Defrag I think that to survive the arrival of TF2, you and your team really need to come up with a concise lists of points that make Fortress Forever different. I've no doubt that it'll be an excellent mod, but you need to communicate why to the players as early as possible.
I mean up until now I'd imagine that most of those following your mod have done so because it is of course a new Team Fortress game, but now there's an official contender on the scene they'll naturally be more drawn to that. Having features that sound downright enticing is what you need. Shit like those radio tags and turning sentries on enemies is what people must hear! ![]()
Perhaps you could come up with a short bullet point list of between five and ten things that sum up why it's worth checking out and stick it on the front page of the site or something. I mean, if someone wants to sum up to their friends why they should check out FF, they can't use a three paragraph explanation like you just posted. They need some quick, sharp incentives — especially now that "It's Team Fortress on Source" holds little weight.
You never know, maybe the two can exist peacefully. ![]()