1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

why I hate physical media

  • zaphod
  • November 15, 2007 at 5:01 AM
  • zaphod
    • November 17, 2007 at 12:36 AM
    • #21
    Quote from Cybbe

    What I don't like about steam, is being dependant on steam to be able to play your games. Even on the games that have non-steam counterparts. It's silly. And it often means you can't play it when the steam servers are down :/

    I suppose the other side of the coin is that if you scratch your disc you can't ever play again until the end of time no matter what.

    At least if I have an issue with steam I probably have some avenue of resolution besides buying the game over again.

  • Rick_D
    • November 17, 2007 at 3:19 AM
    • #22
    Quote from Cybbe

    What I don't like about steam, is being dependant on steam to be able to play your games. Even on the games that have non-steam counterparts. It's silly. And it often means you can't play it when the steam servers are down :/

    yeah it's lame how the steam servers are down so often.

    two times last year - pissed me right off.

    do i even need a rolleyes here or is my sarcasm strong enough

  • SnipaMasta
    • November 17, 2007 at 1:33 PM
    • #23
    Quote from Rick_D

    I downloaded CoD4 - just over 6gigs.

    Where is your physical media god now?!??!!!

    Digital is superior and only queers and steers want anything other than digital :S

    I got Bioshock 1 day before I would on Steam, with a physical copy, and £1 cheaper.

    There's my physical media god.

  • clayman
    • November 17, 2007 at 1:36 PM
    • #24

    offlinemode is cool

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™