1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Arbogast (HL2-DM)

  • Mazy
  • February 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM
  • Mazy
    • February 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    • #1

    So, I started this thing shortly after finishing HL2 (in....yikes, 2004), since the City 17 textures and props are just so universally awesome and transcend time and never get old [/sarcasm], I simply had to do something with em. Little did I know that it would end up taking over 3 years to finish this crap. It's been lying around for ages, just staring at me when I accidentally went into the wrong folder and then went the fuck out (then it would cry itself to sleep). Anyway, I cant live with this kinda thing being pretty much complete and just ditching it because I'm not in the mood, so I pulled myself together and did whatever could be done to finish the map in a playable state as quickly as possible. Good thing is that the layout actually turned out pretty damn awesome if I must say so myself. Now its maybe not that interesting visually, but I did what I could to make the HL2 assets spin, and I think it turned out quite nicely (lighting could maybe use some tweaking, I know).

    Anyway, enough mindless rambling, pictures! (I'll get the weapon/item placement sorted soon, then some of us can probably have a small play test for shits n giggles )

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_06.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_07.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_08.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_09.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mazy.net/pictures/arbogast/final/arbogast_10.jpg]

    Suggestions are very welcome, but I doubt I can be bothered to fix much stuff unless its really easy/fast to do

  • dux
    • February 4, 2008 at 11:13 PM
    • #2

    omg I remember this from like 100 years ago. Great to see it's still alive.

  • Minos
    • February 4, 2008 at 11:45 PM
    • #3

    Nice to see you finally finishing this little baby

    Lighting could use some work in my opinion, as it looks very 2004'ish at the moment (no HDR, color correction etc). I also noticed there are no cubemaps at all which make some areas look weird Last but not least, this can't be a Mazy map without lots of pringles ;o How about some pringles crates? (just pick a stock model and modify the texture a bit )

  • -HP-
    • February 6, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    • #4

    I love the old school look! kick ass!

  • FrieChamp
    • February 6, 2008 at 12:06 PM
    • #5

    Ahaha Mazelteschev is takin yuo BACK INTO TIME!!!!##"/$/&$~~+!"/&!&11~~~~

    2004? Man, time flies Looks very "old school", I agree...a bit underwhelming to be honest, I wish the pillars (of which there are plenty) had more detail, they look like 6 sided brushes right now (hence the "old school" feeling I guess...). I'm sure it's fun to play, as all Mazy maps are!

    I love the little red house by the way, you need more of that.

  • Deathy
    • February 6, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • #6

    It looks quite decent but it seems like you spammed all walls inside the house with graffiti or posters, maybe a bit less of it.

    Also needs more props, physics, etc., you know, there's a gravity gun in the game and more details for the roofs (add windows, pipes, antennas, etc.).

  • Skjalg
    • February 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    • #7
    Quote from dux

    omg I remember this from like 100 years ago. Great to see it's still alive.

    ditto!

    was a little funny because i didnt read who the OP was and just checked out the images and went "lol this reminds me of that old mazy map i saw 100 years ago.."

    Then i scrolled up and smiled

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™