1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Making of: Abandoned Factory-style Office

  • mjens
  • January 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM
  • mjens
    • January 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM
    • #1

    Ok, I've started an abandoned factory themed office. I'll upload some renders here and write how it's made so it might be usefull for someone but the main idea was to force me to finish that environment by showing my work step by step

    The first step I've done was modeling a window and a part of the wall. I used cm scale with snap to 1 cm so window can be exactly 4 meters high Soon I'll add two more windows and show some concept drawings (I should show them first, but I have some only on paper).

    [Blocked Image: http://level-design.org/render2.jpg]

    More tomorrow at night

  • Minos
    • February 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    • #2

    Let me guess where you are getting inspiration from for this... ubisoft montreal?

  • mjens
    • February 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    • #3

    nope, don't know what are you talking about

    about the model:

    i've a lot of bug in it and when i'll have time then i'll finish it

    edit:

    [Blocked Image: http://level-design.org/render3.jpg]

    triscount: 1200

    tris limit: none

    added some details, removed windows (to much tris), a lot of ideas

    edit:

    [Blocked Image: http://level-design.org/render4.jpg]

  • Sindwiller
    • February 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    • #4

    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10608

    Muhahaha. That's a funny coincidence.

  • mjens
    • February 4, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    • #5

    oh I see now hah I even had the same idea to ruin that wall

  • FrieChamp
    • February 4, 2008 at 6:33 PM
    • #6

    Don't forget the car!

    ZING!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™