. xD

  • F.E.A.R. (SPOILERS)

    • Thrik
    • December 29, 2005 at 11:06 PM

    Another thread to pass the rigorous quality assurance phase.

    [Blocked Image: http://olympus.tkvault.net/images/soq.gif]

  • This thread contains the single best video of 2005

    • Thrik
    • December 29, 2005 at 9:07 PM

    http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1978224

    Choose a mirror.

    To sum it up, take the Mario Pianist and then change it into Monkey Island and add complementary nostalgic video footage of the games during and between the scenes with him playing. Watching this has immediately made me want to dig out the games and play them right now.

    Very fkin' goo~!

  • okay its late and i was bored =[

    • Thrik
    • December 29, 2005 at 5:33 PM

    http://asgard.tkvault.net/do.not.share/random.mp3

    A lot of this may sound a bit wrong and/or out of tune since I basically just played and chopped out the gaps. Usually I'd prepare more of the instruments with the onboard mixer (though I had the horns/strings bit already set up from earlier) and then do some post-processing to fix the misplayed notes and whatnot, but meh. I'll do that when I do it properly. ;P

    With the exception of the beginning and ending (my modified rendition of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and the tetris theme, respectively), it's pretty much all Monkey Island sketches that I'm eventually planning to turn into a proper, composed remix. Just casually coming up with my own spins of shit atm. I do love my Monkey Island.

    Edit: Haha, I just actually listened properly and you can hear my sister screaming at me from downstairs at one point. D:

  • okay its late and i was bored =[

    • Thrik
    • December 29, 2005 at 4:06 PM

    I play the keyboard, haven't got any samples handy though. I'll record some shit after food with my awesome £2 microphone.

  • I'm stuck in the snow

    • Thrik
    • December 29, 2005 at 3:40 AM

    Nice.

    Amazingly, it snowed here in England today to a few inches of depth! A shocking turn of events; I'm sure the rain will be along shortly to bum it in the gob though.

    Fortunately I took a couple of shit photographs. My cacti are all warm and cosy inside, looking at the winter wonderland ahead. I keep telling Wuzzle on the left not to breath so hard on the window but he doesn't listen.

  • James Bond?

    • Thrik
    • December 27, 2005 at 12:25 PM

    Hahaha. Good old D3.

  • Wha'd ya Gets :)

    • Thrik
    • December 26, 2005 at 10:47 AM

    What kind of freak associates himself with Monkey Island??

  • Wha'd ya Gets :)

    • Thrik
    • December 26, 2005 at 9:57 AM

    I didn't get anything in particular. I got some smaller things such as limited edition extra-strong teabags (I do love my tea!) and whatnot, but the majority of it was just offerings of money. My immediate family didn't shell out much because as well as getting older, the keyboard that I got for my birthday in June entailed a significant sum of money on their part and as such I wouldn't expect anything more anyway.

    My little sister has started to twig about the infeasibility of Santa though. (((((

  • James Bond?

    • Thrik
    • December 26, 2005 at 9:53 AM

    Man, I haven't seen the older Bonds for so long. I do remember liking You Only Live Twice though, and loved watching pretty much all of them during my younger days. I just can't put names to any of the many, many scenes that I fondly remember.

    I really liked Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies, even though a lot of people disliked the latter. The other two new ones were a bit poo though.

  • Post your X-mas tree extravaganza

    • Thrik
    • December 23, 2005 at 9:40 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://olympus.tkvault.net/images/christmastree.jpg]

  • Post Your Pet

    • Thrik
    • December 23, 2005 at 6:26 PM
    Quote from MrH2o

    [Blocked Image: http://www.brackfighters.com/h2o/pictures/photo/big/poppi.jpg]

    Omg.

  • Apocalypto Teaser

    • Thrik
    • December 22, 2005 at 3:58 PM

    This will be the best movie of 2006.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™