1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Thrik

Posts by Thrik

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 12:49 AM

    a w e s o m e

    a w e s o m e

  • Battlefield Next

    • Thrik
    • August 22, 2006 at 8:36 AM

    Didn't Dice recently get assimilated by EA?

  • Guitar newb

    • Thrik
    • August 22, 2006 at 6:44 AM

    Nice. And I mean that literally as well as instrumentally — my microphone comes out more like a phone signal.

    You should make a new thread with it though so others see it and post their shit. Phish might even post some of his cello.

  • Battlefield Next

    • Thrik
    • August 22, 2006 at 6:24 AM

    It does, but then I said the same thing when Battlefield 2 shots first started appearing.

  • Battlefield Next

    • Thrik
    • August 22, 2006 at 12:42 AM

    It's a single-player storyline game so I bloody hope so!

  • Interesting take on the commercial failure of BG&E...

    • Thrik
    • August 21, 2006 at 7:19 PM

    It's really a console game, so for it to be as good on a PC you need to make your PC feel like a console. So yes, you'd need a game pad to be comfortable. I personally think the TV effect actually improves the graphics too, since on the PC the high definition means you can see the relatively low resolution textures and such, while on a TV that slight blurring masks it.

    I only played the PC demo so I don't know how the full game is, but I immediately thought it both looked and felt better on my GameCube. If you have a console then get it for the console is my best advice.

  • Snakes on a motherfucking plane!!

    • Thrik
    • August 20, 2006 at 8:17 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://serve.ryansgoblog.com/images/soap.jpg]

    A piece of art of mine.

  • Snakes on a motherfucking plane!!

    • Thrik
    • August 19, 2006 at 6:13 PM

    I think I'm going to see it on Tuesday.

    I've been really surprised by how well received it's been myself too. All the critics are saying it's a genuinely good movie as long as you take it for what it is and don't expect anything genuinely dramatic or frightening, so I'm rather looking forward to it. The odd mindless, hilarious action flick is always good for the soul.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Thrik
    • August 17, 2006 at 2:16 PM

    L!OL!

    Did that come before or after War of the Worlds though?

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Thrik
    • August 17, 2006 at 10:59 AM

    Heh, yeah, that's another good point. HL2 itself has 'been inspired' by so many different sci-fi sources that it's pretty much impossible to attribute any themes and whatnot to it. Chances are that every single scene in HL2 has a visual counterpart in some other film or programme, no matter how obscure.

    And I don't mean a coincidental counterpart.

  • Linux

    • Thrik
    • August 17, 2006 at 9:30 AM

    Haha yes, it's wrong but most people you'll talk to don't pay for Windows. The majority of those that have it legally only do because it came free with their pre-built PC.

    But that aside, as I said earlier I'm prepared to pay that bit more for the best user experience possible, and not just the functionality. Until Linux can master both (which is going to require a lot of its user's mentalities changing) it's going to remain just how it is. A niche home OS.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Thrik
    • August 16, 2006 at 1:31 PM
    Quote from dissonance

    gamma++

    It gets to a point where all that does is wash out your lights.

  • Interesting take on the commercial failure of BG&E...

    • Thrik
    • August 16, 2006 at 11:44 AM

    You're wrong.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Thrik
    • August 16, 2006 at 9:08 AM

    England?

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Thrik
    • August 16, 2006 at 2:47 AM

    Your picture looks like a testicle on my dark, dying monitor.

  • Linux

    • Thrik
    • August 15, 2006 at 8:56 PM

    Exactly Sindwiller. I wish all Linux users could admit that as readily as you rather than giving me "lol windows" comments and stuff like that.

  • Interesting take on the commercial failure of BG&E...

    • Thrik
    • August 15, 2006 at 8:48 PM

    Random article about Jade (main character in BGAE) here:

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/58/21

  • Linux

    • Thrik
    • August 14, 2006 at 11:52 PM

    Why would I want to get used to a clearly less convenient way of doing it? That kind of attutide is why Linux is never going to become mainstream. Nobody seems to understand what makes a user experience good instead of simply functional.

    Never.

  • Linux

    • Thrik
    • August 14, 2006 at 6:27 PM

    Yeah it is a bit saddening. When I think back to being 12 I think of a life free of troubles and going on daily bike rides through Sherwood Forest and various other stuff. Sitting on Linux forums and stuff arguing the finer points of the OS is about the most distant thing that could feasibly have been on my mind back then.

    You're only young once Sindwiller. You have many years to bum around arguing about Linux ahead of you.

  • Linux

    • Thrik
    • August 14, 2006 at 5:44 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    ???

    Code
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx
    
    
    nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

    Change driver from "nv" to "nvidia". Thats it. Or when youre talking about the ATI-drivers, you need to know that the ATI-drivers suck ass.

    Wfr, Sindwiller

    Hahaha. This thread is over.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™