Nice. The bullet window thing did look extremely strange considering how much blood was visibly lost, but I liked the trailer a lot. I don't understand the model quality criticism at all though; they looked great to me.
Posts by Thrik
-
-
But seriously, what is that all about?
-
Quote from st0lve
From last week:[Blocked Image: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9128/02ci3.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://serve.ryansgoblog.com/images/stolve.jpg]
-
Doesn't every developer say the same?

-
-
Yeah, seriously. It's a fucking week old.
A week.
And this is the internet, where funnily enough not every single user sees every single article posted on it. In this case, I haven't seen it and I'm sure many others haven't either.
-
Yeah, all the extra shit like channels and Wii Sports coming free and the fact that you can get Opera free before June 2007 makes is a major factor in my opinion. They really help Nintendo's case, and imagine they'll advertise the fuck out of that come December.
-
Gotta expect it though Ginger. We get arseholed with pretty much any kind of major hardware. I'm honestly not surprised it's as much as it it in the UK (translates back to $335 for you US types).
I'm just glad the 2007 rumours were a load of todge burger.

-
Argos just changed their banner back from March 2007 to Winter 2006.

-
I would be extremely surprised if the Wii were indeed delayed until March 2007. Considering the PlayStation 3 was delayed until then in Europe last week, perhaps Argos has simply got its wires crossed. The fact that Argos is the only source for this rumour is very shady as Argos is simply a goods warehouse type place; there's no reason to suggest they have a better scoop than the rest of the internet.
I don't see how else they're going to successfully ship four million Wiis as they predict by the end of the year if Europe isn't part of the equation.
That said, at least we now know the Wii isn't region locked so the option of importing exists. You might have to replace the plug to work in UK sockets, but it should otherwise work fine.
Anyway, the London press event is today and word is that Iwata himself will be flying in to do the business. I guess we'll find out within hours what the score is, and can begin panicking or cheering depending on what's said.

-
Yeah, I'm not sure where you got the whole blog thing from. It is clearly not a blog, even if it is a fairly cool looking forum.

-
This Wii channels stuff is very nice. I'm a lazy bollock so just read my post if you haven't read about it yet.
Opera (internet browser) is also free if you download it via the download channel before June 2007, which is hot. It even comes with Javascript and Flash, so you could theoretically do anything you can on your PC browser. Obviously it's not a direct replacement since you'll be using a virtual keyboard and shit, but it'd be nice for checking your Gmail and stuff instead of getting the PC going.
Heck, you could even dick around with some Flash games while laid on your sofa, or go through a web-based RSS feed reader like Bloglines. I can definitely see the browser being useful.
-
Erm, I was clearly talking about the post-cinema side of things for personal viewing. iTunes movies go up at the same time as the DVD releases, not the cinema releases.

Obviously nothing compares to going to the cinema.
-
I didn't see it on the site, it appeared in my RSS reader that only subscribes to the main gaming category (not upcoming).

-
I saw the devbump digg post in the proper games category last night.

-
This could have some serious implications on the film industry, similarly to how their music stuff changed the music industry. I mean, have you seen those prices? Brand new DVD releases are $13 (about £6.50) and they come out at the same time as the DVDs themselves.
Considering DVDs are more like triple that at least in shops here, well, need I go on?
-
....................................................
-
There's nothing buggy about
in xhtml, it's just the browsers have trouble all rendering them the same. The best way to get them looking identical in all is to do this:
ul {
margin: 0;
padding: 0 0 26px 0;
list-style-type: none;
}
li {
background: url("/images/design_bullet.gif") 1px 10px no-repeat;
padding: 0 0 0 16px;
}
And then change the background image URL to an image of a bullet. Otherwise the browsers will use their own kind of bullets which all look different and use their own default margins, etc. With the above method they should look exactly the same across the board.
-
Joystiq has a tips form on their (very big) menu. Have a look or do a page search and you'll find it eventually.

-
I read that this film is supposed to help explain why Bond became the way that he did, so perhaps it's the trauma in this film that makes him such a cold killer of men.
